ForumsProgramming ForumAGame: RPG

162 57727
Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

Ok, in the absence of Beech and Darkroot, I made this forum. Sorry guys, you just were taking to long. So, It seems like the main idea was for an RPG. I like that idea.

• 162 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I created a googledoc, everyone who has been working on the thread post your e-mails (or email me at m-agame@hotmail.com) and ill share the doc with you.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Master, get this: http://gamersirc.net/ger/girc/#download
Download, install, run, click twice on continue (its simple but ill write it down now), set a Nickname, Connect (it takes a few seconds), when connected write /j project_agame.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

I can set a Bot if you guys want.. its not necessary but if we want that this channel is ours for ever i can set a Bot so that he will be the owner and give voice and admin whenever we join so that noone can steal our channel... perhaps later when we are done with the currect game or so?

Thebester5
Thebester5
53 posts
Nomad

master. i already had a googledoc D:, i said so 7 pages ago

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Did you type up all our current rules?

I want to show you mine and you can show me yours.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Sorry I've not been very present in this thread for the last few weeks, been busy with midterms,essays,competition and my game.

The problem I see with the IRC is that we don't all live in the same timezone and getting us all to chat at a specific time would be hard.

How are the rest of you progressing on the mini-games? I doubt we will run into trouble with multiple copy submissions. Also please host the .swf and post the .fla so people can see the code and learn from it. It's a group project that's main goal is learning and experience.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I would rather only host the swf and not the fla so that no one can steal the game or any code for other projects. If someone needs help i can send them some code i can try to help them but i just feel like handing out the code to people i don't know is a bad idea.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

By the way, i live in eastern standard time

Also, tell me if I'm being stupid in my last post darkroot.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

No, it isn't stupid. But we could create a drop box account and send the passwords through email, thus only people in our group theoretically would be able to upload and download the games.

Otherwise we could just send it to a single person to put the whole thing together if people don't trust people in this thread :0.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

Better create a new Account, name it "Experience" or so..

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

No i trust people here, but if we get more people which i think we should, i don't trust them.

Dante92
Dante92
70 posts
Jester

I still would create a new Account.. what if we are going to make more games? I mean, in the future I will try to do so, then it would be great if I could have as many games submitted as I could, including theese we are going to make (perhaps). It looks better, it shows our experience, it presents the whole history. Know what I mean?

Those who are working on the game right now, and I mean intensively, those should get the password (if wanted and needed) for the Account. So they can answer on feedback or ideas, you know? But first I think we should try to create a 8+ game, so that we "HAVE" to make a sequel or sth. So that we know that our ideas and our skills are good enough to create wanted game.

But the thing is, I dont know how good you are, in developing and coding. What are your possibilities? Whats possible for? Which ideas can you realize and which are unrealizable? How far are you with learning Actionscript or Flash? Look.. I don't know and that is why I dont want to think about Features. Most of them wouldn't even be able to implement (perhaps (?)... So?

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Dante i mentioned that idea a little while ago and no one responded but I'm all for it. As for my skill in programming, not so good, but thats why we chose an easy game to make.

Also darkroot, since your better at programming, how do you suggest we have the games chosen and played at random without repeating a game twice? I think we should have each game on a different frame and at the game start, assign each game a random number and have it play each number in order of 1 through X (X being the number of games we have at the end).

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I have made 4 games now and i posted them on my google doc.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Also darkroot, since your better at programming, how do you suggest we have the games chosen and played at random without repeating a game twice? I think we should have each game on a different frame and at the game start, assign each game a random number and have it play each number in order of 1 through X (X being the number of games we have at the end).

Yes, you have the right idea but you don't need to assign the games any numbers, just a random function that picks a number then it goes to the frame and a game. The function will also remember the last game played to prevent people from playing the same game twice.
Showing 106-120 of 162