Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

AGame: RPG

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 5:36pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,879 posts

@master565 good job on the game, much more than I expected.

thought it was just a example.. hmm. need ideas for games?

Dante92 you should start working on something or decide what you want to do. I see a lot of comments but not many that help the progress of the game.

I also recently got an email from Beech and he says that he is completely swamped with an project. He probably will come back after he is done.

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 6:05pm

Dante92

Dante92

71 posts

So... on what should I stark working? I don't have any coding-experience. I don't know how your game looks like... what kind of graphicstyle it has and so. Gimme some screenshots or create an .exe file so that I can run and test it.

Tell me what to do and I will try to do it.

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 6:06pm

Thebester5

Thebester5

53 posts

Wow... While I've been gone everything has happened :D I love everyone's ideas. I especially love Masters. I think we should be able to do that.

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 6:11pm

Thebester5

Thebester5

53 posts

Also: I have our tag-line.

AGames: The Best Grade Games can get!
Give me any other ideas.

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 6:14pm

master565

master565

4,288 posts

Well game suggestions will help dante, and here is another one thats a little more complicated

http://www.filedropper.com/dodgemicrogame_1

Two things about this one
1) Not sure if its allowed but i borrowed code from a tutorial on smoother character movements
2) It knows when you hit the balls

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 6:41pm

Thebester5

Thebester5

53 posts

good idea :D

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 7:22pm

master565

master565

4,288 posts

We need to start a new thread for this and if everyone likes my ideas here

I'm suggesting the games be 5 seconds, each game won will let you continue, each game lost will lose one life. We'll decide the amount of lives after we see the difficulty. Depending on how many games we have, well either have them all in one game mode or we'll do what wario ware inc does (gabloloth look up the game) and have about 10-15 games followed by a boss level then you'll unlock another mode with 10-15 more games followed by a new boss level. Each game will only be played with arrow keys and a space bar (if we have a mouse and spacebar it will make games confusing).

For recruiting a few more programmers, we wont need more than 5 or 6 and we'll ask each of them to make around 5 games or more. They just need to make sure that...
1) the stage is empty
2) the game can tell if its been won or lost (preferably by a boolean)

As for menu's and the such, we'll create those later.

As for music, after were almost done we can go to the art, music, and writing forum and find someone who wants to make music for us (for free).

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 7:26pm

master565

master565

4,288 posts

(i forgot to finish my last post)

If no one disagrees with these than whoever on this thread who wants to start making games can.

BUT we still need to figure out how to make sure people aren't making the same games that has already been made.

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 7:29pm

Dante92

Dante92

71 posts

Dude I don't know how to open this .swf file ! How ?!

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 7:53pm

master565

master565

4,288 posts

you need to download flash 10.2 projector from here
http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Reply to AGame: RPG

You must be logged in to post a reply!