ForumsNews and Feedbackqueries about ag3

6 2587
brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

[url=http://armorgames.com/community/thread/6441505/ag3-update-on-migrating-armor-points]

is the link for what is happening to our armor points upon the arrival of ag3, but one thing is very very unclear for me. How many (if any) of our old armor points be carried forward onto ag3? i understand some ill go into achievements which i like the sound of. but that still dose not answer the question of whether our points will be halved, reduced to around 100, lost altogether, or just simply passed through.

this is my question, but anybody reading/viewing this thread are more than welcome to respond/reply with answers and hopefully more questions that we all want answering.

thank you for reading

-brp47

• 6 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

sorry for the double post, but,

Please use the link at the bottom of the post to go to our GetSatisfaction page to leave any feedback or questions so we can address them as a whole company. Thanks!

that's what it said at the bottom of the link. so you might want to post this
here.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Currently, we're not awarding any points of any kind on AG3 beta. The new activity stream and Inbox setup will provide many ways to communicate with users, so we probably won't award points for those any more.

We've had a huge problem with spam over the past few years with users writing short spammy messages on games, user profiles, etc., just to get points.

We're planning the new Reputation system, which will allow users to like/unlike public comments left by other users, and that will work towards a reputation score of some kind, and that reputation score will unlock other things like custom armatars, group/clan creation, that sort of thing.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Sorry, hit submit without actually answering the OP.

The other thing to consider with our points change is that &quotoints" will be game-related on AG3, not for communication. So even if we carry over forum posts, we might be able to award a certain quantity of Reputation points based on what you've written in the forums in the past. So points from communication will likely NOT carry over to AG3.

We'll probably award points to users who have created "gameshare" content (castles in Crush the Castle, etc), since we've been tracking the authors since last August. We'll probably award achievements based on number of plays/likes as well. As such, users who create content will likely start out with some points. We have not discussed how many points these things will carry. We might scale it like 5 points for creating it, 1 point per 1000 plays, 2 points per 1000 likes, that sort of thing.

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

thank you cormyn this is very helpful information, that answers my questions.
i will post a link onto my profile with this thread on it, so that my freinds who have similar problems may look it up aswell - http://armorgames.com/user/brp47
thank you

brp47

brp47
brp47
580 posts
Peasant

i apologize for double commenting but the link to my profile is rong because the 'thank' of thank you has been carried over in the quote :P

Showing 1-6 of 6