ForumsPopular MediaDelossantosj's Song of the Week!

192 84608
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Welcome to Delossantosjâs Song of the Week!! (mod approved)
In this thread I will post a song every week that deserves a shot in the spotlight! There will song lyrics, and most likely the music video or such to the song.
The song must be new(ish). 1.5-2 years back as a limit pending on how popular the song actually was.
I will take ANY songs for request on my page in the comments section, but just know that if only you have requested that song, odds are it wonât be picked. If youâd like me to post a song that you think deserves it, then try and get some supporters and followers!
Feel free to comment or state positive criticism to the song and tell me if you guys think itâs a good song or not!
ALL GENRES ARE ACCEPTED HERE!

SONG OF THE WEEK: Ropes-Foo Fighters

with the foo fighters new single off there number selling album that HASNT EVEN COME OUT YET i feel like this song deserves a win for this first week.

with epic guitar riffs, kick butt drumming, and strong dave vocals this song has everything going for it.

link to song to listen

lyrics:
This indecision got me climbing up the walls
I've been cheating gravity and waiting on the falls
How did this come over me, I thought I was above it all
Our hopes gone up in smoke, swallow your crown

On a kiss, I thought I'd save my breath for you

Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm hanging on you
Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm pulling for you now
Give me some rope I'm coming, out of my head, into the clear when you, go,
I, go, No

These premonitions got me crying up a storm

Leave your condition, this position does no harm

I, go, No

I, go, No

• 192 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Linoleum-As covered by streetlight manifesto, originally by punk legends NOFX.

I do love the cover, but i gotta stay true to NOFX.
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Love all but the last song. Nice choices. But I don't get what this whole feature song is.

the featured song is basically the best song that i heard this past week that i HAVENT heard before. so if i havent heard it before, if its older, and if i like it, it has a good chance to be the "featured song"
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

a bit of a late song of the week but here it is!

lets get started. Many of you guys may not know this man, but good lord is he brilliant. some of you may have heard of him because he was the singer for alexisonfire. truly a haunting voice that could get any girl. keep in mind that this recording is LIVE

this weeks song of the week: O'sister-by City and Color (AKA dallas green)

The runner up song is from a band i almost garentee no one has heard of lol XD. truly some beautiful lyrics on this song right here.

the runner up: Young Blood-by the Young and Famous

The featured song is from a sort of "fall out boy" band. they are in that sort of genre anyways. they are playing at warped tour and my friends were like, "you gotta see them man! they are so good!", so i gave them a chance, and the outcome wasnt to bad

monsters-by vices i admire.

i am DEEPLY sorry that i couldnt find a good link to this song. but thats the bet i could do :/ just look it up for yourselves i guess.

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

city and colour is so naaaaaaaaaaaice
alexisonfire is one of my faves, dallas has a beautiful voice

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

dallas green is the ultamite artist to fall asleep to. this last album is very &quotink floyd'y"

deth4
deth4
764 posts
Nomad

i prefer to fall asleep to Beyond This Point are Monsters
or just about any other great Post Rock artists

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

well somebody had to bring this thread back!

City and Colour isnt really my kind of music, to slow

Youg Blood made me want to barf I hate those stupid electronic sounds pop music has

and monsters was..well the person that made that video sucked

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH?!!! I DONT KNOW WHEN THIS GOT STICKIED

i will now have to start making new song of the weeks again. ill get that up tonight guys.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

NEW SONG OF THE WEEK

yes, the thread is back. i had to take a break so that i could work out a lot of stuff with school/scholarships/etc. but im back and ready to get this going again.

since i dont really have time to label everything. i shall list 4 songs. 3 of which are new, new being 2010-present, and the last one is a song i havent heard untill just recently.

song 1.:The Word Alive-The Wretched

this first song is for all your hardcore/metalcore fans.

if you donnt know this band already, you are REALLY missing out. the way i heard of this band was when i was at warped tour. i went with a big group and all my friends were like, "dude you gotta go see the word alive with us", so i was like aight. i did and they blew my mind. very good band right here

Song 2:Blink 182-Up All Night

i really like this song. its a great come back song for blink and its deffinatly something for them to be proud off. its like the perfect blend of plus 44 and angels and airwaves

Song 3:Go Radio-It's Not a Trap I Promise

Go Radio is another band that i discovered at Warped Tour. i was actually in line to get middle class ruts autograph and they were just happening to play at the stage right next to theyre tent. and i gotta say i was jamming in the line. mayday parades ex lead singer does a great job with this band, and while this may not be their newest album, its still fantastic and is a 2010 CD.

Song 4:[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXBDJA4BDJg]Maps and Atlases-Songs for Ghosts to Haunt To

This song is not for those who dont like complexity, cause this guitar riff is nothinng but that. its an amazing sound and a very good song to showcase the math rock genre.

p.s. feel free to start leaving suggestions on my page again guys.

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

Good choices, Delos. The only song I really didn't like was the one by "The Word Alive", mainly because I'm not into bands that scream.
I think the favorite of this bunch was "It's Not a Trap I Promise". I like the singing, the guitar parts and everything. I also like Songs for ghosts to Haunt to, but I couldn't understand a thing the singer was saying in the song.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

I must know, why is this a sticky?

He must have bribed the mods, considering this thread is next to dead.

i know who stickied it but they did on their own descression to revive it. which was cool, and he succeeded.

comment on my songs and tell me what you think guys
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

NEW SONG OF THE WEEK

alright guys, this week im coming to you with a bit of a pop punk week.

the first song is off of the new album "Am I the Enemy" which i got the day it came out by coincidence. i listened to it and i got to say its some of the bands best work yet and i highly reccomend the whole album. this song right here is one of my favorites off the album. more of a punk sound from them

Reap-by the red jumpsuit apparatus

the runner up is off of the new All Time Low album "Dirty Work". pretty good album, it has its ups and downs but this in particular i like.

Time-Bomb-by all time low.

This weeks featured song i got off of reccomendation from Pazx. they are like a modern day more poppy queen. very good.

this song is called All The Pretty Girls-by fun.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

NEW SONG OF THE WEEK

this week was easily a no brainer for me. most of you know my favorite band is dream theater and i have to say their latest album impressed me to death. so naturally the song of the week is from dream theater

SONG OF THE WEEK

Lost Not Forgotten-by Dream Theater

The runner up is probably a lot of peoples favorite song right now. an extremely popular song from two of the most influential electronica artists of all time.

Runner Up

Cinema-by Benny Benassi Ft. Skrillex

hehe wanna hear a joke? why is skrillex so bad at fishing? cause he always DROPS THE BASS!!!

Featured Song

im not going to go into it to much, but its an indy song from an indy band, very good tune right here.

Shuffle-by Bombay Bicycle Club

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

For last week - your choice was brilliant. Nearly everything by red jumpsuit apparatus is amazing.

I do however prefer shuffle over cinema. :P

KrissKhan
KrissKhan
271 posts
Farmer

I agree with your choice of the Dream Theater's song. The album is pretty awesome and maybe more accessible for neophytes than the previous

Showing 106-120 of 192