ForumsPopular MediaDelossantosj's Song of the Week!

192 84442
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Welcome to Delossantosjâs Song of the Week!! (mod approved)
In this thread I will post a song every week that deserves a shot in the spotlight! There will song lyrics, and most likely the music video or such to the song.
The song must be new(ish). 1.5-2 years back as a limit pending on how popular the song actually was.
I will take ANY songs for request on my page in the comments section, but just know that if only you have requested that song, odds are it wonât be picked. If youâd like me to post a song that you think deserves it, then try and get some supporters and followers!
Feel free to comment or state positive criticism to the song and tell me if you guys think itâs a good song or not!
ALL GENRES ARE ACCEPTED HERE!

SONG OF THE WEEK: Ropes-Foo Fighters

with the foo fighters new single off there number selling album that HASNT EVEN COME OUT YET i feel like this song deserves a win for this first week.

with epic guitar riffs, kick butt drumming, and strong dave vocals this song has everything going for it.

link to song to listen

lyrics:
This indecision got me climbing up the walls
I've been cheating gravity and waiting on the falls
How did this come over me, I thought I was above it all
Our hopes gone up in smoke, swallow your crown

On a kiss, I thought I'd save my breath for you

Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm hanging on you
Give me some rope I'm coming loose, I'm pulling for you now
Give me some rope I'm coming, out of my head, into the clear when you, go,
I, go, No

These premonitions got me crying up a storm

Leave your condition, this position does no harm

I, go, No

I, go, No

• 192 Replies
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

In Traces there's a lot of electronic sounds used in the song, I usually don't mind a bit but it was sounding quite like nu metal

give me an example in the video cause im having a hard time figuring out what part is really electronic other than the fact that there are electric guitars and mics.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

SONG OF THE WEEK

Shadow Of Eternal Sin-by Thy Art is Murder
http://i45.fastpic.ru/thumb/2012/1017/6f/7e72b2c5c3971cc6a09a150c71cae86f.jpeg

Thy Art is Murder is a Death Metal band coming straight from down under (Australia). With their recent release Hate They have really been starting to make a name for themselves in the industry.

There are so many good bands coming out of Australia i feel though. Thy Art is Murder, Northlane, Parkway Drive, Tame Impala, Hiatus Kaiyote, etc. really liking the scene down there.

delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

Forgot to post the runner up again.

Runner Up

Oblivion- by Grimes
http://did.youhearthenew.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Grimes-Visions-2012.jpg

Grimes is an artist based out of Montreal, though she is from Vancouver. Her name is Clair Boucher and shes one dope chick. I recently did an album Review of this album on the Album Reviews thread, so if you are interested in hearing about how the rest of the album is, take a peak.

IceClaw247
IceClaw247
843 posts
Jester

Thy Art is Murder is a Death Metal band coming straight from down under (Australia). With their recent release Hate They have really been starting to make a name for themselves in the industry.

Hell yes! One of my favourite bands and am really impressed with Hate in general as an album, they have a lot of talent. Great choice from the album! If I had to be picky with the labelling they are death core technically...
delossantosj
delossantosj
6,685 posts
Nomad

death core technically...

yes indeed. core just turns people off from music sometimes automatically cause a lot of metal heads are narrow minded like that. so i trick'em
Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

*goes on another hiatus and doesn't post for a whole 'nother year*

I really like your taste in music. I haven't heard of some of these bands and artists.

Showing 181-186 of 192