iamlentil64

iamlentil64

89 posts

Hoping AGv3 beta invitation at the moment... *sniff*

Posted May 22, '11 at 10:36pm

zakyman

zakyman

1,588 posts

Dang, I'm gonna miss the old layout. However, I think that the black background (say that three times fast. Black background that is.) looks rather dashing...

Slightly off-topic, but I think that is the first time a straight man has ever said something looks dashing.

Posted May 25, '11 at 2:39pm

dillsoccer

dillsoccer

129 posts

this is awesome.I cant wait!!

Posted May 25, '11 at 3:39pm

Kirby998

Kirby998

5,236 posts

So here's the newest release, quite a big one if you ask me.

--

Release 13: Club

Email:

Our 13th beta release, code-named Club, is released today, and has some exciting new features and important bug fixes to check out. Some highlights include the ability to change your AG3 Armatar, the new Public Message feature, and a completely reworked Private Message system. Please help us out by giving these new features a try and let us know if you find any issues or have suggestions on how else to improve something.

We look forward to your feedback!

NEW FEATURES
*    Armatars! With our previous release you could browse Armatars but could not save your choice. You now can browse and change your Armatar. All "legacy" AG2 Armatars have been imported and are available to our beta users for selection. We have also started creating some game-specific Armatars which are exclusive to AG3. Changing your armatar may take a few minutes to fully update. Armatar changes made on AG3 beta are only visible to users on AG3 beta.
*    New Private Message Inbox is here! We took a simpler approach to the Inbox, rebuilt it, and now it's faster, more efficient, shows a threaded history of the messages, and is much, much easier to use. As a reminder, your previous private messages are currently unavailable with this release.
*    New Public Profile Messages. You can now leave a public message on their profile page, provided they allow it in their privacy settings. Do you like their new armatar choice, or want to congratulate them on beating your high score? Now you can. Simply visit their profile, click the "Message" button, select the option to make the message public, and away you go! Public messages will show up in the recipient's activity stream.

BUG FIXES
*    The Public Square now shows everything we intend it to.
*    We fixed some "Presence" bugs. Be sure to double-check your privacy settings the next time you log in.
*    We have significantly sped up the armatar browsing windows.

NOTES
*    Coming soon: an "All" category. You've asked for it, and we're delivering. Soon you'll be able to browse all games, regardless of category. (action, adventure, arcade, etc).
*    The seasonal armatars are not on AG3 yet. We'll import those into a "Seasonal" collection and add them to appropriate series names in a future release. You'll also be able to see which armatars are used more than others, so it'll be much easier to find that rarely-used armatar to start out in the crowd.
*    Keep in mind that changing anything on your profile on AG2 will reset your AG3 armatar to martch AG2.

Posted May 25, '11 at 3:55pm

EmanueI

EmanueI

5 posts

This new layout looks very cool in my opinion, the colors/ the design etc. I can't wait until I can try all the new features, they look very interesting "Achievement" / "the follow option" / "new option to reply"! I think AG has reach over the top this time! Keep up the hard work! :>

Posted May 27, '11 at 10:03am

tool1996

tool1996

71 posts

Thank god New Armatars and achievements!!
The new armorgames site looks lots and lots better.
Great work guys.

Posted May 27, '11 at 2:52pm

metalwill

metalwill

154 posts

Can't say that I'm a big fan of what I see. Seems like they're trying to turn AG into more of a social networking site than a game hosting site. I come to AG to play games - if I want to chat it up with my friends then I'll go to Facebook.

Posted May 27, '11 at 4:12pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,852 posts

Can't say that I'm a big fan of what I see. Seems like they're trying to turn AG into more of a social networking site than a game hosting site. I come to AG to play games - if I want to chat it up with my friends then I'll go to Facebook.

AG will still remain primarily a gaming site, but there will also be some social networking features in AG3.

Posted May 27, '11 at 4:31pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Seems like they're trying to turn AG into more of a social networking site than a game hosting site. I come to AG to play games

AG will always be about gaming, but we're trying to balance playing games with having a social aspect to it as well. By no means are you required to use or even pay attention to any of the activity stream information.

One of the things lacking on AG2 is a way to share high scores, etc., with friends on the site. AG2 has two very distinct groups of people: those who play games, and those who hang out in the forums or write user comments to one another. There are very few users who do both. We're just trying to build a site that bridges that gap a little more, but you don't have to participate in those aspects if you don't want ... just turn off all of your privacy settings, and that'll be that.

Posted May 27, '11 at 4:57pm

xXKashitoXx

xXKashitoXx

821 posts

wow! AG3 sounds pretty awesome! Actually can't wait what AG has in store for us! :D

Reply to AGv3 Release History

You must be logged in to post a reply!