Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

AGv3 Release History

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 5:17pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

Hmmm... the mood is 'down' in here to say the least! Maybe they should implement the smileys like they already have on GetSat! How's that for an update?! ;)
(And don't go replying with "yah, if they ever going to launch AG3"... LOL)

------------------------------------------
The mood in here...
http://forum.playelectrikclub.com/images/smilies/juego1/Sad_smiley.png
Sad: 1,347 users

http://forum.playelectrikclub.com/images/smilies/juego1/Dont_know_smiley.png
Not sure: 46 users

http://forum.playelectrikclub.com/images/smilies/juego1/Very_happy_smiley.png
Confident: 3 users

Does this round it up a bit? =)

I'm still confident that the new AG3 website is going to come, eventually... but I DO agree on the fact that AG-HQ should really keep it's community in the loop when it comes to what's going on with the development of AG3.
This is where they fail massively and never picked up where cormyn left off when he parted from ArmorGames, which is a missed opportunity to say the least...

I know they lost several people over time, but it surely can't be reasonable grounds to wait with chosing/appointing/hiring a new CM for all us hungry for info AG users?! (o.O)

I'm sitting back and wait to see if an admin prooves me wrong by posting the very message that there's a new ArmorGames Community Manager! Maybe Carlie can return gloriously... YESPLEASE! =D

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 6:24pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

Sad: 1,347 users

I wouldn't consider myself sad that AG3 is taking forever to complete. Actually, I'm quite glad that they don't appear to be making any progress on it. I'm in no rush at all for this entire community to just be erased and supposedly reset. What puzzles me most is that people are excited about it.

So put me down for confident. Confident that AG3 will not be around for a very long time.

Posted Sep 18, '12 at 8:30pm

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

5,152 posts

Whats really disappointing me is that there no one that feel a lil bit responsible to throw out some informations, this lack of information (equal if there good or bad) is awfully bad.

I'm sitting back and wait to see if an admin prooves me wrong by posting the very message that there's a new ArmorGames Community Manager! Maybe Carlie can return gloriously... YESPLEASE! =D

A new AG-Community Manager... that thought must be born in one of your wildest dreams^^

Posted Sep 19, '12 at 2:38am

Yoshi8521

Yoshi8521

133 posts

Ok. Now I can't even get to the beta site when I could a while back. Does that mean something? lol How do I get to the new site now?

Posted Sep 19, '12 at 3:26am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

I wouldn't consider myself sad that AG3 is taking forever to complete. Actually, I'm quite glad that they don't appear to be making any progress on it. I'm in no rush at all for this entire community to just be erased and supposedly reset.

WUT? Where did you get that idea Ernie?! They won't reset the entire community... granted, some stuff needs to be changed compared to the current website, but they will transfer the profiles and their internal links (friends, fav games, abouts) to the new website! And they are working on a way to transfer the forums, allthough that job probably requires a complete think-tank as it is a landslide of data... (o.O)

What puzzles me most is that people are excited about it.

Why shouldn't they be?! I have to admit that -even though I'm one of those excited people- I too have some concerns about the new website and some features are not implemented or not to my personal liking, but hey... we can't all have it exactly the way we want it? Right?
(Some form of input would have been a sign of courtesy, allthough that would probably mail-flood AG-HQ! LOL)

So put me down for confident. Confident that AG3 will not be around for a very long time.

Check! Even though it actually smells/feels/looks like a proper 'sad' instead, I'll comply! =P

---

Whats really disappointing me is that there no one that feel a lil bit responsible to throw out some informations, this lack of information (equal if there good or bad) is awfully bad.

Sadly... all of the users can agree upon this, even the ones that were confident on getting info before (read myself i.e.) have now lost hope and are a little bittered on the utter lack of information given to the AG community...
This lack of communication towards the very people that keep your website alive is a very bad thing (emphasise on very bad) and even if they would simply assign someone to it who would then post some information only once a month, it would be enough! There... got it off my chest... =)

A new AG-Community Manager... that thought must be born in one of your wildest dreams^^

Oh, if only you knew how wild my dreams actually are! This website would be different... VERY different! (o.0)

Ok. Now I can't even get to the beta site when I could a while back. Does that mean something? lol How do I get to the new site now?

The Beta website has been closed effectively on August 31, 2012. This was already announced on several occasions in several threads, including Freakenstein who posted it on his profile. ;)

If you ask whether it means something... then yes! This is a sure sign of progress and shows that they are still working on the new coming AG3 website! (Short in-post message: don't go and simply say that this is only one sign, namely the one that the beta is now closed and nothing more... mm-kay?!)

As for getting to the Beta website, you can't... it is closed completely for open public testing and can't be accessed anymore right now.
The beta won't be re-opened again, probably because they have rounded up all the tests they wanted to try out, unless they have some extra/new stuff to test of course, but this is highly unlikely to happen! =)

Posted Sep 19, '12 at 10:51am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

They won't reset the entire community...

They mentioned that they're going to have a new forum engine and if they can't transfer or if it's too difficult for them to transfer the threads, they'll start with new forums.

This is a sure sign of progress and shows that they are still working on the new coming AG3 website!

A sure sign of progress is showing and telling us what they're doing. Closing the beta site is a way for them to sweep it under the rug.

A video game developer has been working on a game for two years, in those two years he's had a beta version of the game out. There has been little to no new content added to said game. One day he decides to stop the beta testing and doesn't release any information about the game, thus losing supporters and followers. Most likely he's stopped working on that game.

Now apply that to AG3.

Posted Sep 20, '12 at 11:16am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

They mentioned that they're going to have a new forum engine and if they can't transfer or if it's too difficult for them to transfer the threads, they'll start with new forums.

I know what you mean GOM, but I understood from what Ernie said that they would reset the entire community, not just the forums... but let's hope that they find a way to transfer all the threads (or at least the bulk of it) to the new forums, but I have to admit that this is highly unlikely... =/

A sure sign of progress is showing and telling us what they're doing. Closing the beta site is a way for them to sweep it under the rug.

Agreed, that would be the surest way for us AG users to know that they are really still working on the new AG3 website and that they are making progress, but I prefer to stay optimistic (my nature) and keep the faith that they are still busy developing it! So any sign given, however small, is a good sign to me! ;)

A video game developer has been working on a game for two years, in those two years he's had a beta version of the game out. There has been little to no new content added to said game. One day he decides to stop the beta testing and doesn't release any information about the game, thus losing supporters and followers. Most likely he's stopped working on that game.

Now apply that to AG3.

Again... you portray a realistic view on the matter, but I can only be annoyed by the fact that they lack in giving out information about the progress. This was Carlie's job, which was then handed down to cormyn up to a year ago and nobody has been picking that up where he left off... that's what's really been bugging me! =/

Posted Sep 20, '12 at 5:11pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

Sorry for the double post, but check out this advertisement video I found on YouTube for the (then) new website ArmorGames introduced 4 years ago!

They should make a new one (not neccessarily that long) to give the users an update on what's going on and what's there to come!

Watch the video on the New ArmorGames website in 2008...

Any feel for an acting job Tass or Boppins? ;)

Posted Sep 21, '12 at 1:57am

chowafu

chowafu

4 posts

if i go to this AVg3 site can i play my account from this site to the AGv3 site?? can i play the games that i like in here in that site??

Posted Sep 21, '12 at 9:13am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,099 posts

@ chowafu : Yes! Everything you do, write, save, fave and have here on the current AG2 website will be transferred to the new AG3 website once it launches!

So you can still play those games you like and faved right now on the new website as well, with the exact same account you have now as it simply stays the same! =)

Reply to AGv3 Release History

You must be logged in to post a reply!