Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

AGv3 Release History

Posted Mar 25, '11 at 3:53pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Sure and i assume all links that put a # after the URL isn't linked to anything and also where should i report it to?

Posted Mar 25, '11 at 4:45pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,094 posts

Always go to GetSatisfaction for reporting bugs, declaring ideas, asking questions, and giving love! The difference between this and GS? Feedback is directly heard by the staff and used as reference points. Have fun with the beta *goes back to the journey he hypocritically tries to continue*

Posted Mar 25, '11 at 9:34pm

exicoasterpath

exicoasterpath

265 posts

I have just signed up for beta, hopefully I get in. I also signed up for Exitpath 2 beta. I really want to get in!

Posted Mar 25, '11 at 10:24pm

Kirby998

Kirby998

5,236 posts

Well I would've updated this earlier but I was gone on a trip. This next up date is #10 of the regularly scheduled releases

--

Release 10: Shortsword

Email:
Our 10th release is here, and called Shortsword, but is by no means short on features or bug fixes! This release introduces the first phase of Friend requests, bringing your Armor Games user relationships to a higher level. The interface controls were there in the last release, but were not enabled. We've also added more ways to view your favorite games and see a history of the games you've played. Additionally we have updated our Game Rating widget, so rating games is now more intuitive; you can also can change your rating at any time.

We look forward to your feedback!

NEW FEATURES
•    Friend Requests are here! When visiting a user profile, you'll see a 'Connect' button. When you click it, you'll have the option to 'Follow' the user, or to send a 'Friend Request'. The recipient of the Friend Request will get a notice in their AG Inbox (introduced in the last release) where they can Accept or Deny the request, or Block the user who sent it. When the user Accepts the request, a Friendship is established between two users, and the privacy settings for 'Friends' will take precedent over the 'Followers' settings.
•    Your Inbox can now be viewed and controlled from the Utility Bar. Now you can view/reply and accept/deny friend requests, and start a new message to someone without leaving the game you're playing! The Inbox controls are found in the "Activity Stream" menu.
•    "Favorite Games & History" is enabled on your Dashboard! These controls will now show your favorite games, and the last few games you've played including how many times you've played them (a star indicates the game is one of your favorites).
•    Updated Rating Widget. A new visual widget allowing you to rate games on a scale of .5-10 Shields. The score you're submitting is clearly displayed. You also have the ability to view and change your rating at any time. The new widget is found above the game, not underneath the game.

BUG FIXES
*    We fixed an Inbox bug where users could view their Sent messages, and click on a message, marking it as "read" for the recipient.
*    Fixed a bug with how Followers were displayed.
*    We've added a "Load More" button on your Inbox.
*    Game play pages should show a more accurate play count.
*    Users who are perma-banned on AG2 are now also perma-banned on AG3.
*    Fixed some tag bugs which made the Miscellaneous game category page throw errors.

NOTES
*    Friends are not currently showing up on Dashboard -> Friends & Followers -> Your Friends
*    If you click on Utility Bar -> Activity Stream -> Inbox -> Send Message while viewing a user's profile will force the recipient of any new message to be the user whose profile you're viewing. We will fix this in a future release. Sending a message from the Utility Bar should allow you to send to any user.
*    Accepting or Denying Friend requests do work, but the messages may linger in your Inbox while the system processes your response before clearing the message from your Inbox. We'll speed this up in a future release.
*    Accepting or Denying a friend request will not send any confirmation to the person who sent the friend request.
*    We've started tracking message replies to tie them back to the original message that started your Inbox conversations. This will allow us to show a threaded message display in your Inbox in a future release.
*    Game ratings on the home page and category pages are color coded for awesomeness.

Screenshots:

New Favorite Games
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp218/Kirby998_2008/favgames.jpg

Sending a Friend Request/Following Someone
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp218/Kirby998_2008/fr.jpg

Inbox (Yes I know I'm a loner D:)
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp218/Kirby998_2008/inbox.jpg

New Rating System
http://i413.photobucket.com/albums/pp218/Kirby998_2008/newrating.jpg

That's it for now folks.

Posted Mar 26, '11 at 11:53pm

Nater

Nater

1,142 posts

So were changing armorgames to Facebook with flash games. Dissaponting. The status update feature will get overused and there will be complaints all over the place.

Posted Mar 26, '11 at 11:58pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,094 posts

So were changing armorgames to Facebook with flash games.

No, for the 78th time! :D

The status update feature will get overused and there will be complaints all over the place.

Only time will tell. So far, time has told me, and surely others, that the status update feature is great.

Posted Mar 27, '11 at 12:35am

Nater

Nater

1,142 posts

No, for the 78th time! :D

Explain what big new ideas we added to the Ag that Facebook doesn't already have

Posted Mar 27, '11 at 12:41am

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Explain what big new ideas we added to the Ag that Facebook doesn't already have

Explain what facebook has that other social networking sight don't have.

Just because they added some social networking features doesn't mean they're reinventing facebook.

Posted Mar 27, '11 at 4:14am

Ricador

Ricador

3,335 posts

You should get Fireworks. Or Photoshop. Or even learns how to use the text box in paint.

The screen shots look sweet. When I first heard about AG3, I was thinking "Another site is going to fall to a BS renovation.", but this actually looks really nice.

Posted Mar 27, '11 at 2:18pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,094 posts

Activity Stream =/= Facebook
Inbox System =/= Facebook
Friend Request =/= Facebook
Favorite Games List =/= Facebook
Others still =/= Facebook

What do these have in common, Nater? These are features born from other ideals that were swept into forums and social networking sites. You are picking Facebook because Facebook is popular. These features do not represent Facebook; they are a collaboration of other sites and other areas that are very much wanted/needed here.

kthxbai.

Reply to AGv3 Release History

You must be logged in to post a reply!