Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:14pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

if I'm not mistaken

You are.
I believe the beta is going to be open in the next release for everyone on AG

We haven't announced anything like that. We did say that at SOME point, we'll have a completely open beta, but that's only once we finish developing the core features of the AG3 site. We call this stage "feature complete", at which point we'll open the doors to whoever wants to check it out. We're only about 70%-75% to that "feature complete" stage though.

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 1:31am

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

Since everyone seems so curious, I checked my own Email:

MrDayCee received his invite code from me, according to Gmail, "Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 4:06 PM" Pacific time.

Freakenstein got his one minute earlier, "Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 4:05 PM"

Their codes were generated by me by hand, and sent just over an hour before I fired up the mailing list software to send anyone else their code. The timestamp on the mailing list software says the official beta invite codes were sent out "2010-11-08 1718" Pacific. To the best of my knowledge, Kirby is one hour ahead of us, so seeing his official beta invite Email at 17:08 (adjusted for one time zone) looks accurate, but wasn't the first to get it.

Now that that's laid to rest, let's get on with the beta discussion, shall we? )

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 8:02am

Ghgt99

Ghgt99

1,941 posts

So, how many more beta releases will there be?

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 4:55pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

*this* many ...

We'll have them until we're finished. I know that's vague, but we don't have an answer yet. We've been saying all along that we'll make a huge announcement when public beta is open, and once the bugs are worked out and we go through a ton of performance tuning, etc., that we'll launch it.

But we have no launch date without a public beta date, and we have no public beta until we're "feature complete"

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 8:03pm

Kirby998

Kirby998

5,570 posts

We haven't announced anything like that. We did say that at SOME point, we'll have a completely open beta, but that's only once we finish developing the core features of the AG3 site. We call this stage "feature complete", at which point we'll open the doors to whoever wants to check it out. We're only about 70%-75% to that "feature complete" stage though.

Ah, I thought I read it somewhere. Believing one's own interpretations of memory is not a smart thing to do.

Their codes were generated by me by hand, and sent just over an hour before I fired up the mailing list software to send anyone else their code. The timestamp on the mailing list software says the official beta invite codes were sent out "2010-11-08 1718" Pacific. To the best of my knowledge, Kirby is one hour ahead of us, so seeing his official beta invite Email at 17:08 (adjusted for one time zone) looks accurate, but wasn't the first to get it.

LAME. I wanted to be special

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 10:16pm

exicoasterpath

exicoasterpath

273 posts

I wonder what the 11th release will contain. Hopefully something I will use a lot. If it isn't I don't think that I will like AG3 as AG2.

Posted Mar 31, '11 at 2:45am

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

Hopefully something I will use a lot. If it isn't I don't think that I will like AG3 as AG2.

Right. Because AG3 is entirely the same as AG2... Oops, forgot to use the 'sarcasm' font there...

If you've never been in the beta, this is a good time. Get in, get used to the features, learn all the new stuff. Once we open it up as a public beta when we are "feature complete", we're going to have a LOT of users asking questions about how things work.

Posted Apr 2, '11 at 1:22am

pauseman007

pauseman007

2 posts

Looks Sweet, status updates would be really cool

Posted Apr 2, '11 at 2:28am

cormyn

cormyn

2,963 posts

Knight

Yes, we have status updates.

Posted Apr 9, '11 at 8:46pm

exicoasterpath

exicoasterpath

273 posts

Hopefully I will get my code on April 12th, because I signed up. I won't know until April 12th, though.

Reply to AGv3 Release History

You must be logged in to post a reply!