ForumsArt, Music, and WritingCommunity Tile Project - Spring 2011 - Aliens

27 10338
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Welcome to the Third Community Tile Project, the Community Tile Project of Spring 2011!

So what is it exactly? Well, it's like the Community Tile Projects of Autumn 2010 and Winter 2010 with a new theme and tile.

You, the user, are given a "tile" to fill in relating to the current theme of the Project. The theme for this Project is Aliens. Accepted tiles will be added to the image at the bottom of this post. The Project will end when no more tiles can be placed or at the end of April, whichever comes first. Hopefully we can get as many entries as possible.

This season's tile is a new shape.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/Tiles/CTSprTile.png

There are several things to keep in mind when making your tiles:

-Entries must fit within the tiles. Smaller entries will need filler to be up to size requirements.
-Entries are limited to three per user maximum.
-Entries will be accepted as they are and may be submitted individually or simultaneously.
-Entries must relate to the theme. If it isn't immediately obvious, explanation may be necessary.
-Entries must be completely original.
-Entries must be submitted before April 1st.

Get your entries in before April 1st and we'll see how this turns out. Feel free to post any questions or comments you have about the Project in this thread.

Community Tile Project - Spring 2011 - Aliens
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/blackcairn/AG/Tiles/CTSpr11.png
NOTE: You may need to hard refresh or clear your cache to view the latest image.

• 27 Replies
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

It's partly my fault, because I had forgotten about this and started it too late. And of course, no one seems interested in this any more just like no one seems interested in showing their Mental Poop.

I have a short interim project planned to start near the end of this month, before one that lasts through summer.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

http://oi52.tinypic.com/2m44y9i.jpg

... not amazing, but thats the kind of artist i am!!

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

XVERB, it was over yesterday.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

NOOOOOOOOO. *facedesk*

oh well ill get over it, though you should add it anyway.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

I set deadlines partly because it's a bit of a hassle to actually update this thing so I won't.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

awww ): whatever, mine wasn't very good anyway

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Doesn't matter if you think it was good or not. I accept any and all tiles that fit the theme and fit the tile and other requirements listed in the first post, which include submitting before April 1st. Ah well. Just keep an eye out for the next one.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

kk, you doing one for summer i would assume?

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Yes. The Summer one will last over 2 months (~May 29th to August 6th) so there's no excuse for submitting after the deadline as no one vacations for that long. I might also do a short one for a couple weeks near the end of April to the start of May.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

thats good, any idea of a theme yet? even tho its a little early.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The two-week one isn't finalized, but it's roughly spring related, and I'm not sure if I want to do it because I originally planned to host the interim projects just as a springboard for other users to select the tile shape and theme for the next Seasonal Project. I already have a "theme" planned for Summer 2011, though not a tile shape, so I might still host the two-week one.

The Summer one will 'no theme', but informally the theme will be "I Was Here in Armor Games 2011". User will be able to make whatever tile suits their fancy. Everyone starts with a basic tile size. However, for those who have participated in previous Tile Projects, they get an extra tile per Project that they can combine to make a larger tile, so if you participated in Autumn, Winter, and Spring, you'll get a tile that's four times as many tiles, which means you could make a tile that has four times the area of a regular tile. (Don't worry, you'll still get counted for this one XVERB.) Supposing the tiles are squares again, users with four tiles (or even three) can make putting the Tiles together Tetris hell for me.

XVERB
XVERB
3,139 posts
Nomad

So the two-week project would be held to find a shape for the summer project?

As for the summer project the overall shape might end up looking pretty abstract if some people have different size tiles. That will be cool.

Showing 16-27 of 27