ForumsNews and Feedbackmy crazy stupid new idea for achievements

26 7693
duhcornmaster
duhcornmaster
64 posts
Nomad

ok besides being addicted to armor games i also play kongregate from time to time (no i'm not trying to promote kongregate) and they have a pretty nice achievement system where you can earn in game achievements for say beating the game, or doing certain things so then to get points and achivements you can't just go in and rate and comment on a game you actually play the game. it's alot of fun. and if armor games says that they don't want to do it i respect that =D

• 26 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

yeah, i like how kongregate does that, but i don't think AG would do it because it might look like copying. i don't know.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,211 posts
Peasant

No. Just no. I'm pretty sure AG staff said that AG isn't copying Kong.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

if you look in the beta profile page, there is a achievemens link also, this.
and it's not copying kong imo, since a lot of gaming sites have that.

runaway909
runaway909
28 posts
Nomad

Cool! points for playing the games???? I've logged about 50+ hours of playing time total on this site (in about 6 months), and that kind of point and achievement system would be appreciated! Also, I think there's a thread for this, but maybe they could add other things besides just games (kinda like Newgrounds ;-), not promoting that site over this one tho.) Oh, and maybe have sections of the site unlocked as you increase in rank. That would be cool. Achievements for games are actually on many game sites. Adding them in AG3 would be awesome!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They have talked about just getting points for games on AG3. They've also talked about reputation/karma and all that good stuff.

As far as achievements go, there will be achievements on AG3.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l504/1Matrix1/AG3%20Beta/AG3Achievements.png

There's an achievements tab under your Armatar.

duhcornmaster
duhcornmaster
64 posts
Nomad

that look cool i can't wait

Lucas29
Lucas29
3 posts
Nomad

I like +1 =D

roland9898
roland9898
2 posts
Nomad

i dont think it would copying kong because miniclip does it
too

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I wonder if they will add achievements to the old game too. I'm not an expert, but I'm not sure you can make a game interact with the site without adding anything in the actionscript code :S

seVain5
seVain5
219 posts
Nomad

I wonder if they will add achievements to the old game too. I'm not an expert, but I'm not sure you can make a game interact with the site without adding anything in the actionscript code :S

Well, it depends. The website would decide the achievements. Could the site be programed to read certain code within the games or something of that sort? I have no idea how flash-game-code works.
As far as achievements go, there will be achievements on AG3.

It looks so beautiful!!! I can't wait for AG3. I wish I could join the beta team.
duhcornmaster
duhcornmaster
64 posts
Nomad

k thx mrtim i signed up to beta test, cant wait untill it comes out it looks soooo cool. but i need to try to rank up before it comes out so that i get bonus pts. =D thanks everyone for the help and feedback

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

seVain5, sign up for the beta, we'll send you an invite code next Tuesday.

Our achievements system is going to be much richer than what other sites incorporate. We've been doing a lot of planning for it.

duhcornmaster
duhcornmaster
64 posts
Nomad

cool i cant wait till it comes out this should be fun!

Naphalem1
Naphalem1
23 posts
Shepherd

AG3 lookin pretty sexy!!!

samdawghomie
samdawghomie
3,551 posts
Peasant

Our achievements system is going to be much richer than what other sites incorporate. We've been doing a lot of planning for it.

This makes me exited.

There was a couple of days ago I was pondering what I would have my Achievements System like if I ran a Website like AG, and could code whatever I want. I will say I came up with some really awesome ideas, that was until I saw it had been like an hour and realised I needed some sleep.
Showing 1-15 of 26