ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130361
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
xXEpicnushXx
xXEpicnushXx
5 posts
Nomad

Wow... Moderator Cenere... You don't think it's a good idea? I mean, people could have schedules and friendly game tournaments and if they bring harsh stuff upon them, let 'em they did it to themselves. Just think... More and more people would plar AG if they knew they could participate in clans. If I wasn't a member already, I sure would if I found out. Thats just my opinion. Wood Serf- M134Dude out.

Lucky34760
Lucky34760
14 posts
Peasant

Personally, I don't really see the point in this whole thing. This isn't an MMORPG , what guilds/clans could do together is limited. I mean, what's the most we could do? "Compete" with other clans for high scores (but then only one player would really do that...)? Chat? Seriously, not one of the greatest ideas out there for AGv3...

Cenere
Cenere
13,658 posts
Jester

You don't think it's a good idea?

As with a great deal of the ideas of the next version of AG, I consider it a bit more than those baby steps that ought to be taken. You can't just go from this, simple, glitchy thing that has been mostly abandoned by the staff since it launched, and then leap into a full fledged super modern social networking inspired site.
Not only because many of the regular users might hit the wall, but also because as far as I know, it is going to be a minor hell to moderate, if the general interest for the moderation team is kept at its current level.

But for clans specifically, we have seen what clans do to people. Friendly competition only goes on until some user in one clan steps on someone else's toes.
More so, if it will resemble clans in any social game like MMOs, there will be people blacklisted and hunted down in a matter of days, because they pissed off the wrong person.
Because, after all, this is a site with a user group based on teenagers. Being fair and reasonable is not part of being a teen.
eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

Heres my opinion. I don't think it should be allowed.
Not until the public and private chat is fixed.
And there are very few group games.
"Clans" would pretty much be guilds except they couldn't do anything together. Lame.

MistySmoker
MistySmoker
11 posts
Nomad

I do feel the concept is a little overdone. But hey, it seems to be working for other websites.

joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

I like the clan idea, but I also think there should be a search bar to find friends easier, like on steam. All you do is type in the name of the person you're trying to find, hit search, and poof, you found your friend!

Sniperscout
Sniperscout
1 posts
Nomad

THats Smart I agree

joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

...except your undying allegiance to their ever-growing empire! Really, it's only a matter of time before the advertising of clans goes in full swing and every clan leader turns into a recruiting Nazi. And then everyone shares their likes and dislikes while buddy-buddy statuses rise! I think the highest of it all would be from the ASCii art clans like the Bun--...I hate this idea.

I find the part about nazi extrordinarily offensive as I am a Jew and this suggests that I might become a NAZI!!!!! I think this post should be removed as it is offensive and creates a messed up worst case senario!
Plus im suprised to see a moderator talking like this as they should be preventing these kinds of posts!!!
Naoto1994
Naoto1994
19 posts
Nomad

I don't see much good potential in clans or groups in AG. It is true, that many people would enjoy gaming in group or making friendly tournaments, but even if they did, it brings risks. A clan can be managed irresponsibly and conflicts inside might arise. If it is done, I hope that there will be countermeasures to abuses inside the clan.

joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

I don't see much good potential in clans or groups in AG. It is true, that many people would enjoy gaming in group or making friendly tournaments, but even if they did, it brings risks. A clan can be managed irresponsibly and conflicts inside might arise. If it is done, I hope that there will be countermeasures to abuses inside the clan.

I agree with everything exept for clans' potential. I think countermeasures are a must, but clans could do great things for Armor Games.
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I find the part about nazi extrordinarily offensive as I am a Jew and this suggests that I might become a NAZI!!!!! I think this post should be removed as it is offensive and creates a messed up worst case senario!
Plus im suprised to see a moderator talking like this as they should be preventing these kinds of posts!!!

Franky wasn't talking about actual WWII nazis. It's the same thing as saying someone is a grammer nazi. Not trying to be mean, but please don't be so sensitive.
joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

Franky wasn't talking about actual WWII nazis. It's the same thing as saying someone is a grammer nazi. Not trying to be mean, but please don't be so sensitive.

REALLY!!!!! Try not to be so sensitive!!!! Imagine you great-grandparets and grandparents had been hunted down and slaughtered by a mad-man because they believed in Torah instead of the Bible! and also Nazi is not a word to be throwing around on a public forum like that. it represents death and evil to many, many, many people. and not just Jews either. I have friends who would punch you in the face for saying something like that and they are catholic!
devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

I have friends who would punch you in the face for saying something like that and they are catholic!

And I know Jews who wouldn't give a **** about the word Nazi being used to describe something not related in any way to actual Nazis.
joe314159
joe314159
27 posts
Nomad

don't know y they wouldn't

SuperBabyMario
SuperBabyMario
7 posts
Nomad

Will there be a limit on how long the clan/groups name can be? can you space it? example "The Chocolate Burritos Of Space Mexico" its long and uses spaces

Showing 181-195 of 322