ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130349
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
erthkwake
erthkwake
37 posts
Nomad

I think the whole role thing is too complicated for what it's worth. It should just stay like a Facebook group or something.

Spaceace2012
Spaceace2012
1 posts
Nomad

I agree with this idea

shock457
shock457
708 posts
Shepherd

It's easier to make a clan forum, than going through the trouble of making and paying a website. I'm not that good with computer programming.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I don't see why you can't just make your own offsite forum and use that. That to me makes more sense, because you can choose your own clan moderators and admins.

A chat service would probably prove to be more useful, since most user-made clans here don't seem to get that many members. Something like Xat, where the creator of the room can make people mods and stuff, and they don't have to follow AG rules while talking there.

If you read the first few pages they seem to have it all figured out. How clan leaders and members will work out, but I don't think they specified a place where they can communicate, other than the obvious profiles.

I think a subforum for clans would work like the newcomers section; the general idea is for newcomers to introduce themselves, but anyone can post there. The clan section would be like that, users creating threads specifically for their clan members, but I don't think they'd isolate people from posting.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

It's easier to make a clan forum, than going through the trouble of making and paying a website. I'm not that good with computer programming.

It's incredibly easy to create forums and chat boxes these days. There are numerous forum and chat engines out there that allow you to create forums and chats free of cost and void of programming.

A chat service would probably prove to be more useful, since most user-made clans here don't seem to get that many members.

It would prove useful for a smaller group, but you'd have to rely on everyone to be online at the same time to have a real discussion. With a forum, a discussion could take place over a longer time span without worrying about whether or not people are going to miss it entirely by not being online at the right time.

Of course, it's not difficult to add a chatbox to a custom-made forum.
drose31
drose31
36 posts
Nomad

wanna join my clan first 5 are high ranks off the bat and i am not a spammer

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

With a forum, a discussion could take place over a longer time span without worrying about whether or not people are going to miss it entirely by not being online at the right time.

Then this sounds like the best idea. A subforum for clans, but they shouldn't exclude people from posting there if they're not in the clan.
wanna join my clan first 5 are high ranks off the bat and i am not a spammer

This isn't the place to recruit clan members.
jmsb
jmsb
33 posts
Shepherd

i believe it will be a good site

Skeleton_Pilot
Skeleton_Pilot
1,361 posts
Blacksmith

i believe it will be a good site

From the time it's taking them to finish it, it better be more than just good! If it doesn't end up being worth the wait, they might as well just not change a thing and leave this site the way it is...

And that will give the admins time to finally fix all these BUGS once and for all... =P
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I'm sorry if this has already been decided for the clan thing I'm not going to read all of the posts, but there should be a ally/enemy system, for example 2 crews want to be allies which each other its like the profiles click add allies or something its the exact same thing with enemies too.

FireWarlock13
FireWarlock13
4 posts
Nomad

hu

DemonOfVictory
DemonOfVictory
17 posts
Nomad

Lol with exit path we have clans for the advanced players, as i am in the demon clan as you can see. But, nothing is formal or anything. It would be cool to have a formal clan thingy too!

981Lions
981Lions
1 posts
Nomad

I really like this idea

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

I'm sorry if this has already been decided for the clan thing I'm not going to read all of the posts, but there should be a ally/enemy system, for example 2 crews want to be allies which each other its like the profiles click add allies or something its the exact same thing with enemies too.

agreed R-2.

Lol with exit path we have clans for the advanced players, as i am in the demon clan as you can see. But, nothing is formal or anything. It would be cool to have a formal clan thingy too!

thats interesting as i to own one of those.

I really like this idea

agreed completly, the current fake ones annoy me. (although i like them). well, some of them
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

I'm still confused on how these clans/armies "fight" or go at "war" with each other, or even compete.

Showing 271-285 of 322