sambam

332 posts

Also you can make as many rank levels as you want

Ps. bow in upgrade system was supposed to be box*

Posted Mar 16, '11 at 8:51pm

duhcornmaster

duhcornmaster

56 posts

it really does make sense to do something like this because well: you could have more experienced group members that have the knowhow about came creation and actionscript teaching the less experienced eager to learn group members (like me=D) then the group could benefit from having more ap from submitting games and the site could benefit from well having more games =D

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 1:33am

loloynage2

loloynage2

3,106 posts

I look forward to this :) I would totally join/create a group that reflects the way I think. I had experience with lots of different clan system and I think the part with the "report unfair kick"  is a good thing, would keep does abusives users away. Also there should be a way to "ban" a member from a clan for a certain amount of time without actually kicking him. Sometimes members make a mistake that needs to be punished, but kicking sound too cruel :) And one last thing, maybe a ranking system? Maybe somehow clans could get points and grow in ranking. So people can see which clan is best.

Oh and if the clans could rename the "advance member" "leader" and "member" to something that suites more their clan. Of course the functions would stay the same

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 4:22pm

crazyape

crazyape

501 posts

I think it should be kind of like warcraft, but instead of anyone in a guild can invite ANYONE, it should be the guilds are arranged by what people like. For example, an art guild could do stuff related to art, and the guild members could submit their art.(As long as it is clean) A flash gaming guild could host different flash gaming online tournaments for the best players, seperate ones for medium players, and another one for begginers. Kind of like in the middle ages, where there were guilds, instead of unions... There should be guilds for coders, game artists, etc. There should also be some kind of multi guild compatition, to spice things up, maybe monthly contests, or something to that effect. Thats my two bits worth on the subject.

Posted Mar 20, '11 at 12:40pm

duhcornmaster

duhcornmaster

56 posts

@crazyape
or what you could do is have group positions like artist and coder so that the artist could draw pics for the coder who would use the art in a game =D

Posted Mar 20, '11 at 1:57pm

KingKeitel

KingKeitel

7 posts

I get were your going at, but really.  Are these competitions imaginary?  Im still confused.

Posted Mar 20, '11 at 9:42pm

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

8,196 posts

Imaginary? I was going for "manually triggered" :P

You simply have to invite another clan to a contest, select a game to play, and the winning clan gets the announcement posted on their page! In between that, however, is the technical part. It's the function where the AGi recognizes the scores the members gained and then decides which clan wins from there. Every game is different, of course, so the conditions for winning have to be different. One may involve the standard "highest score wins", another may have the lowest time to beat a level, or one involving the fewest deaths in a game. How it is set up is up to the developers if they want something like this as a feature, but if so, it would be awesome to have it really in-depth.

Posted Mar 20, '11 at 11:18pm

loloynage2

loloynage2

3,106 posts

Awesome idea Freakenstein.

The clan leader(s) would be the only person to be able to invite an other clan to do a "clan battle". But I think there should be also art contests for clans to win. Of course all the contests that actually count for a real clan battle would have to be checked and approved by a mod/admin before.

There should be clan armor points (CAP) or clan points (CP) or a point system for the clans.

Every win would give like...10 points
Loses 2 points
Draw (if possible) 5 points

Then a ranking system. Like clan lvl 1,2,3,4,5,6... And the higher you get, the more clans you can recruit and there would be a little symbol beside your name or clan name to say what rank your clan is.

A win/lose ratio. Shows how many wins and loses a clan got.

Achievements. Clan related achievements.

How many art and flash game wins/loses

Posted Mar 20, '11 at 11:21pm

loloynage2

loloynage2

3,106 posts

the more clans you can recruit

The more "members" you can recruit.

But that brings me an idea. How about, when a clan gets really high rank, could recruit clan to work under it's wing? It would be like a little nation.

Posted Mar 21, '11 at 9:02am

Ruffyl

Ruffyl

71 posts

Dissenting opinion. I don't like clans at all. The regimentation, the relentless pressure to be active, the tribalism, aaargh. If I wanted to be in a clan then I would be playing MMORPGs not Flash games. If clans are going to be a feature of AG3 then please let them be optional.

Reply to Clan Suggestions

You must be logged in to post a reply!