ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130348
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
colderblood
colderblood
1 posts
Shepherd

Sounds like would be a good edition to armor, not to mention that they could bring live competition games to armor for this very reason.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

If we have clan levels then what if when they reach certain levels they open up special armanators for their guild members?

I'm not sure if they're going to have "levels". I think the idea is to allow people to create clans, and the leader will decide the position people have.
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

[/quote] If we have clan levels

IF, I was speculating IF we have that feature.

gelu112
gelu112
5 posts
Peasant

this would be a good idea for multiplayer games like the last castle and mmo's
the clan could basicly help each other and play together.

404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

I don't want to see the creators adding an option to pay $ to make their clan awesome. I hate when they do that in games, I think that you should become great by hard work, not by paying $30.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Groups/clans will be a site feature, which means you probably won't have to pay. That's like having people pay to use the forums, it'd just drive users away.

Blackbeltr0
Blackbeltr0
769 posts
Jester

i think there could be a small box with the clan symbol that is by ur name

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

What I think is a good idea is to have links to each clan page underneath your name on your profile.

And; if you open a clan page; it'd be like a profile almost, where, the 'Add Friend' button is; you could have 'Apply to this Clan' or 'Join this Clan'

A list of members, with their clan rank (would only apply to certain clans)
Rules
Why someone should join the clan.
And anything else that's customary for a clan to have, so it'd be something like this:

http://i46.tinypic.com/e0n6lc.jpg

Obviously; it would look way more professional and I'm not the best of page editors.

PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

OK, so maybe this has been suggested before, but there is about 320 posts on this!

Here is a system that i have seen (and adapted a bit) on the MMO game: Lord Of Ultima. (Note: LoU works on alliances, different name for clan basically.)

Here is the different abilities that different ranks will have. (Please suggest more abilities, not done.):

Invite. (You must be invited to join a clan.)
Kick. (Kick an inactive or rude member.)
Promote. (Promote members.)
Demote. (Demote members.)
Organize Event. (Organize gaming events.)
Change Armatar. (Can change the clan armatar.)
Change Slogan and Description. (Can change the clan slogan and description.)
Forum Moderator (Can create new clan forum and topics, also delete inappropriate posts.
Change Abilities. (Can change the abilities of lower ranks, although it is not recommended you change the abilities that is preassigned, it may be useful though.)
Disband Clan. (Kills the clan...)

Leader(s)

The creator of the clan automatically gets this status when creating a clan. Can also be changed by leader or second leader.

Has all abilities.

Second leader(s)

Promoted to this rank by leader and second leader.

Same abilities as leader accept for disbanding clan. (Abilities for leader and second leader can not be not be changed.)

Officer(s)

Promoted to this rank by leader and second leader.

Suggested (preset) Abilities:
Invite.
Kick.
Pro/Demote.
Change Slogan and Description.
Change Armatar.
Organize Event.

Member(s)

Automatically get this rank when joining a clan.

Suggested (preset) Abilities:
Chat on clan chat (this would be epic + a general chat) and post on clan forums (this would also be epic).

So have a chat and clan forum would be nice!

PD

PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

Ah yes and clans should be completely free, otherwise it is going to end up rotten! It should be about leadership and productive stuff, not money!

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

Considering almost all of the features on this site, I can't see them implementing a cost charge for a clan.

MachineOfEpic
MachineOfEpic
12 posts
Nomad

I'm in a clan right now.And if you wanna be in just ask,but you have to play Exit Path.To be in a clan I think you have to ask a moderator because StarWarFreak97 asked a mod.Bye

-MachineOfEpic

P.S. Apart of clan of Machines

tegan190
tegan190
783 posts
Nomad

Clans would be really cool and fun if you could use them to make teams for games like colony or cyclomaniacs.

PhsycoDragon
PhsycoDragon
40 posts
Nomad

Yes, that is the whole idea, i think!

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

if you could use them to make teams for games like colony or cyclomaniacs.

I'm not sure you could tie AG clans into a feature of the game, I think the creators of the game would have to implement a clan/guild feature.
Showing 301-315 of 322