Uzytkownik

3 posts

i don`t mind

Posted Aug 23, '12 at 11:54pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,408 posts

Knight

There should still be a Forum for clans.

Would those be exclusive forums, or could anyone just post in the clan forum without being part of a clan?

Either way, it seems like a waste of programming to me. I don't see why you can't just make your own offsite forum and use that. That to me makes more sense, because you can choose your own clan moderators and admins.

Posted Aug 24, '12 at 8:17pm

erthkwake

erthkwake

37 posts

I think the whole role thing is too complicated for what it's worth. It should just stay like a Facebook group or something.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 10:26am

Spaceace2012

Spaceace2012

1 post

I agree with this idea

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 1:53pm

shock457

shock457

709 posts

It's easier to make a clan forum, than going through the trouble of making and paying a website. I'm not that good with computer programming.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 6:12pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

I don't see why you can't just make your own offsite forum and use that. That to me makes more sense, because you can choose your own clan moderators and admins.

A chat service would probably prove to be more useful, since most user-made clans here don't seem to get that many members. Something like Xat, where the creator of the room can make people mods and stuff, and they don't have to follow AG rules while talking there.

If you read the first few pages they seem to have it all figured out. How clan leaders and members will work out, but I don't think they specified a place where they can communicate, other than the obvious profiles.

I think a subforum for clans would work like the newcomers section; the general idea is for newcomers to introduce themselves, but anyone can post there. The clan section would be like that, users creating threads specifically for their clan members, but I don't think they'd isolate people from posting.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 8:10pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,408 posts

Knight

It's easier to make a clan forum, than going through the trouble of making and paying a website. I'm not that good with computer programming.

It's incredibly easy to create forums and chat boxes these days. There are numerous forum and chat engines out there that allow you to create forums and chats free of cost and void of programming.

A chat service would probably prove to be more useful, since most user-made clans here don't seem to get that many members.

It would prove useful for a smaller group, but you'd have to rely on everyone to be online at the same time to have a real discussion. With a forum, a discussion could take place over a longer time span without worrying about whether or not people are going to miss it entirely by not being online at the right time.

Of course, it's not difficult to add a chatbox to a custom-made forum.

Posted Aug 25, '12 at 11:04pm

drose31

drose31

36 posts

wanna join my clan first 5 are high ranks off the bat and i am not a spammer

Posted Aug 27, '12 at 6:37pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

With a forum, a discussion could take place over a longer time span without worrying about whether or not people are going to miss it entirely by not being online at the right time.

Then this sounds like the best idea. A subforum for clans, but they shouldn't exclude people from posting there if they're not in the clan.
wanna join my clan first 5 are high ranks off the bat and i am not a spammer

This isn't the place to recruit clan members.

Posted Sep 9, '12 at 1:08pm

jmsb

jmsb

33 posts

i believe it will be a good site

Reply to Clan Suggestions

You must be logged in to post a reply!