Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Clan Suggestions

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 12:37pm

PhsycoDragon

PhsycoDragon

42 posts

OK, so maybe this has been suggested before, but there is about 320 posts on this!

Here is a system that i have seen (and adapted a bit) on the MMO game: Lord Of Ultima. (Note: LoU works on alliances, different name for clan basically.)

Here is the different abilities that different ranks will have. (Please suggest more abilities, not done.):

Invite. (You must be invited to join a clan.)
Kick. (Kick an inactive or rude member.)
Promote. (Promote members.)
Demote. (Demote members.)
Organize Event. (Organize gaming events.)
Change Armatar. (Can change the clan armatar.)
Change Slogan and Description. (Can change the clan slogan and description.)
Forum Moderator (Can create new clan forum and topics, also delete inappropriate posts.
Change Abilities. (Can change the abilities of lower ranks, although it is not recommended you change the abilities that is preassigned, it may be useful though.)
Disband Clan. (Kills the clan...)

Leader(s)

The creator of the clan automatically gets this status when creating a clan. Can also be changed by leader or second leader.

Has all abilities.

Second leader(s)

Promoted to this rank by leader and second leader.

Same abilities as leader accept for disbanding clan. (Abilities for leader and second leader can not be not be changed.)

Officer(s)

Promoted to this rank by leader and second leader.

Suggested (preset) Abilities:
Invite.
Kick.
Pro/Demote.
Change Slogan and Description.
Change Armatar.
Organize Event.

Member(s)

Automatically get this rank when joining a clan.

Suggested (preset) Abilities:
Chat on clan chat (this would be epic + a general chat) and post on clan forums (this would also be epic).

So have a chat and clan forum would be nice!

PD

Posted Nov 9, '12 at 12:42pm

PhsycoDragon

PhsycoDragon

42 posts

Ah yes and clans should be completely free, otherwise it is going to end up rotten! It should be about leadership and productive stuff, not money!

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 12:52pm

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

Considering almost all of the features on this site, I can't see them implementing a cost charge for a clan.

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 8:40pm

MachineOfEpic

MachineOfEpic

11 posts

I'm in a clan right now.And if you wanna be in just ask,but you have to play Exit Path.To be in a clan I think you have to ask a moderator because StarWarFreak97 asked a mod.Bye

-MachineOfEpic

P.S. Apart of clan of Machines

Posted Nov 10, '12 at 9:26pm

tegan190

tegan190

614 posts

Clans would be really cool and fun if you could use them to make teams for games like colony or cyclomaniacs.

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 4:44am

PhsycoDragon

PhsycoDragon

42 posts

Yes, that is the whole idea, i think!

Posted Nov 11, '12 at 6:13am

GhostOfHorror

GhostOfHorror

801 posts

if you could use them to make teams for games like colony or cyclomaniacs.

I'm not sure you could tie AG clans into a feature of the game, I think the creators of the game would have to implement a clan/guild feature.

Posted Apr 25, '14 at 10:06pm

KydonShadow

KydonShadow

7 posts

Sorry for the necro, its just I dont wish to clutter up the forums with information that is already here.

If it counts for anything, I believe this would be a great idea. I have been on many other forum sites with groups, that work much like the ones suggested here.

The groups/clans could collaborate on making new games, working on other goals, try to collect the rarer badges, and just discuss what they want to.

Customizable ranks names in group: Group leaders get to assign the name of a rank, the rank itself, and the power & responsibility of said rank to the person receiving it. This idea is really only for convenience in my book. You can still have it just as described above, with a clan leader, clan elder/advanced member, or stuff like that, and leaders can just make an in-group thread naming the ranks of each member.

Personally, I think this could have many beneficial uses, and I see no bad consequences to adding this. The only thing truly needed is a coding on the forum. But if I am wrong, and there is harm that could come with this, take that into more consideration than my statement above.

Posted Apr 29, '14 at 6:34pm

Ferret

Ferret

6,040 posts

Administrator

Many of us here do love the idea of clans. It may be revisited when we look at redesigning the user page, but nothing will be happening with it in the short term. :)

Reply to Clan Suggestions

You must be logged in to post a reply!