Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Clan Suggestions

Posted Apr 6, '11 at 9:01pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

As far as Larry is concerned, "version 1" of groups/clans will essentially have two roles: leader, and user. We'll likely expand it later based on feedback, but that's what we're going to start with.

In his words (paraphrased)

basically a user will make a group, name it, and other users can join. The leader can give someone else 'leadership' of the group if they choose, but it means they won't be a leader any more.

We'll have to make sure, or course, that the user you're giving leadership control to has the necessary requirements to be a leader (it'll be the same as what's needed to create a group in the first place).

Posted Apr 7, '11 at 6:50pm

Runescape124

Runescape124

91 posts

We'll have to make sure, or course, that the user you're giving leadership control to has the necessary requirements to be a leader (it'll be the same as what's needed to create a group in the first place).

Does that mean the leader has to be of certain AG rank?

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 7:41pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Does that mean the leader has to be of certain AG rank?

As we discussed earlier in the thread, we don't know yet exactly what the requirements will be. It might be a combination of how long you've been a user, Reputation, and AP. Or maybe if you play 100 games it unlocks an achievement that allows you to make a group.

We don't know because we haven't gotten into specifics on how we're going to build the group/clan system yet. We're still working out ideas and asking for users' input.

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 8:45pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Or maybe if you play 100 games it unlocks an achievement that allows you to make a group.

Would something like 100-200 forum posts be better? Or possibly a merit? That might be rough, though.

Posted Apr 9, '11 at 10:12am

Shiningblood

Shiningblood

12 posts

clans would be really cool and fun!

Posted Apr 14, '11 at 12:39pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Would something like 100-200 forum posts be better? Or possibly a merit? That might be rough, though.

Again, we're still looking into what it will take to 'unlock'. Since having a group/clan could encompass a lot of areas of the site (games, forums, etc) we could make it a combination of several things. We simply haven't discussed it much, so we're looking for ideas on what would be a good balance.

Posted Apr 24, '11 at 7:16am

iTrojans

iTrojans

230 posts

I think if you have a group/clan there needs to be a whole forum page dedicated to them. Then the only people allowed to see their clans thread is the people who is in it, or set a password lock.

Posted Apr 25, '11 at 10:27am

thaboss

thaboss

884 posts

I think if you have a group/clan there needs to be a whole forum page dedicated to them. Then the only people allowed to see their clans thread is the people who is in it, or set a password lock.

i don't know if that would work, but it seems like a good idea...

Posted Apr 27, '11 at 2:41am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

We'd probably mimic the user profile idea, where each group/clan would have a "profile" page of sorts, and have settings for who could read/write messages based on whether you were in the group or not and of a certain rank.

Posted May 2, '11 at 3:42pm

SoymasterYos

SoymasterYos

969 posts

I have an idea which comes from Runescape.

In order for a clan to be form you need to get yourself and 4 of people to register the clan.  I think would be a good idea so people don't just make clans for only them selves.

So I like the ideas you have about the posting/reputation reqirement, but I think we can incorperate some of the runescape clan making rules here.

Reply to Clan Suggestions

You must be logged in to post a reply!