Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Clan Suggestions

Posted May 14, '11 at 2:19pm

JohnGarell

JohnGarell

1,831 posts

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan.

What's the difference between "kick out" and "ban"?

Posted May 14, '11 at 3:09pm

2xGodOfAllx2

2xGodOfAllx2

1 post

I don't exactly see the point of having clans, but I guess it would be kind of cool to have groups like that.

Posted May 14, '11 at 4:15pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,575 posts

What's the difference between "kick out" and "ban"?

Here's what I think about that:

Ban: Removes a user from a clan and doesn't allow the user to return. This would basically be a perma-ban.

Kick: Removes a user from a clan and keeps the user out for a certain amount of time. This would basically be a temp-ban.

Posted May 17, '11 at 7:34pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

Kick/Ban controls would only work if we had limitations on who could join the groups, so we might have to start groups as a 'request to join' scenario.

Posted May 20, '11 at 7:11am

goldair1

goldair1

253 posts

why not Clan/Group or what its named. i do not know anymore. but wyh not have a clan members only zone and no 1 can join the zone but the Members and Mods and Admins

Leader / Co-Leader:
- invite users
- kick users
- post status updates
- post status update comments
- delete status updates
- delete status update comments from group members
- schedule events
- etc

Advanced Member:
- invite users
- kick users
- post status updates
- etc

Member:

Whats a Advanced Member? i think you only need 1 main leader 2 co leaders and ?? member's

But what is the leader kills the clan/group? what will happen? and how will you know?

Posted May 20, '11 at 7:13am

goldair1

goldair1

253 posts

But what is the leader kills the clan/group?

What if the main leader kills it? Will a co-leader be the new main leader? or what?

Posted May 23, '11 at 2:54am

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

Off hand, I think the simplest answer is that the group just disappears if the leader disbands it. We'd probably send out a system message to all affected users letting them know the group was disbanded with any final words from the group leader.

I think I've already mentioned that Larry had the idea of being able to relinquish control of a group to a member of the group and resign as leader. I added the extra note that the person gaining the new role would have to meet the same requirements to take over the group that would be needed to create a group on their own.

Posted May 23, '11 at 3:02pm

TheGr8est

TheGr8est

724 posts

nice idea and I hope it will be effective in AG3.
One thing though, i think that there should be a limitation to the amount of people to create groups, whether thats based on amount of days that person was on AG or what his rank is.
And maybe also a limitation on the amount of groups a person can create.

Or maybe both of them together, like you start off being able to create 3 groups and as you rank up/the older you get in AG
the more groups you can create.

Posted May 24, '11 at 3:17am

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

I'm not sure we'll need to get to a point where we unlock multiple group setup permissions or what. We also haven't defined the core requirements it'll take to even create a group to begin with, much less several groups.

Posted May 24, '11 at 5:34am

goldair1

goldair1

253 posts

A 1 Group ally with a another Group?

Reply to Clan Suggestions

You must be logged in to post a reply!