ForumsNews and FeedbackClan Suggestions

322 130355
AngelRaziel96
AngelRaziel96
30 posts
Nomad

So I know that this may be over used but maybe we could have a clan system in the AGv3 system? Basically this idea is that you could make you own clan and have your own name in which you could have separate events withing the clan.
Even newer ranks for people in a clan such as:

Clan Leader
Clan Advisor
Clan Member
Clan Organizer
Clan Associate
So on and so forth.

Clan Leader:
Basically runs the clan and can "kick" people out of a clan or "ban" them from a clan. So no they're not Mods or Admins but they just keep the clan under control.

Clan Advisor:
Basically helps with enforcing the rules of the clan and the site to newbies. Also can Advise a member of the clan to go to someone else if needed.

Clan Member:
Just a normal member nothing really special about them. They can be "kicked" or "banned" from a clan. Will really make up the majority of the clan.

Clan Organizer:
This is where some of the fun would come in. They could suggest fun ideas for the clan to do. Such as playing a muliplayer game with just your clan members. They would normally set up the event and do alot of the organizing for the game. Such as a tournament for the clan.

Clan Associate:
Just about anyone who is Associated with the clan but not really in the clan. Even if they're in another clan. When your an Associate I would just suggest that you put which clans they're associated with on their profile.

Now I was think that close to the persons name when they're on the forums you could put which clan they're in. Also somewhere on their profile.

Now I was think that for a clan they could have a bit of their own forum. Not as intricate as our just on community and maybe a few different categories but not as many as the main one. So that they can make their own activites without cluttering up the forums.

Also I was think maybe clan compettions at random times, but this would not be necessary.

• 322 Replies
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

Also, if a link or a forum exists on what clans do exist on AG can someone provide that for me? I am interested in seeing what clans are out there. And if there is not such a thing, would anyone be interested in making a topic for such a subject?

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Also, if a link or a forum exists on what clans do exist on AG can someone provide that for me? I am interested in seeing what clans are out there. And if there is not such a thing, would anyone be interested in making a topic for such a subject?

There is no clan mechanic yet, so there is no way to list all the clans.
_Spaz_
_Spaz_
143 posts
Nomad

Alright thank you, Another comment...I do not think ranks should be pre-setup when you start a clan. My belief is that every clan will be different from all the others. Each clan should define it's self in a way that it can create it's own ranks and such.

nonfatcow
nonfatcow
13 posts
Peasant

there should be Clan points, with like a clan leaderboard. The Clan points is the sum of all the members' points...

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

there should be Clan points, with like a clan leaderboard.

The site will already have point systems for game achievements and forums. There's no reason why the site would need to create a third point system for clan use exclusively, especially since most clans will end up having different point systems anyway.

Point systems can easily be determined and updated by the users running the clan. Involving the site's coding would only complicate things to an unnecessary level.
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

The best way to use this option is to simply build your clan's point system upon the existing AG points system and go from there. Why put this task on the admins' pile of work as it is something you can do yourself easily?

swatmikey
swatmikey
4 posts
Peasant

I like the idea it is the perfect way to bring armor games together,but it will also cause problems like anger of groups,haters,or just plain mean people that cause spam and arguments so i will most likely give it a 50/50

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

but it will also cause problems like anger of groups,haters,or just plain mean people that cause spam and arguments

Well, first of all... there would be rules as to what one can and cannot do with a clan.

And the AG rules and guidelines already have the part of hateful behaviour against a particular AG user and spamming on the website already covered in general. =)
nonfatcow
nonfatcow
13 posts
Peasant

in addition to clans, the friend system needs to be made more simple and easy to use. I find it hard to add my friends even if i know their armorgames name.

freerunnerz
freerunnerz
12 posts
Peasant

I like the idea, but I think that most people wouldn't participate in them because of console gaming. A lot of people who play on armor games, in my opinion, use it as a back up site when they aren't play on Xbox,, ps3, etc.

fried4life
fried4life
7 posts
Nomad

Sounds awesome but how will you join the clan is the real question

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Sounds awesome but how will you join the clan is the real question

Here are some possible ways to join a clan, and the leader should have the option to allow any of these (must allow at least 1):

Invite: The leader and possibly some other members of a certain rank (such as Advanced Member) can invite non-members to join the clan.

Request: Any user can request an addition to the clan. The leader and possibly some other members of a certain rank (such as Advanced Member) can accept or deny requests.

Initiation: If the clan is for a game, this option can be combined with Invite and/or Request to require new members to complete one or more achievements.

Initiation cannot be taken alone, but any other combination would work.
Natarian
Natarian
12 posts
Jester

I like a lot of kind of game like action, advanture,...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I like a lot of kind of game like action, advanture,...

That's um...nice..? Want to elaborate on what this has to do with the topic? haha
404011xz
404011xz
212 posts
Farmer

I am just here to add some ideas

If we have clan levels then what if when they reach certain levels they open up special armanators for their guild members? If you leave the guild though then the armanators will be sealed off from you till you are in a clan that has earned them. It doesn't have to be just levels. What if you are present for some Guild challenge that armor games has created and you contributed to them winning? Maybe you should get a permenent armanator for your efforts. Another Idea that has dawned on me is this, If we have clans, then should we have annual clan games? If you are within a clan then every year there would be games open specifically to you. Each time you win the game then you rack up points and your clan moves up in a leaderboard of some kind. These are just some ideas. I'll probably be back with more.

Showing 286-300 of 322