Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 6, '11 at 7:52pm

grimml

grimml

902 posts

First: AC/DC
Second: Motörhead

I vote for AC/DC because they're one of my favourite bands. They're now making music for a very long time and still sound great.
Motörhead gets my vote because of Ace of Spades. I love this song.

Posted Apr 7, '11 at 2:55pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,342 posts

Activity has almost come to a stand-still for this group as it seems... O.O
I wonder whether the new 'Crush The Castle 2 Players Pack' has got something to do with that... LOL =P

Anyway... the score update shows a lot of promise for this group! AC/DC has surpassed Guns n' Roses for 3rd place and is even starting to make a run for the top 2 bands! =)

Still sad to see Meat Loaf and Rose Tattoo without a single vote/point in this group... =/
I guess they are not viable and might not be included for next year's edition, but we'll see...

Time for another update as promised!

# Votes counted Group B: #

Ozzy Osbourne : 17 (3+1+3+1+3+3+3)
Aerosmith____ : 17 (3+3+3+1+3+3+1)
AC/DC________ : 11 (1+1+1+1+1+3+3)
Guns n' Roses : 10 (1+1+3+1+1+3)
Motorhead____ : 5 (3+1+1)
Meat Loaf____ : 0
Rose Tattoo__ : 0

Now, let's give this group the credit they deserve and start bringing in them votes people!!!
It's a shame that it softens after such a great start with the first group... let's keep up the pace and cast your votes!! =D

Posted Apr 7, '11 at 9:24pm

cowmaster1

cowmaster1

701 posts

This was a hard one but i think i am going for Guns n' Roses. I really like aerosmith too but i think i have to choose GnR over them

Posted Apr 7, '11 at 11:05pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

6,794 posts

cow master you have two votes in this world cup, your first vote is worth 3 points and your second is worth 1 point. so you can vote for both if you like. and please post a reason as to why you vote for them so that we can actually count them :P

Posted Apr 7, '11 at 11:21pm

cowmaster1

cowmaster1

701 posts

Im, i forgot to read the rules. Im a noob today lolz.

Well, 3 goes to GnR because i like how they are alot heavier than aerosmith. Ive also never taken a likely to other bands on this list which is why i didn't choose them. Classics like Sweet Child o Mine and November Rain also help my choice. Power Ballad W00T! I love their guitar sound and the way Slash played in the first album. Too bad egos collided in this band too. Im not a huge fan of the newest album but i like Better so its all good.

My 1 goes to Aerosmith. I highly respect this band. They did have a jazz sound at time which i like because it is different. Dream On is an all time great. They had great success, but some of their later stuff i didn't like as much. Nonetheless, they are a great band.

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 9:56pm

tehpwner

tehpwner

275 posts

Daycee, I think it has more to do with spring break, just saying

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 6:07pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,342 posts

Guess you can't call me a 'Spring Break Enthusiast' then tehpwner... =P

Only a single user stating his votes for this group over the course of 4 days is PREEEEEETTY thin guys! O.o
Come on people?! Where are all those votes?!?! Keep them coming in or we won't even make it to the vote limit before closure of this group!!! And that would be a sad thing... =/

Oh well... let's hope for the best and make the next score roundup! =D

# Votes counted Group B: #

Aerosmith____ : 18 (3+3+3+1+3+3+1+1)
Ozzy Osbourne : 17 (3+1+3+1+3+3+3)
Guns n' Roses : 13 (1+1+3+1+1+3+3)
AC/DC________ : 11 (1+1+1+1+1+3+3)
Motorhead____ : 5 (3+1+1)
Meat Loaf____ : 0
Rose Tattoo__ : 0

I'll be waiting for that next batch of votes coming in real soon!

*puts his feet up and sits back*

I'm patient... =)

Posted Apr 10, '11 at 10:32pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,421 posts

That group is even harder to decide!

1st vote: AC/DC
Out of all the old bands that I know, these are the only guys who still do good work, respecting their origins while making it sound good, just like Black Ice album, which awesomeness is compared to Back In Black. Guns N' Roses, for example,have turned into a cover of themselves... Chinese Democracy is like... blergh!

2nd vote: Ozzy Osbourne
This guy is incredible, after years of alcohol and drugs he is still alive! And doing great shows! Ozzy Osboune's band sounds just like how would it be the modern Black Sabbath, every instrument part looks more modern. I still prefer the good and old Black Sabbath though haha!

Posted Apr 11, '11 at 9:01pm

iamnotironman

iamnotironman

1,308 posts

Wow, AC/DC and Guns 'N' Roses are really catching up to Aerosmith and Ozzy. AC/DC is 3 points away from second.

Posted Apr 12, '11 at 6:40am

Stinger_Maniac

Stinger_Maniac

335 posts

This seems like to be difficult for me, just because I love all of them with the exception of one.

1st vote: Aerosmith because they're definitely one of my favorite rock bands.
There are several of their songs that are just flawless, three of my favorites would have to be Cryin', Dream On and Dude Looks Like a Lady.
They're a brilliant band.

It took me a while to decide on which one to vote for, but after a while of thinking, I settled with..

Vote 2: Guns 'N' Roses, some of their albums I didn't like but then some of there songs I fell in love with such as great classics like, Sweet Child Of Mine & Paradise City.

I'll keep in tune to this topic to see what the vote statistics look like.