Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 20, '11 at 3:06pm

nemo12

nemo12

532 posts

U2 All the way. Whats not to like about this awesome band.
My all time favourite song comes from this here band.

Posted Apr 20, '11 at 5:08pm

iamnotironman

iamnotironman

888 posts

You have two votes nemo.Read the OP.

Posted Apr 21, '11 at 6:05pm

chitown

chitown

1,521 posts

My first vote is Whitesnake because they have a lot of great songs like Is This Love Fool Fof Your Loving and of course Here I Go Again.Second I have U2 will be shocked if they dont move on they have With or Without You and Sunday Bloody Sunday and much more.

Posted Apr 21, '11 at 8:38pm

tehpwner

tehpwner

175 posts

Ok, these aren't some of my favorite bands, so...

1: Def Leppard
Like I said, these aren't the bands i'm most familiar with. I vote for them because they have the best songs from what I know of these groups, and the have a FRICKING ONE ARMED DRUMMER (who could probably do more than I can on drums with ONE LESS ARM). Amazing.

2. Between Bad Company and Whitesnake, I have to go with Bad Company. They aren't exactly my favorite band on record (save "Shining Star"), but they write GREAT songs that have proven to cover quite nicely (5FDP "Bad Company" FTW!).

3. U2 IS OVERRATED!!!!! not terrible, but FRICKING OVERRATED!!!!!

Posted Apr 21, '11 at 11:42pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

but FRICKING OVERRATED!!!!!

im going to have to disagree with you MAJORILY on this one. please give me your reasoning. you dont seem to understand the level that they were on. have you SEEEN  a U2 show? U2 has not only influenced rock and music, but the WORLD.

Posted Apr 22, '11 at 4:28am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,024 posts

Knight

I always hear the name U2, but seriously their songs aren't the best I've heard. There are many better bands then them, and I don't see why they get to tour the world in expensive tours and not others. And no, they surely haven't influenced me ;)

I'm not saying they're bad, please don't get me wrong. They surely must be very good to be so successful. But you all sound like they are music gods, and sorry to say, but they are not.

Posted Apr 22, '11 at 10:55am

iamnotironman

iamnotironman

888 posts

Could someone please update the score?I think U2 has 28 points.

Posted Apr 22, '11 at 6:06pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,239 posts

@ nemo12 : imamnotironman is right, you have another vote to give, worth 1 point, so if you could state it, I can count it for the score roundup! =)

@ chitown : I'll count your votes, but your reasoning is borderline accepted... it's really thin to only pick bands because they make great songs... even though it's understandable, it's very thinly reasoned. Please elaborate the second time around when voting for another group, ok? Thanx! ;)

@ imamnotironman : I update the scores every now and then, but not every day or after every vote stated... I've been in trouble with the mods over this before, but -on the bright side of it- it did get the thread stickied back then! Thanx to Asherlee! =)

Allright, here we go!

# Votes counted in Group C :#

U2__________: 28 (3+3+1+3+3+1+3+3+1+3+3+1)
Def Leppard_: 10 (1+1+3+1+1+3)
Bad Company_:  7 (3+3+1)
Whitesnake__:  9 (1+1+1+3+3)
Rainbow_____:  4 (3+1)
The Cult____:  1 (1)
Status Quo__:  0 (-)

Still a fight going on over who gets second place in this group... it's a coin toss every other vote stated, so it's not decided yet! =D

Posted Apr 22, '11 at 6:21pm

iamnotironman

iamnotironman

888 posts

What happens for tiebreakers in second place?I think the next vote will decide it.

Posted Apr 22, '11 at 6:22pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

I always hear the name U2, but seriously their songs aren't the best I've heard. There are many better bands then them, and I don't see why they get to tour the world in expensive tours and not others. And no, they surely haven't influenced me ;)

well thats your personal opinion of them, but to call them overrated is much. cause there is a difference. the stuff that they did in the 80's solidified them in history, like playing the roof of that store in Vegas. which is epic if you watch it. the preach for world peace and truly have used EVERY BIT of there power to try and make it happen.