Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 22, '11 at 6:23pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

I've been in trouble with the mods over this before,

thats what ive been trying to avoid. mods that do that are annoying.

Posted Apr 22, '11 at 11:44pm

Agent_AAS

Agent_AAS

1,186 posts

1-Rainbow: Dio, the best metal singer of all-time (in my opinion), surely deserves the 3 points. I don't know many things about the band other than the Dio era, but when he was with the vocals for the band he made great classics such as "Long Live Rock N Roll" and "Kill The King".

2-Def Leppard: I'm not familiar with The Cult and Status Quo and I don't like U2 that much, so it was between Def Leppard and Whitesnake, but I picked Def Leppard instead because... I just like their song best, it was a very though decision ^^

Posted Apr 24, '11 at 6:16pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,807 posts

@ iamnotironman : like it's stated in the OP, tiebreakers for second place (or 'runner up') will be dealt with according to the same rules that bind for tiebreakers for first place in a group! ;)

And the next vote didn't decide it yet! Activity is pretty slow at the moment, but that's probably because of the spring season break like discussed before... =/

But I'll present a next score round up nevertheless! =)

# Votes counted in Group C :#

U2__________: 28 (3+3+1+3+3+1+3+3+1+3+3+1)
Def Leppard_: 11 (1+1+3+1+1+3+1)
Whitesnake__:  9 (1+1+1+3+3)
Bad Company_:  7 (3+3+1)
Rainbow_____:  7 (3+1+3)
The Cult____:  1 (1)
Status Quo__:  0 (-)

Good to see that there are still votes coming in for other bands too! And even though the first position in this group is pretty much secured by U2, the battle for second place is still going strong!
Let's just hope it will keep up this way and not come to a (sad) early closing of this group... =D

Posted Apr 25, '11 at 7:54pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

come guys, i dont like having to tell you guys to get your votes in. im interested to see the next battle already.

Posted Apr 26, '11 at 5:26pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

come guys, i dont like having to tell you guys to get your votes in. im interested to see the next battle already.

Same! cmon guys were so close! just a few more votes for U2...

Posted Apr 27, '11 at 10:19am

greethan

greethan

107 posts

U2 has such a huge lead over it comp that this should have been over a week ago.

Posted Apr 27, '11 at 12:42pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,953 posts

Knight

U2 has such a huge lead over it comp that this should have been over a week ago.

It depends also on the second place I think, which is not clear at all.

Posted Apr 27, '11 at 8:09pm

stormwolf722

stormwolf722

207 posts

Evanescence. very good band. One of the best there is in my opinion. =D

Posted Apr 27, '11 at 8:22pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

stormwolf, evanescence isnt even nominated, nor will it be because its not classic rock, please stop your spamming

Posted Apr 27, '11 at 8:27pm

logantheking

logantheking

251 posts

I would have to vote for Def Leppard as my first choice. I love many of their songs (Rock of Ages, Pour Some Sugar on me and Animal).
I think they are one of the greatest bands ever.