Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 10:02am

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

I vote Queen

we will rock u is so awsome

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 11:32am

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

oh god. lol way to put all the super groups in one bracket XD

i vote queen as my first pick and the beatles as my second.

i think enough people will vote the beatles in to where i can help out another band. but theres no way i can vote against freddy.... such an amazing vocalist

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 12:25pm

Efan

Efan

2,692 posts

The Beatles are my first pick and Queen is my second. *pokes tongue out at Dellosantos*!
The beatles helped make music what it is today. AND they used instruments that almost no one ever heard of before in some of their songs.

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 12:31pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,041 posts

Knight

Wow, 2011 edition looking good^^ I think the new thing with the first and second choice is great, allows better 'nuances'^^

Of course my first choice will go to The Beatles; they still stay one my top favourite groups, as seems natural for my very first fave music band. Their music is often rather simple without loosing any of their charm, and it just makes me happy to listen to them.

Second choice goes to Queen, great band with an awesome voice: the Epic Freddy! One of the best singer there has been, and their music offers a variety of different, but altogether nice songs and melodies.

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 1:14pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

Jimi Hendrix, great guitarist and made many awesome songs.
The others are good as well, but I prefer Jimi Hendrix to them.
I do like the Beatles, but I just like Jimi Hendrix's music more. Beatles did pave the way for some music, but it's just not my taste.

First choice is Jimi Hendrix.
Second Choice is Queen.
Third choice is Beatles.

:3

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 3:35pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

you had to make this vote tough for us, didn't you? :D

Well, my first vote goes to the Beatles. I love their music, especially that that came after their touring days. Not only that, but the Beatles influenced so many different bands.
     My  second vote is tougher, but I'm going to go with The Doors. One of the biggest things that I like about the Doors is jim Morrison's voice, which is absolutely incredible. I also like the organ playing by Ray Manzarek. Overall, the Doors were good. It is a shame Morrison died.

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 7:07pm

NontroppO

NontroppO

365 posts

First: The Doors
Second: Queen

Its not only about Morrison performance and particular behaviour or Manzarek skills; they were poetry for the other side. And Jim was the third of the 27 club (Hendrix and Joplin); psychedelic and dark romanticism.

I always was surprised for Freddy's voice and May guitar compositions, you feel some special with Queen; creating new Operas.

Posted Mar 17, '11 at 11:09pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

i think the thing about queen was is why  they were playing there music

like you know while deep into the doors and the beatles' careers that they kinda lost track of why they were making the music. you always KNEW that queen generally LOVED what they did and they made there music because thats what they loved doing. you could always feel and see the emotion that went into there performances. jim morrison just peed on people

Posted Mar 18, '11 at 1:00am

PracticalManiac

PracticalManiac

301 posts

Vote #1 Jimi Hendrix
Vote #2 Beatles

I vote for Jimi Hendrix because he is such a great guitarist, I have so many great memories of his music while under the influence of a certain... something and he just really speaks to me. His psychadellic rock was just amazing

My second vote for the beatles is easy, they are a classic and songs like rocky raccoon are amazing. I love that they were all about peace and love. They are such a down to earth group of people.

R.I.P. Jimi + John

Posted Mar 18, '11 at 9:19am

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

were alloud to vote twice? ok first vote already went to queen #1
second goes to rolling stones because they have great songs like
paint it black and they helped to create hard rock