Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 29, '11 at 5:16pm

iamnotironman

iamnotironman

888 posts

OK this is finally over!U2 and def leppard move on.

i wasnt joking

i know its just if it was he couldn't take it.

Posted Apr 29, '11 at 7:04pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

rock/metal

well idk about ROCK singer. metal singer MAYBE. but theres no way hes even close to bono or freddy

Posted Apr 30, '11 at 5:31am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,082 posts

Knight

You can't compare Freddy to Dio, they're too different. And I don't know who's Bono. Can we agree that they are all great?

Posted Apr 30, '11 at 6:42am

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

I vote for Queen because the only ones that I know in group A are Queen, Rolling Stones, and the Beatles. I have never heard the Rolling Stones but I have heard of them. I think that "We will Rock You" is okay, and I hate the Beatles.

how can you not hear of Rolling Stones. FAIL

Posted Apr 30, '11 at 4:12pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

And I don't know who's Bono.

Bono is the lead singer of U2. He is also pretty well-known for his charity work.

Posted Apr 30, '11 at 4:21pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

You can't compare Freddy to Dio, they're too different. And I don't know who's Bono. Can we agree that they are all great?

how the **** do you not know who bono is??!!!! have you lived a cave all your life?

Posted Apr 30, '11 at 5:16pm

dudeguy45

dudeguy45

2,594 posts

U2: a wide variety of song sounds, Bono has a great voice. Plus, they were on the Simpsons.

Bad company: I think "Shooting Star" was the first classic rock song that I remember liking. Distinctive voice.

Posted May 1, '11 at 5:31pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,756 posts

I'm posting this at the evening I'm supposed to have this computer packed for my home moving tomorrow, so it'll be quick and -hopefully- without errors... =/

@ stormwolf722 : Evanescence is not defined and/or categorized as 'Classic Rock', therefor they are not featured in this competition... delossantosj has already responded to this, but I just felt like making a point here... ;)

@ logantheking : you get to vote for a second band and give them 1 point! I know the rules are new to a lot of people, so please state your second vote, so I can count them for the final score of this group round, ok? =)

@ iamnotironman : the group stays open until either - one band reaches the 30 points limit (which U2 has passed now), or - the maximum period of 14 days... (which I haven't been able to keep due to my hectic schedule in real life, sorry about that!)

@ Brad1185 : I can be really clear about your multiple posts... you refused to follow the 'CRBWC' thread rules and -more importantly- refused to follow the ArmorGames forum rules and guidelines. Therefor your votes won't be counted and your attitude towards delossantosj's offer to help you is clearly frowned upon... =/

@ abhishek356 : Your reasoning was pretty thin, a little better at your second time around posting, but... since the maximum period of this group has already expired, I will count them anyways! Try to have a more solid reasoning for the next group please, thanx! =)

@ HahiHa : "Can we agree that they are all great?" Now that's something I will back up! They are all great, but everyone in his own way... ;)

Allright then... final score round up for this group! Here we go!

# Votes counted in Group C :#

U2 : 31 (9 First votes / 4 Second votes) = WINNER!
Def Leppard : 14 (3 First votes / 5 Second votes) = RUNNER UP!

Whitesnake : 10 (2 First votes / 4 Second votes) - Eliminated...
Bad Company :  7 (2 First votes / 1 Second vote) - Eliminated...
Rainbow :  7 (2 First votes / 1 Second vote) - Eliminated...
The Cult :  1 (0 First votes / 1 Second vote) - Eliminated...
Status Quo :  0 (0 First votes / 0 Second votes) - Eliminated...

Not much of a surprise to be honest... U2 has passed with overwhelming numbers as the leader in this group and Def Leppard have joined them for the runner up spot, to my personal satisfaction since they failed to do this last year! YAY! =D

Next group will be posted from my new home, since I REALLY HAVE TO break down my computer now and pack it into a box... I'm already late with doing that, sorry... =(
Upside from this is that nemo12 and logantheking now have a 2 day-window to post their second choice for me to add to the final score! ;)

See you in about 2 days with the next group in this 'Classic Rock Bands World Cup'!! Sorry you guys have to wait, but real life has priority at the moment... hang in there! ;)

Posted May 1, '11 at 6:19pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

Mrdaycee has apparently missed some votes. so ill go ahead and fix it. with the adition of dudeguy's votes heres the updated score

U2 : 34 (10 First votes / 4 Second votes) = WINNER!
Def Leppard : 14 (3 First votes / 5 Second votes)
Whitesnake : 10 (2 First votes / 4 Second votes)
Bad Company :  8 (2 First votes / 2 Second vote)
Rainbow :  7 (2 First votes / 1 Second vote)
The Cult :  1 (0 First votes / 1 Second vote)
Status Quo :  0 (0 First votes / 0 Second votes)

U2 is an absolute winner at this point and they move on with flying colours, but the rest of the bands feel free to vote for until the end when Daycee puts up the next group. if youve already voted, you cant vote again. if we didnt count your votes because your reasoning was poor, post better reasoning and we will count it.

daycee will be back in 2 days with the next group due to him moving.

Posted May 3, '11 at 12:10pm

logantheking

logantheking

251 posts

I only voted for Def Leppord because they are the only ones I like. But if I have to use my other vote, I will vote for Whitesnake.