ForumsPopular Media"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

797 345100
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

A lot of people have been asking me when the new edition of the 'CRBWC' would finally start (and I'm sorry it took me so long...), but I wanted to make the second edition even better and more fun than the first one!
(In case you wonder what the first one looked like: this is the 'CRBWC 2010'.)

After hours of fun (and stress!) in figuring out the new CRBWC schematics, the gathering of info on the participating bands and fabricating the additional pictures to it all, I'm proud of the final outcome and so, without further delay, let's kick off the 2011 edition of the

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5294/5529788999_de0e158858.jpg

Now, some changes have been made to the second edition of this competition, so reading the rules and guidelines is something everyone needs to do, even the voters from last year's edition are advised to...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5097/5530376806_b698294b37.jpg

The format of this World Cup for Classical Rock Bands is based upon the organisation schematics of the Soccer World Cup. It has the same rules as the Soccer World Cup in terms of competitors proceeding through it, but it will follow a few rules of its own too.
Below is a short guide to elaborate the >binding rules< for this competition:

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5220/5529789379_02f0090bc2_m.jpg

-The 'CRBWC' consist of a total of 24 rounds being presented one at a time.
-Each round will be open for voting for a maximum of 2 weeks or untill a band reaches the points limit.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5178/5529789643_2c342038b7.jpg

-Each user of ArmorGames who wants to give a vote has the possibility to vote only once per round.
-All votes given by users are obligated to consist of an elaborated reasoning as to 'why' you choose these two bands. Votes lacking a proper elaborated reasoning, for example: "I like them" or "They rule", will not be counted. Elaborate on why you like them and talk about them, that's the main goal of this competition!
-Different to last year's edition, this time each vote in the group stage of this competition will consist of naming a "First choice" with with a value of 3 points and a "Second choice" with a value of 1 point.
-You only get to vote for two bands in a group. NO double voting for a single band and/or NO voting for more than two bands per group. No exceptions will be made in this matter.
-If two bands reach the limit of 30 points at the same time, the band with the most "First choices" will be declared as the winner of that round.
-The rule explained above, also applies if two bands reach a similar point count for second place at the same time in the 'Group Stage'.
-If, for any reason, two bands reach the limit of 30 points simultaniously and both have an equal amount of first and second choices, the band getting it's 'winning vote' first will be declared the winner.
-Further rounds after the group stage will have a 1 point count for each vote given and an according 10 points limit. Rules for declaring a winner will be applied according to the group stage rules.
-No discussions about the ruling on the outcome of a round are allowed.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5133/5529789699_ba98e181f8.jpg

# THE GROUP STAGE:
-This stage will behold 8 different groups (A to H) consisting of 7 Classical Rock Bands to choose from.
-After closure, both the 'group winner' and the 'runner up' band will proceed to the knockout stage.
-All other remaining bands are eliminated from the competition.

THE KNOCKOUT STAGE:
-After completing the Group stage, the 'group winner' of the first group will be up against the 'runner up' of the second group. The 'group winner' of the second group will be up against the 'runner up' of the first group. This schedule will be followed for the rest of the groups, to clarify:
#1 Group A vs. #2 Group B (Winning band is called 'Winner I'
#1 Group B vs. #2 Group A (Winning band is called 'Winner II'
#1 Group C vs. #2 Group D (Winning band is called 'Winner III'
#1 Group D vs. #2 Group C (Winning band is called 'Winner IV'
#1 Group E vs. #2 Group F (Winning band is called 'Winner V'
#1 Group F vs. #2 Group E (Winning band is called 'Winner VI'
#1 Group G vs. #2 Group H (Winning band is called 'Winner VII'
#1 Group H vs. #2 Group G (Winning band is called 'Winner VIII'

THE 1/4 FINALS:
-The next stage, the 1/4 finals, will be held in this order:
# Winner I vs. Winner V
# Winner II vs. Winner VI
# Winner III vs. Winner VII
# Winner IV vs. Winner VIII

THE SEMI FINALS:
-The semi finals will be held in the order of:
# Winner I/V vs. Winner II/VI
# Winner III/VII vs. Winner IV/VIII

THE 'SHADOW FINAL':
-A number three and four is decided in a match between both 'losing' bands from the semi finals.
-Ranking of third and fourth place in this Final is decided upon the band that reaches the 10 points limit first.

THE FINAL MATCH:
-The Final match is held between both winning bands from the semi finals.
-When one of the bands in the Final reaches the limit of 10 points first, that band is declared the winner of the competition and is crowned The 'CRBWC' Champion 2011.
-The remaining band is ranked #2 in this competition.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5213/5530377280_41f3830f0c.jpg

-There will be NO playoffs held in this competition.
-You don't get to complain when 'your band' is eliminated from the competition. "Take the pain..."
-Swearing and obscene language is not tolerated. Always respect the opinion(s) of the other users participating in this thread, even if you disagree with their reasoning.
-If any situation should occur that is not explained and/or guided by the thread's rules, the 'Armor Games Community Forum Rules and Regulations' and the 'Popular Media Rules ("Read these rules or else...&quot' apply and are to be followed for this 'Classic Rock Bands World Cup'. They will be referred to when needed.
You can find them here:
Armor Games Community Forum Rules and Regulations
Popular Media Rules ("Read these rules, or else...&quot

Since this year's 'CRBWC' competition has a little more stuff to work with, I will start off as the sole Moderator for it, but there might be other moderators assigned over time if/when I see fit. Don't ask me for an assignment, since I will only assign people I know to have the same devotion to this competition and they will be revealed when the time comes, ok?

And last, but certainly not least... take heed:
!!! OFFICIAL AG ADMINISTRATORS AND MODERATORS WILL ALWAYS HAVE A BINDING WORD !!!
So, whenever an AG administrator or moderator visits this thread and decides to alter/delete a user's post or take action on an item or discussion, listen and obide to them as you would throughout the rest of the ArmorGames website.

I hope the AG users will like and participate in this 'Classic Rock Bands World Cup'!
So my main advice to all participants is to simply... ENJOY!!!

Now... enough with the talk... shove everything aside and...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5019/5530376744_2f3a765af7_m.jpg

• 797 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Have Walguigi or Iberic dropped in to vote yet? Or Kriss?

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Oh, well... many regular voters haven't checked in yet to vote... some even for a VERY long time!!
Sadly... =(

I got bored (and curious) and decided to check the pages for who exactly voted in this competition in the past... so here's a small list containing most of those regular CRBWC voters!

The regular Voters :
Nichodemus
Maverick4 (welcome back!)
dudeguy45
ilberic
Armpit
HahiHa
Ernie15
thepyro222
goumas13
Agent_AAS (I know he's inactive right now)
slayguy8
delossantosj
SonataVarius
valboss84
MRWalker84
Efan
parrot657
iamnotironman
NontroppO
AvengedSevenfold11
waluigi
tehpwner
grimml
jdoggparty
thisisnotanalt
Paarfam
logantheking

And a list of one-time-only or sometimes -voters :
Schmiddy1234
ThroatLozenge
calebsi
the regulator
greethan
ThorRatFox
Dutchfrog
CalvinDultrey (he's perma-banned)
Jeffereysinspiration
abhishek356
nemo12
Luksy2
chitown
cowmaster1
Stinger_Maniac
StrategicCaptain
GhostOfMatrix
iTrojans
PracticalManiac
FALLEN950
Zionman

So, that's a real nice list! But alas... most of the people are inactive at the moment or have forgotten about the competitions here in the forae! =/

And who's 'Kriss'? I know ilberic and waluigi are busy with real life at the moment, so...

greethan
greethan
123 posts
Nomad

First of all, I'M BAAAACK!

Second, I vote Queen. They revolutionized rock with "Bohemian Rhapsody", were basically the premier classic rock band of the 80's and were also the arena rock kings.

(And I dislike Aerosmith.)

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

HEY! Yuz! Another regular voter has returned to the competition! Welcome back greethan! =D

And immediately another vote for Queen is scored! Let's hope more oft he regulars drop in to stay and maybe... even some new participants? Who knows...

For now, the score is :

K.O. Round # B :

6 - QUEEN
4 - AEROSMITH

Seems like Queen will eventually make the win... OR... will Aerosmith be able to fight back? It's only 2 votes a difference... so you, yes YOU, can decide the outcome! Make that post, state that vote and help your favourite band win!! YAAAHHYYY! *kermit impersonation* =D

calebsi
calebsi
202 posts
Farmer

It is 5-6 Queen because

Aerosmith voters:
1.nichodemus
2.joel
3.MrDayCee
4.maverick
5.Cheesehead-Man

Queen voters:
1.calebsi
2.throatlozenge
3.ilberic
4.HahiHa
5.dudeguy
6.greethen

waluigi
waluigi
1,948 posts
Shepherd

Oh, how I hate how hard you make it to decide. My vote is going to have to go for

*drumroll*

OUEEN!

Freddie's voice just is far more memorable than that of Mr. Steven Tyler, and their songs by far are better, especially with the amazing harmonies of "Bohemian Rhapsody". That and Queen hasn't sold out to American Idol.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Tough choice. I don't like either of them.

Anyway, I guess I am going to vote Aerosmith. They are a poor man's Rolling Stones, but most of their songs are Ok. Dream on and Walk This Way are kinda good.
Queen are just too pop for my taste.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

We're still just one vote short! C'mon Aerosmith fans!

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

Queen all the way!!!

MRWalker82
MRWalker82
4,005 posts
Shepherd

Oh dang...

Why, oh why must you always make me deal with such tough decisions MrDayCee??

I love both bands and have lots of each on my iTunes tbh. That being said, though, I honestly think that Queen is the better rock band. The vocal harmonies of Freddie Mercury are simply amazing and had he not passed I believe that they would still be around and making music today.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@ calebsi : thanx for keeping a clear head! I guess I missed adding one vote somewhere in the process... must have been with the revising of votes a few pages back. =/

@ numino : sorry, reasoning is required to get your vote counted here, no reasoning = no vote count.

So with the latest entries counted, there's a small increasing lead for Queen building here :

K.O. Round # B :

8 - QUEEN
6 - AEROSMITH

Come on people! Will we finally make it to a 10-vote win for a change?! That would have been the first time in this year's competition I believe... anyway... VOTE!!!

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

ah right queen for me because i like the combination of operatic/rock, it is very unique and to this day very few bands can consistently do songs in that fashion and still be popular.

aerosmith is good but i find them to be a bit clichéd and soft for my taste.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Thanx for the reasoning there numino! Now I can count your vote as well! =)

(Probably the last) score count for this battle shows :

K.O. Round # B :

9 - QUEEN
6 - AEROSMITH

Queen has a comfortable 3-vote lead over Aerosmith right now, so if you want to change the outcome of this battle... you have untill coming Friday, january 27th to cast your votes and decide the outcome of the battle... state your votes people!! =D

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

Queen! I think they have insprired more amd just have more talent than aerosmith.
I dont really like Aerosmith at all anyway, so i couldnt have them win now could i? :P

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

Allright!! And that concludes the second round in the 'CRBWC' competition!
As expected... Queen have won this round and move on!
Aerosmith have to take their loss and are eliminated...

Final score count shows :

K.O. Round # B :

10 - QUEEN - WINNER!!

6 - AEROSMITH - Eliminated...

On we go with the next round, K.O. Round # C!!

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7019/6751593751_0c88e64411_z_d.jpg

Here are some example songs for those who can't decide right away :

Example songs U2 :
# I Will Follow (1980)
# Sunday, Bloody Sunday (1983)
# Pride (In The Name Of Love) (1984)
# Where The Streets Have No Name (1987)

Example songs The Eagles :
# Take It Easy (1973)
# One Of These Nights (1975)
# Hotel California - Live (1977)
# Heartache Tonight (1979)

So look at the example videos (if needed), brainstorm a bit (if needed), crack those knuckles and write your reasoning for one of the bands you vote for!! Here we go!!

On your marks... get set... ready... eddie... steady... VOTE!!!

Showing 421-435 of 797