Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 25, '11 at 11:23pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,978 posts

Okay, to elaborate my first vote: The beatles reinvented the music industry, they were the most popular band in the sixties, and without this rap garbage, they would still be pretty high on the mountain. Women wanted them, men wanted to be them... They made music today possible.

Posted Mar 26, '11 at 3:29pm

Bonjovimen

Bonjovimen

18 posts

QUEEN!!! Dont like anyone else on there......I would vote for Bon Jovi, but as you can see it ain't on there (unfortunatly) Bon Jovi is AWESOME his 80's Glam Metal rocks!  Don't think I like him just cus I played Livin' On A Prayer In Guitar Hero I listen to almost all his songs.  Someday I'll Be Saturday Night, You Give Love A Bad Name, Keep The Faith(BEST EVER), and all sorts of others.  I know Most of this post is about Bon Jovi Even though Its supposed to be about Queen HAHA!!!

Posted Mar 26, '11 at 3:33pm

Bonjovimen

Bonjovimen

18 posts

Oops just read I have to pick two......um I guess it goes to the beatles.....just cuz ive seen George's Strat(pretty cool guitar) Even though I CAN'T STAND THEIR MUSIC!!!! AHHHH!!! of course i also vote for them because my friend would hold me down and force me to if he saw this....haha.. ok probably not.......I wish that Rush would have won the last one even though i still like journey

Posted Mar 26, '11 at 3:49pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Still no votes for Golden Earring?! Do any of you guys know the band, or am I mistaken in thinking they had a world wide fame in the late 70's and the 80's?! Can't seem to figure that out somehow... anyone want to proove me right that they were known somewhere else than the Netherlands? =P

Yeah, I've heard of them. Radar Love and twilight Zone are both pretty good songs. The issue is that they aren't even in the same league of popularity as the other four bands.

Posted Mar 26, '11 at 4:06pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

I would vote for Bon Jovi, but as you can see it ain't on there (unfortunatly) Bon Jovi is AWESOME his 80's Glam Metal rocks!

i wouldnt doubt hed be on in furture rounds

Posted Mar 26, '11 at 7:57pm

tehpwner

tehpwner

175 posts

1st vote: Queen
2nd vote: The Beatles

Queen. Literally. Influenced. Everyone. If you check through a list of all of your favorite bands of every genre, at least half list queen as an influence. Songs like "Bohemian Rhapsody" and "We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions" have endured the test of time, and always will.

The Beatles for basically the same reason. Without them, Guitar is history. What is Rock without guitar? What is drums without guitar? What is Bass without guitar? What is... MUSIC... WITHOUT GUITAR? Scary thought...

I'm not the biggest fan of the Beatles MUSIC though, it's still good by the way. I've always found The 'Stones overrated (FLAME SHIELD ACTIVATED), and have never been familiar with CCR, The Doors, or Golden Earring.

I know and respect Jimi's legacy AND Guitar Mastery (I talk too much about guitar for a drummer^.^), but I could never really get in to his music though. Foxey lady is good though, and it being in one of the funniest scenes in Wayne's World doesn't hurt eather.

Overall, Queen wins this round.

Posted Mar 26, '11 at 8:16pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

What is drums without guitar?

a drum solo :P

What is Bass without guitar?

emerson lake and plamer.

What is Rock without guitar?

emerson lake and palmer

What is... MUSIC... WITHOUT GUITAR?

lol a song without guitar isnt all that un common there are plenty of good rock songs that dont have guitar

just thought id point that out.

(I talk too much about guitar for a drummer^.^

you certainly do lol. come on man give mitch michells some credit! without him jimi would have been NOBODY.

Posted Mar 27, '11 at 5:10am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

7,826 posts

@ thepyro222 : Thanx for giving a reasoning for your first vote even though I already counted your votes! Shows character... ;)

@ Bonjovimen : I love your enthusiasm! Thanx for voting and... I'll give you a small hint... keep checking in, because Bon Jovi will be featuring in this year's edition further on! And so will Rush and Journey! ;)

@ delossantosj : always the drummer that gets aroused in you whenever a discussion starts, hey? LOL Always nice to see your drive opposing the 'guitar lovers'! ;)

The competition is still on between two bands! Who will make it on top?! Will it be Queen, or wll it be the Beatles in the end? =O

Another roundup of votes show Queen taking over again! =D

Votes counted Group A:

Queen_______ : 24 (3+1+1+1+1+3+1+3+3+1+3+3)
Beatles_______: 23 (1+3+3+3+1+3+1+3+3+1+1)
The Doors____ :  7 (1+3+3)
Jimi Hendrix___ :  6 (3+3)
Rolling Stones_ :  2 (1+1)
C.C.R._______ :  2 (1+1)
Golden Earring :  0

Make sure you get to decide this battle and state your votes for this close battle! The heat is on... =D

Posted Mar 27, '11 at 12:44pm

Bonjovimen

Bonjovimen

18 posts

hey delossantoj nice tast  of music Bon Jovi is the Bomb.  I love playing Wanted Dead or Alive on my accoustic guitar and it's really fun to play the solo on my epiphone Les Paul!

Posted Mar 27, '11 at 1:06pm

tehpwner

tehpwner

175 posts

Mrdaycee I was trying to get the point across that, even Though I'm a Drummer and LOVE drums (TRAVIS BARKER IS ********* OVERRATED!!!11!!.... sorry...) Where would music be without guitar? none of our favorite bands would be here. Just Clearin' things up.