Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 28, '11 at 9:26pm

greethan

greethan

125 posts

I won a contest, so now you can all have +infinity.
END

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 12:55pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,260 posts

Knight

You get -100 from me for spamming in such a great thread.

I'm astounded at how few votes the Rolling Stones got up to now, I would have thought that more people liked their rocky songs over the poppy songs of the Beatles.. of course that's great for the Beatles :D but I would have expected more votes for the Stones since they also were quite influencial.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 7:00pm

greethan

greethan

125 posts

You get -100,000,000,000,000 for trolling.
Goodnight.

WHEN WILL THE FIRST ROUND END???!?!?!?!?

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 7:09pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

6,794 posts

first round ends soon. either when the two week limit runs out or when the vote reaches 30. so the two weeks is almost up and the votes are almost at 30 so probably here in the next few days

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 7:13pm

tehpwner

tehpwner

275 posts

Spread this to some other peeps, we need some more voters! -No Spamming though, guys-

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 8:04pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

535 posts

How long until this round ends?

I think Golden Earring lost lol

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 8:45pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

6,794 posts

How long until this round ends?

I think Golden Earring lost lol

-_-.... read my last post

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 8:53pm

iTrojans

iTrojans

302 posts

1st Pick - Queen

2nd Pick - Beatles

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 3:08am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

9,120 posts

@ tehpwner : Don't worry... I'm a big fan of guitarzz too and think they are a solid and needed factor in rock music! Allthough delossantosj will probably start the discussion we had before about what's more of a factor: guitars or drums, all over again... LOL XD

@ greethan : First... thanx for participating in the 'CRBWC' competition!! About your request for bands... the groups are already fixed during the preparation process, but I'll advise you to keep an eye out for future groups presented, because 3 of the 7 bands you suggested will be featured in this competition later on!! ;)

@ HahiHa : I have to agree, but then again... it's the same thing with 'The Doors', which I would have thought to get more votes than they have currently... somehow both 'Queen' and 'The Beatles' seem to attracting all the votes and leave the other bands behind with the scraps to fight over... =/

@ iTrojans : Thanx for stating your choices in votes, but they're lacking a proper reasoning, which makes them invalid for counting... 'CRBWC' rules clearly state that you have to add a proper reasoning to your votes in order to get them counted, so if you could add the reasoning to your votes, I can submit them to the score! ;)

As for the score count... the Beatles have taken over the lead from Queen once more in this first group!! Will they make it to the finish, or will they be defeated by Queen at the very last minute?! O.o

Votes counted Group A:

Beatles_______: 26 (1+3+3+3+1+3+1+3+3+1+1+3)
Queen_______ : 24 (3+1+1+1+1+3+1+3+3+1+3+3)
Jimi Hendrix___ : 7 (3+3+1)
The Doors____ : 7 (1+3+3)
Rolling Stones_ : 2 (1+1)
C.C.R._______ : 2 (1+1)
Golden Earring : 0

I've decided to not vote in this first group myself... just to avoid a possible discussion of having fixed the group's outcome and have a conflict of interest here... ;)

So... make sure YOU have the decisive vote before this first group is closed!!! It will end around midnight (CET) tonight, so the clock's ticking... =D

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 5:04am

goumas13

goumas13

4,906 posts

My first vote goes to The Doors, an amazing band and probably one of the greatest rock bands of all time. Ray Manzarek was an extremely talented keyboardist, and Jim Morrison was a really good songwriter.
The End, Riders on the Storm, Light My Fire, Break on Through, L.A. Woman, People Are Strange ... so many great songs.

My second vote goes to the Beatles, a quite good band and one of the most influential. Plus, I love "Yellow Submarine".