Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted May 21, '12 at 9:40pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Unfortunately, I am not wearing my Dark Side Of The Moon T-Shirt today, but I am still voting for Pink Floyd.

I have their T-Shirt; Thats plenty reason enough.

Posted May 21, '12 at 9:40pm

dudeguy45

dudeguy45

2,594 posts

Led Zeppelin... his voice is god awful. How people like that band is beyoind me. But it is not only my dislike of Led that gives Pinkie my vote, but my like of Pinkie's mood, guitar, synth all that. Great lyrics too. Pink Floyd

Posted May 21, '12 at 9:53pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

12,548 posts

Knight

Led Zeppelin is right up there with the Beatles and the Stones when it comes to the greatest British rock groups of all-time. Their bluesy riffs combined with early metal elements were what gave them their legendary unmistakable sound; some of my favorite guitar riffs of all time are from their songs.

I don't know what metal would be like if Led Zeppelin had never existed.

Here is what I said about Pink Floyd the last time it stepped up to the plate:

I've also never seen the appeal behind Pink Floyd. I find every one of their songs flat-out boring, and yes, I've listened to dozens of them.

I stand by every word.

Posted May 21, '12 at 10:14pm

FALLEN950

FALLEN950

166 posts

Ok, you're just getting on my nerves now DayCee...

It's not humanly possible for me to choose between these bands because they both are tied at first on my list of greatest bands of all time.

So, I will not be casting a vote this time, and I know I'll be disappointed with the outcome either way...

Posted May 21, '12 at 10:22pm

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,290 posts

Led Zeppelin is right up there with the Beatles and the Stones when it comes to the greatest British rock groups of all-time.

I agree with you 100%! Jimmy Page is a very talented guitarist, to say the least, and Rob can hit those high notes like no other! You can truly feel the emotion behind their music when you listen to it... you don't have to listen hard! =)

Stairway to Heaven has also held a special place in my heart since I was a young'un. So of COURSE they're getting my vote this round!

Posted May 21, '12 at 11:31pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

Unfortunately, I am not wearing my Dark Side Of The Moon T-Shirt today

I am.

This battle is almost too hard to vote. I can't find any reason why I would choose one band over the other, except for the Pink Floyd is my favorite band. I can't even compare the two really, in my opinion they have almost no flaws. So uhh, Pink Floyd gets my vote.

Posted May 21, '12 at 11:36pm

DrElmer

DrElmer

450 posts

I'm a hard rock man myself. Pink Floyd ain't too bad as far as whatever the hell it's supposed to be goes, but I have to side with the harder stuff because that is what I would prefer to listen to in almost any situation. Led Zeppelin has my vote.

Posted May 22, '12 at 12:01am

ilberic

ilberic

871 posts

Pink Floyd, every time, any time.  You might as well have put them against my nephews and niece playing their paper jam guitars..  not because Led Zeppelin is bad, but because that's how high I put Pink Floyd.  Guitar, vocals, themes, lyrics..  Floyd, Floyd, Floyd, Floyd.

Vote - Pink Floyd.

Posted May 22, '12 at 11:49am

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

zeppelin beats pink floyd on almost all levels as well. id tie them on lyricism but that would be about it

Posted May 22, '12 at 5:40pm

calebsi

calebsi

148 posts

Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd is definitely my favorite band in this competition. What really matters to me in a band is songwriting and vocals. I would take Pink Floyd in both of those categories. Although Led Zeppelin had better musicians, Plant's voice can get really obnoxious sometimes.