Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Jun 13, '12 at 5:40pm

calebsi

calebsi

212 posts

Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd has better lyrics and songwriting. Three of their albums are in my top five.

Eddie's is a much better guitarist than Gilmour.

No. they're both good but Gilmour is much better

Posted Jun 15, '12 at 6:46pm

daleks

daleks

3,838 posts

Pink Floyd would have to be my vote. More unique I guess, plus I have one of there CDs. And I don't really like Van Halen.

Posted Jun 16, '12 at 6:33am

nebmas

nebmas

159 posts

Hmm the thing with these shadow final's is that you end up re-instating your point.

As someone else said, van halen are more mainstream. Pink Floyd has better sound quality in a way and more creativity. Also, I like the lyrics to their songs more.

And with van halen, there are many bands like them. I'm sticking with pink floyd on this.

PINK FLOYD

Posted Jun 16, '12 at 12:59pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

12,509 posts

Administrator

Wait... but both bands lost...

@ Skeleton_Pilot and Ernie15 : True guys... but this battle is posted to determine which band ends up on 3rd place and which on 4th place, just like it's done in the previous edition and will be in the next one!

@ Q_File : Just perfect there! Thanx! =)

@ FALLEN950 : Ouch... that decision of yours hurted man... LOL (o.O)

I'll state my vote for Van Halen once more, as I had hoped for them to at least grasp the third spot (like last year), but it wasn't to be this time around... Eddie should have more votes in my opinion if only for his pioneering in the development of rock music, something Pink Floyd have done too, but stalled over time... Eddie however never stopped! =)

Well, it seems like PF is one vote away from claiming the 3rd spot officially, allthough un-officially... they have it already at the cost of VH as we see...

Score count for the "Shadow Final" :

9 - PINK FLOYD
5 - VAN HALEN

Then let's get this over with people... could someone please make the final blow? =/

*hides in plain sight shivering*

Posted Jun 17, '12 at 10:16pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

I guess I'll have to be the final voter for Pink Floyd.

Their psychedelic rock music helped inspire future generations of alternative bands. Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall were both outstandingly popular albums that gave that rebel rock idea to the alternative bands (Green Day sound familiar?)

Van Halen, in my mind, was just another generic party rock band.

Posted Jun 20, '12 at 3:36am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

12,509 posts

Administrator

@ Salvidian : Thanx for the deciding vote so we can close the battle! YUZ! Can't stand looking at it anymore... LOL

Final score count for the 'Shadow Final' shows a decisive gap between the two featured contestants!

Final Score count for the "Shadow Final" :

10 - PINK FLOYD - WINNER!!!

5 - VAN HALEN - Eliminated...

Best I forget this blamage a.s.a.p. and move on to the "GRRRRANDE FINALEEEE"!!!

Presenting the final two contestants for this edition of the C.R.B.W.C....

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8155/7406454314_19d06af7ff_z_d.jpg

Some information so you can decide which band deserves your vote :

# LED ZEPPELIN : Official Website / Wikipedia Article
__Example Songs: Whole Lotta Love (1969), Immigrant Song (1970), Stairway To Heaven (1971).

# ZZ TOP : Official Website / Wikipedia Article
__Example Songs : La Grange (1973), Gimme All Your Lovin' (1983), Legs (1984).

Now, let's get this rock competition going one more time and decide which band is the ultimate rock band in the genre of classic rock music!!! Ladies and gentlemen... the words...

ON YOUR MARKS... GET SET... READY... EDDIE... STEADY... VOTE!!! =D

Posted Jun 20, '12 at 4:02am

DrElmer

DrElmer

542 posts

Led Zeppelin is a better hard rock group, not necessarily a better group, but generally harder sounding. I prefer that hard rock sound over ZZ Top's sound, even though ZZ Top does have a good sound.

Posted Jun 20, '12 at 4:07am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,600 posts

Knight

Led Zeppelin is one of the greatest rock bands of all time, no questions asked. They've done more for rock music than just about any other group in history.

Having that said, I still have to vote for ZZ Top because without them, I would have never learned to play the drums properly. Had it not been for their song "Velcro Fly", I would have never been inspired to learn to play with my feet in addition to my hands.

Now I can play more complicated beats on the drums, and it's all thanks to ZZ Top's epic drum riff.

Posted Jun 20, '12 at 5:01am

numino

numino

219 posts

This is a hard one to decide both bands are good. They both have been part of defing rock music.

But I think I will have to go for ZZ Top because their 'rock' style is more rough around the edges and that's what appeals to me also their drumming is impeccable, the riffs are very memorable.

ZZ TOP

Posted Jun 20, '12 at 11:13am

daleks

daleks

3,838 posts

...I vote Bon Jovi. O wait, they were eliminated in the first round. Ummm...ya.

Anyway I guess I have to go with Led Zeppelin. I don't really like either band but there is something about ZZ Top's music that I just don't like. At least I can bear listening too Led Zeppelin. But like my dad has said, "It is sad when Led Zeppelin is the best thing on the radio."