Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Sep 2, '12 at 8:55pm

Zombieman500102

Zombieman500102

81 posts

O_O UMM...argument over music? O_O I hope you don't get into a real fight.

Posted Sep 11, '12 at 1:54am

wajor59

wajor59

904 posts

I can't leave without saying good-bye to the one thread that held my interest since I became a member on this site.

Mr DayCee, it's been a pleasure watching this thread grow and it's also been fun participating in the voting.
Thank you for wanting me to be one of the mods of this thread. I was both honored and touched by your consideration.

I'm probably the oldest member of this site. I graduated hs in 1977. I lived during classic rocks hay-day and went to my fair share of concerts.

I'm still in shock that Deep Purple only received 4 votes. If I remember correctly I think I even voted for the competing band. I can only say that I must not have had my coffee when I was voting that day.

Not to rant but Deep Purple has been the one band that so many current bands name as being the inspiration for them wanting to play/perform rock music. They are one of the few groups that are still played on the air waves today. They also are one of the few classic rock bands that are still actively touring today. If this one band could be recommended to have a revote I would not only make a promise to participate this year, I would also promise not to whine if they don't make to the finals.

end of rant

I wish this thread much future success. I love ya' all.
X

Posted Oct 24, '12 at 8:34pm

jdoggparty

jdoggparty

3,314 posts

2) ZZ Top - Runner Up (46 votes total)

3) Pink Floyd (54 votes total)

Lol, Pink Floyd represent! They gonna be back this year DayCee?

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 2:09pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,012 posts

Knight

Siouxsie and the Banshees. Counted?

Posted Nov 24, '12 at 12:52am

idigit

idigit

259 posts

come on daycee?!

I know youve been a new mod now, but you said that youd start another one in september?! I have been waiting since the first day i joined AG to be a part of this. WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME SO D:??

Posted Dec 10, '12 at 9:48pm

daleks

daleks

3,227 posts

Hmmmmm. I wonder if DayCee will ever get back to this thread.

Posted Dec 11, '12 at 10:56am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,012 posts

Knight

Mod stuff? Just wait it out I guess....Unless he can nominate someone else to take over temporarily.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 9:29pm

daleks

daleks

3,227 posts

Can you give us a list of stuff you have to do for this thread like you did the Metal thread DayCee?

Posted Jun 10, '13 at 3:04pm

idigit

idigit

259 posts

OK. I AM JUST FED UP NOW. START THIS OR ELSE. I WILL FIND YOU AND HUNT YOU DOWN WITH PLAYING CARDS, A BOW AND ARROW, AND A FENCING SABER (IF YOU DONT GET THESE REFERENCES CHECK MY PROFILE DESCRIPTION). SERIOUSLY DAYCEE. START. THIS. THREAD.

Posted Jun 18, '13 at 4:43pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

Kiss, Twisted sister, or Ozzy Osborne should have been first