Forums

ForumsPopular Media

"C.R.B.W.C." : the Classic Rock Bands World Cup!

Thread Locked

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 6:48pm

tehpwner

tehpwner

175 posts

1st pick is GNR, They have some of the most memorable songs ever (Welcome to the Jungle, Sweet Child of Mine) and songs you can just plain ol' bang your head to (Paradise City is pretty much an anthem of THIS generation for some reason :D)

Slash & Duff McCagen (probably spelled his last name wrong... srry Duff) Were some of the best in their game, while Axl was a great rock vocalist (Although he's a ... you get the point.).
My favorite classic rock band.

Second is Ozzy. I really don't understand what made Black Sabbath so great, but Ozzy's music is just better in every way. From fast paced classics like Crazy Train and Bark at the Moon, or any of his other various hits I can't think of right now, he's a legend. Also, unlike GNR, he's still relevent today. Scream Like You Mean It is an EPIC song.

There was so many good ones in this category; it was hard to choose. Aerosmith and AC/DC are my runners up.

BTW Mrdaycee, can you give them some credit and have Foreigner SOMEWHERE in this competition? It's too early to beg, but I just wanna make sure you don't forget how awesome these guys are.

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 8:24pm

greethan

greethan

107 posts

1st Pick: Aerosmith:
Bangers:
Walk This Way
Dream On
Back In The Saddle

2nd Pick: AC/DC
Bangers:
Almost all of them

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 8:43pm

iamnotironman

iamnotironman

888 posts

I have a feeling Aerosmith is moving on.If you don't mind Mr. Day Cee I will update the rankings.

Aerosmith:13
Guns N' Roses:5
Ozzy Osbourne:4
AC/DC:2
Motorhead:0
Rose Tattoo:0
Meat Loaf:0

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 8:43pm

delossantosj

delossantosj

5,311 posts

he does. you aint no mod bro

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 8:46pm

iamnotironman

iamnotironman

888 posts

Oh be quiet del I wont do it anymore but Day Cee wasnt looking at anything.

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 8:56pm

greethan

greethan

107 posts

Haha, yeah sorry but Rose Tattoo doesn't deserve to share a box with the musicians, even The Kool-Aid Man.

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 8:58pm

waluigi

waluigi

1,647 posts

Another classic band that has a great rocker(forgot his name)

Perhaps you mean Bon Scott, their long-late lead singer? Or maybe their guitarist, Angus Young. Or maybe their current lead singer, Brian Johnson? They were a good band, but not who I have picked to go past the round.

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 9:01pm

iamnotironman

iamnotironman

888 posts

Yes I meant Bon Scott.He was great.Thanks for the help Waluigi.

Posted Mar 31, '11 at 12:08am

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,986 posts

My First vote Goes to Ozzy. Simply put: he is the prince of bloody F@$kin darkness! He exemplifies the metal culture and is an absolute icon to the metal world, also, he was one of the founders of Heavy Metal. Ozzy is the man.

Second goes to AC/DC. They are an all around good band who are very popular and good at what they do. They have that very unique sound that separates them from all of the other bands in that group. A ton of AC/DC's songs are used in stadiums and what not, which is a mark of their popularity

Posted Mar 31, '11 at 2:49am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,694 posts

Knight

MrDayCee is bringing out some great bands! He makes it so difficult to choose.

Well then. My first vote will go to MotorHead since I generally love all their music and how their lead singer sings and how they all play their instruments so very nicely. Motorhead - The Game.
That's my favorite song from them.

The second vote is tough. I wish I could vote for AC/DC, Ozzy Osbourne, Guns 'n Roses and Aerosmith, but sadly; I cannot.
So I must choose Ozzy Osbourne for basically influencing music and many things he has made with Black Sabbath. Just a wonderful singer.