Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

should i uprade to flash 8

Posted May 4, '08 at 8:09pm

ZeroUltimax

ZeroUltimax

10 posts

as title says, I am wondering if I should upgrade to flash 8
Put out like that, the question seems pretty easy to understand, but it goes further than just that. My situation is quite perticular. The is a summary below if you don't want to read it all.

Few weeks ago, I spent the day at my father's work in a govermental institution for a special project. During that day, i made a really good impression on his boss, so i have been given a free copy (non hacked) of flash MX 2004 pro (flash 7), english version. Now, just in front of me, i have the french version of flash 8, free and non-hacked too. The problem is, its in french. Personally, I am french, but the problem is that the majority of the world is english, wich would make most tutorials incompatible, creating a hell for me, considering that i have only few experience in flash programing.

to sumarize, switching from V 7 to V8 of flash will create me a ton of problems, but are the advantages of flash 8 so immense that i should get over it and still uprage

Posted May 4, '08 at 10:30pm

Jcourtney

Jcourtney

8 posts

Can't you just find an English version?

Posted May 4, '08 at 10:49pm

sonnymasta

sonnymasta

331 posts

well i think you should

Posted May 4, '08 at 10:50pm

sonnymasta

sonnymasta

331 posts

upgrade to flash 8 that is

Posted May 4, '08 at 10:52pm

sonnymasta

sonnymasta

331 posts

but obviously just as Jcourtney said get an english version of flash 8 if you can!

Posted May 5, '08 at 5:58pm

ZeroUltimax

ZeroUltimax

10 posts

if i could get my hands on an english version for free, i wouldn't be posting here. It's from the goverment of quebec, so it's french. obviously, i'm not going to pay 700$ for it if im good enought with flash 7

Posted May 5, '08 at 5:59pm

dank

dank

1,043 posts

Knight

There is no difference between the different languages, the text is just translated. Also, you can't upgrade to Flash 8, you'd have to go to CS3.

Posted May 10, '08 at 10:22am

Ninjacube

Ninjacube

622 posts

I agree with dank you should get CS3 only it is expensive which is why I got Flash 8  even tho CS3 was out.
CS3 costs 10x as much as Flash 8
Flash 8:$80
CS3:$799

Posted May 10, '08 at 10:39am

KlNG

KlNG

354 posts

I downloaded a cracked version of CS3 in about 20 minutes, burnt to a disk, and its now on my computer.

Your Cost: $799
My Cost: $2

Posted May 11, '08 at 2:54am

Salmanius

Salmanius

296 posts

King you thats highly illegal and if you caught (not smart to tell the whole world that you did) you better be ready for serious fines.

Reply to should i uprade to flash 8

You must be logged in to post a reply!