ForumsProgramming Forumshould i uprade to flash 8

11 4888
ZeroUltimax
ZeroUltimax
10 posts
Nomad

as title says, I am wondering if I should upgrade to flash 8
Put out like that, the question seems pretty easy to understand, but it goes further than just that. My situation is quite perticular. The is a summary below if you don't want to read it all.

Few weeks ago, I spent the day at my father's work in a govermental institution for a special project. During that day, i made a really good impression on his boss, so i have been given a free copy (non hacked) of flash MX 2004 pro (flash 7), english version. Now, just in front of me, i have the french version of flash 8, free and non-hacked too. The problem is, its in french. Personally, I am french, but the problem is that the majority of the world is english, wich would make most tutorials incompatible, creating a hell for me, considering that i have only few experience in flash programing.

to sumarize, switching from V 7 to V8 of flash will create me a ton of problems, but are the advantages of flash 8 so immense that i should get over it and still uprage

• 11 Replies
Jcourtney
Jcourtney
8 posts
Nomad

Can't you just find an English version?

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

well i think you should

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

upgrade to flash 8 that is

sonnymasta
sonnymasta
294 posts
Peasant

but obviously just as Jcourtney said get an english version of flash 8 if you can!

ZeroUltimax
ZeroUltimax
10 posts
Nomad

if i could get my hands on an english version for free, i wouldn't be posting here. It's from the goverment of quebec, so it's french. obviously, i'm not going to pay 700$ for it if im good enought with flash 7

dank
dank
986 posts
Peasant

There is no difference between the different languages, the text is just translated. Also, you can't upgrade to Flash 8, you'd have to go to CS3.

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

I agree with dank you should get CS3 only it is expensive which is why I got Flash 8 even tho CS3 was out.
CS3 costs 10x as much as Flash 8
Flash 8:$80
CS3:$799

KlNG
KlNG
301 posts
Nomad

I downloaded a cracked version of CS3 in about 20 minutes, burnt to a disk, and its now on my computer.

Your Cost: $799
My Cost: $2

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

King you thats highly illegal and if you caught (not smart to tell the whole world that you did) you better be ready for serious fines.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

(Er, yeah, King, better delete that post too. It's also a forum policy violation. Given the randomness and the number of cases in which people have been arrested for publically discussing the practice of piracy, you're placing yourself and the site at considerable risk!)

anthaney4
anthaney4
16 posts
Nomad

yes becuse lets see like website slow upgrade it and boom dong like 2 sec

Showing 1-11 of 11