make armorgames more like kongregate
1. it makes people want to be better than the other forcing them to come back
2. compitition is fun

• 5 Replies
The_Idea_Men
The_Idea_Men
102 posts
Nomad

i have no idea what kongregate is. please, enlighten me.

however i should warn you you are about to be inundated with responses saying things to the effect of:

"we dont want to be LIKE anything, armor is its own thing"

"ag ROX we dontt need to copy of other sites"

"the point of armor games is to offer a unique community for flash gamers. if we were to copy other sites that would just make us like the other sites and therefore not unique."

i think that sums up the tone and articulation of whats coming.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

KONGREGATE is another flash-games host. I haven't been there, only played games from there.

The AP system already encourages competition. I would actually discourage it as we've already seen how this aspect also encourages spamming and troublemakers. If you saw how much spam the mods have to deal with on a daily basis you'd have to reconsider.

Competition wouldn't be a problem if people weren't so susceptible to it. One of the issues is the drive to comparative status ("I'm better than you!&quot and also the results-based mindset that pervades most people's thinking.

Iskalon
Iskalon
32 posts
Nomad

I usually play on Kong. It has some features that AG doesn't like achievement badges. But then, people would have to put some more code to actually make it possible to put achievements. And we would need a chat window.

Drognar
Drognar
535 posts
Nomad

I usually play on Kong. It has some features that AG doesn't like achievement badges. But then, people would have to put some more code to actually make it possible to put achievements. And we would need a chat window.

We have a chat system already. Anyway I think kongregate & NG both serve a good example for where armorgames improve on. Also the same note armorgames should try to keep it own style while following their examples, that would be great.
invisiman
invisiman
282 posts
Peasant

AG is already an awesome site. Why copy off of some other site?

Showing 1-5 of 5