ForumsNews and Feedback[necro]AG3 Calendar: April 12, 2011. Codename: Zweihander

32 17276
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

While this is by far my favorite release name to date, I couldn't help but think of this whenever I say zweihander:

http://mollypiper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/zoolander.jpg

Beginning immediately, we're going to be tackling some bigger projects internally as well as working on AG3, so we're going to be moving to a THREE week release cycle instead of two weeks. This means that our next beta release will happen on April 12, 2011, not April 5th.

At last check, we're about 75% complete with the features we want to have ready for the AG3 launch, and we want to make sure we get bugs fixed faster and more effectively.

On behalf of the webdev team (and heck, the whole company) thanks to everyone who is submitting bug reports, ideas and suggestions, and feedback (good and bad) on AG3 so far, both here in the forums and on Get Satisfaction. It's sooo much easier when our users get involved and give us an extra perspective on our development process.

So far, Release 11 has the following bug fixes and features planned, subject to change of course:

- threaded inbox display to see full conversations, similar to the activity stream
- new activity stream types
- inbox messages aren't deleting properly (James may have already fixed this on our live beta site)
- inbox messages should retain carriage returns for those of us who like to write actual paragraphs in our messages
- other enhancements and features on the Inbox based on feedback
- bugs with the rating widget, enhancements based on feedback
- bug fixes on the utility bar

• 32 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Zoolander! Lol.

Hmm, it all sounds good. I like all the features so far and can't wait for more!
So far everything is working well, for me at least.

we're about 75% complete with the features we want to have ready for the AG3 launch

Almost there, can't wait for the actual site to be updated.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I'll need to talk to Larry, but I'd like to give users some idea of how long the fully open public beta will last (where no invite code will be needed, etc) before we actually cut over to AG3 to replace this site.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

... HOOOOORAAAAYYYY!!!! 75% done!
till the open beta... well still a hooray...
but zweihander... how do you even say that! who is desiting on these again? i mean realy out of all the sword names in the world zweihander... why not katanna, or something?
but glad you guys are geting in to some major action!
will you guys be geting up the forums after or before the open beta release?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Around the office, we pronounce it ZWEE-hander /shrug

Larry has a list of medieval swords that we're working through. Dunno what kind of medieval weapon we're going to once we run out of swords though.

The AG2 forums will be sticking around in some fashion when AG3 launches, so we have *some* sort of forum for feedback, etc., but we'll be working on a whole new forum engine once AG3 is launched.

KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

ah so that was an the forum is after open beta launch LOL.

uhm medieval weapons... hmmm well ther are a few bow and arrows, catapults some times have the own names and you could go to armor too. your site is called ARMOR games so it would fit in to the theme.

so how is the whole open betagoing to work? it seems you would get a lot of poeple saying unfinshed things where buged... you would have to make sherh a lot was up and working... no broken links or any thing like that...
but it seems you guys tind to tame the wild peatty good.

myabe you could make an oficcal TBD seal on any thing that does not work yet, and is also a link so when people click on it it takes them to a page that explanxe it to them why it is there and it is not working... to easy poeple on those things. so even if there was a page with a lot of bugs it could have a seal on all the bugged parts. that way you would not get a lot of poeple commenting on the same thing over and over, but would see the bug but see a TBD seal next too it and would not report it.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Dunno what kind of medieval weapon we're going to once we run out of swords though.

The Arbalest!

Here is a link to help you guys.

I pronounce it ZWY-hander. Either way, it is a cool name.
shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Sounds great. Haven't been on AG for a long while and you guys have sure made great progress.

This is so awesome after what happened with the optimization and we were left in the dark forever. Thanks Ian!

darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

I think the forums are going up sometime after AG3 is released to the public.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

we want to make sure we get bugs fixed faster and more effectively.

*sigh* I guess I have to end my journey earlier than usual ;-)

Do we know when the forums are going up in the beta?

I think the forums are going up sometime after AG3 is released to the public.

The stickies are starving! They want their daily attention! MEOW!
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Larry has a list of medieval swords that we're working through. Dunno what kind of medieval weapon we're going to once we run out of swords though.

Should be enough weapons here and here. I like the Morning star.

Anyway, I haven't been able to test much in the past few months. I do have school break coinciding with the release of Zweihander so I'll be able to tear it apart like crazy.
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

So if you signed up to be a beta tester, when do you receive the email?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

So if you signed up to be a beta tester, when do you receive the email?

When the next release comes E-Mails will be sent out. So you should get yours in a few days when Zweihander launches.
Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

em, wats Zwiehander? I'm confused, cause i just signed up for the AG3 Beta stuff, but, this one is confusing...

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

here you go for pronouncation but put the stress on the hand
http://translate.google.nl/#de|de|zweihander

blackpaladin
blackpaladin
75 posts
Shepherd

its btw a simpel name zwei means two and hander means hands so tadaaaa not that hard :P

Showing 1-15 of 32