ForumsNews and Feedback[necro]AG3 Calendar: April 12, 2011. Codename: Zweihander

32 17275
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

While this is by far my favorite release name to date, I couldn't help but think of this whenever I say zweihander:

http://mollypiper.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/zoolander.jpg

Beginning immediately, we're going to be tackling some bigger projects internally as well as working on AG3, so we're going to be moving to a THREE week release cycle instead of two weeks. This means that our next beta release will happen on April 12, 2011, not April 5th.

At last check, we're about 75% complete with the features we want to have ready for the AG3 launch, and we want to make sure we get bugs fixed faster and more effectively.

On behalf of the webdev team (and heck, the whole company) thanks to everyone who is submitting bug reports, ideas and suggestions, and feedback (good and bad) on AG3 so far, both here in the forums and on Get Satisfaction. It's sooo much easier when our users get involved and give us an extra perspective on our development process.

So far, Release 11 has the following bug fixes and features planned, subject to change of course:

- threaded inbox display to see full conversations, similar to the activity stream
- new activity stream types
- inbox messages aren't deleting properly (James may have already fixed this on our live beta site)
- inbox messages should retain carriage returns for those of us who like to write actual paragraphs in our messages
- other enhancements and features on the Inbox based on feedback
- bugs with the rating widget, enhancements based on feedback
- bug fixes on the utility bar

• 32 Replies
Runescape124
Runescape124
3,028 posts
Nomad

it means two hands? does zwei even mean "two?" cause i've never heard of it, lol

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Zwei is two in the German language.

Anyway I am looking forward to Zweihander.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

So far, we're adding a TON of new activity stream items, such as notifying you about friend request acceptances, game plays, game ratings, and more. Larry has the full list somewhere...

I'll post more info on it a little later.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Rough estimate of what's in the next release:

- clicking on a game icon sometimes ended in a "redirect loop" within your browser.

- updates to the privacy page, added settings for Inbox

- game ratings should be synchronized between the home page and the games' play pages

- bug fix: accepting multiple friend requests would show incorrect text in the yellow display notice

- bug fix: the "long polling" check for new activity stream messages was timing out. Even though we've fixed it, we may rebuild this from scratch for the next release.

- bug fix: an error was displayed while viewing a user profile while you weren't logged in

- bug fix: clicking the 'send message' button from the Utility Bar while on a user's profile only let you send a message to that one user; now you can send a message to any of your friends/followers if you use the Inbox controls on the Utility Bar

- bug fix: utility bar had some blue text showing for some users

- bug fix: pending friend requests were not showing up on the friends/followers tab on the dashboard

- bug fixes with game ratings: locking up your browser, making it look like unrated games were rated a "10", a Chrome-specific bug

- bug fix: carriage returns typed into Inbox messages will be retained and displayed as carriage returns

- bug fix: "following" a user wasn't displaying the usernames

There are also some security/spam things we're going to be fixing/building in this release and the next, since playing a game and rating a game will show up in your activity stream... we want to make sure you're only playing one game at a time, and rating them after you've been playing for a bit, etc.

DaoGao
DaoGao
220 posts
Nomad

Zoolander LOL

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I just got an E-Mail for it and I'm about to clear my cache to see what's new on the site.

I noticed that in the E-Mail there was a spelling mistake. It said "Sushi Car" instead of "Sushi Cat".

Why'd you guys have to take Sushi Cat out?

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I just got the activation code and I'm wondering a few things.

1. How do you add friends? I can't find the button for it anywhere.

2. For some reason, I have a princess armatar. Is there anything I can do about that?

3. I'm following people who don't even have AG3 beta accounts, and there are people following me who I've never even heard of. I've had my account for about 20 minutes and already I have 99 followers. Is there anything I can do about this?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

How do you add friends?

When you go to a users profile there are three buttons to the right. "Message" "Connect" and "Block user". Press connect to see the options that you can do.
For some reason, I have a princess armatar. Is there anything I can do about that?

It's probably like that because you changed it to a princess on AG2. As you can see, mine is a toucan on AG3 Beta, but on AG2 I have a grasshopper. It'll change itself soon enough.
I'm following people who don't even have AG3 beta accounts, and there are people following me who I've never even heard of. I've had my account for about 20 minutes and already I have 99 followers. Is there anything I can do about this?

It's because you have added them as a friend on AG2.
The people that have added you as a friend on AG2 are your followers on AG3. So whoever has added you on here is a follower on there.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

It's probably like that because you changed it to a princess on AG2.

That was weeks ago. You were only a toucan for a few days, as I recall, so it updated at least since then. I wore the princess for about two minutes, and that was when TTICA was still alive.
Pedro97
Pedro97
1,870 posts
Jester

I liked the new features of the site but I think I found a bug. When you click on the up right of the screen on Activity Stream -> Public Square and then click Load More, nothing happens. But when you go in your profile and access Public Square by Dashboard it works fine. Does anyone know what is happening?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Why'd you guys have to take Sushi Cat out?

I believe it was Dan's decision.

When you click on the up right of the screen on Activity Stream -> Public Square and then click Load More, nothing happens.

Yup, that's a bug. James already has that as a to-do item for the next release.
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I can't wait until the new site is released! It should be pretty neat.

John2014
John2014
1 posts
Nomad

Hello Fellow Members,
Just joined.

Have a problem with saving games.
It says it is safe And sometimes I will open the page to see if it is, And yes it is. Now when I open a second time the game is gone

( I do not open the game itself).

Anyone
Thank you
John 2014

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

Please create a new thread in the appropriate Support forum for this issue, so that an admin might be able to help you. The thread you posted in has no relevance to your issue.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

@John2014 welcome to Armor Games, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is not the right place to ask this question. I have provided you with some instruction on your profile with the proper place to go to ask your question. You may also want to check out the Forum Rules and Regulations.

Reton8

Showing 16-30 of 32