ForumsNews and Feedback[dup] Why is there going to be an AG3? (was: Why?)

10 3824
iPineapple
iPineapple
11 posts
Nomad

Why are you guys making a new website?

• 10 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

I once made a comparison of AG2 and AG3. AG3 is simply better and more-efficient. With all the features that both the developing team and AG members want, it will be hard to implement them here without making the system choke. I'm not privy to the details... Simply put, it wouldn't make sense to implement sleek, new features on a system that cannot handle it. AG3 is so much better, I can vouch for that. There are features inside that we wanted, features that the development team are going to add, and best of all, they actually work, in comparison to this current system. We don't have to use makeshift searches--because there's one custom implemented by the team in the new site! I suppose you can always ask Cormyn, since he's an actual developer of the new site. He can always give you the exact details of why they are making the new site, unless he messages here first. I think I'm in the ballpark though.

I would love to tell you all that's inside that's so great, but I'll just point you to this thread. Oh, and don't pay much attention to what Kirby claims. He's a character, that one ;-)

jroyster22
jroyster22
756 posts
Peasant

You both make great points. Thanks for the help!

sodangobsessed
sodangobsessed
200 posts
Nomad

The reason is they just want to improve the website.

europeandeath
europeandeath
33 posts
Nomad

Does this mean any of our accounts are going to go away? Or be dispossed of?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Does this mean any of our accounts are going to go away? Or be dispossed of?

No. The accounts are going to be transferred over to the new site.
europeandeath
europeandeath
33 posts
Nomad

I think with the new version of Armor Games there sould be a system sweep and clean of all members who have been inactive for 6 months or more. Depending on how much they have contributed to the website, i feel that their accounts should be ridded of to clear space for future account and to have an accurate number of members we have here in the Armor Games website.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I don't agree with the idea. You never know when someone's going to log onto their account and do things on the site. And you can't delete people because they don't contribute around the site. They could be playing flash games.

europeandeath
europeandeath
33 posts
Nomad

That makes sense but the point i was trying to put out there is if their account was inactive for a certain period of time say for 6 months?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

That makes sense but the point i was trying to put out there is if their account was inactive for a certain period of time say for 6 months?

right here cormyn said that they won't be deleting old accounts. BUT he did say for the time being!!!
Showing 1-9 of 10