ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1389310
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Mage is being nice and cordial as usual

Been trying to here but it hasn't been made easy. Besides I thought I had the rep of being an intelligent ***hole.
314d1
314d1
3,817 posts
Nomad

Been trying to here but it hasn't been made easy. Besides I thought I had the rep of being an intelligent ***hole.

I thought that was my job?

I have plenty of cookies to pass around, no need to bash me~

Fine, those who bash This can haz cheezeburger.

I started typing this, went away for a few hours, then came back and finished it. And you always get told to play nice because you're always the one with the insults and the bull**** meters and stuff like that. It's almost a custom of mine to tell you to chill out :P

Hey, that's my job...
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

You're an ***hole for being correct, not an ***hole for ***holery :P

Fine, those who bash This can haz cheezeburger.

I'm the salt of the earth - I mean scum.

Cheezburger plox
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Thank you my fellow brothers and sisters of the LORD for all of the support. Just ignore the atheists and let's actually talk about the bible. I have read through Genesis, and I find the story of Jacob really inspiring. What do you guys think about it?

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

You have a reputation for posting youtube links instead of saying anything of substance. Also, for the record, I like you.

This thread is a joke. Pyro posted a story about finding something real. Some lofty truth unique to him, and his life has been improved for it. Figures he would be thrown to the mercy of those who don't understand him. You aggressive nihilists attack his path to truth and think yourselves wiser for it. You see a startling moment of self-discovery and turn it into a crusade against an idea, at the same time cursing those who force their ideas on others. You are not enlightened bringers of the truth. You're blind groping about the darkness for truth and, when you find none, you claw at any shreds of meaning another has found, hating what you don't understand.

Find your own way.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

@E1337, I never said it was, just the first in order of the Holy Book. I have no idea what is put where

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

That's your opinion. Mine is that the only path to real truth is through the belief of Jesus. I pray that all of you will one day be enlightened and see the salvation that I see

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

That's your opinion.
It's not his opinion. That's the point. He just wants to fight.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

You never asked a question

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Because it is the only religion to give true salvation. Look at what happened to and in Jesus' life. He was beaten and crucified to wash away the sins of everyone who believes in him.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Because it is the only religion to give true salvation. Look at what happened to and in Jesus' life. He was beaten and crucified to wash away the sins of everyone who believes in him.

Every other holy book claims the same thing and presents equivalent "evidence" towards their holinesses. What elevates Jesus above all others?
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Every other holy book claims the same thing and presents equivalent "evidence" towards their holinesses. What elevates Jesus above all others?

Fulfillment of many, many prophecies. I don't remember the exact number, but he fulfilled almost all of them. He performed multiple miracles, and rose from the grave. If that isn't proof enough..
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

My question is simple, how do you know your faith is the correct one? How is it more correct then, say, Islam?
Evidence and lack there of. Scientific method. Reason. It works for me.

You ask a question you think integral but isn't actually important. He has his faith, he sees it, he feels it. He is not mindlessly following a path set forth for him. He truly understands something. He doesn't need to explain that to anyone else, even if he is able. It's a personal thing, and-- oh Pyro, you make it so hard to help.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Fulfillment of many, many prophecies. I don't remember the exact number, but he fulfilled almost all of them. He performed multiple miracles, and rose from the grave. If that isn't proof enough..

Examples of the prophecies and what they said so we can be sure they aren't too general. Also, there is equivalent evidence for his resurrection as there is, say, for Muhammad ascending to heaven. There is nothing suggesting that his resurrection is more likely than the ascension/resurrection/reincarnation/whatever of any other messiah ever, from what you have said. Once again - what proves or at least strongly supports that Christianity is correct over any of these other religions?
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I can't give you any &quotroof." There is a thing called faith, and that's what I have. I know that in my heart of hearts that Jesus IS the truth, and that's all that matters. If you choose to not believe, then don't tread on me, but I will pray that Jesus reveals himself to you

Showing 91-105 of 4668