Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Theism and Atheism

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:10pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,975 posts

@E1337, I never said it was, just the first in order of the Holy Book. I have no idea what is put where

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:20pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,975 posts

That's your opinion. Mine is that the only path to real truth is through the belief of Jesus. I pray that all of you will one day be enlightened and see the salvation that I see

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:21pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

That's your opinion.

It's not his opinion. That's the point. He just wants to fight.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:23pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,975 posts

You never asked a question

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:26pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,975 posts

Because it is the only religion to give true salvation. Look at what happened to and in Jesus' life. He was beaten and crucified to wash away the sins of everyone who believes in him.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:27pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

Because it is the only religion to give true salvation. Look at what happened to and in Jesus' life. He was beaten and crucified to wash away the sins of everyone who believes in him.

Every other holy book claims the same thing and presents equivalent "evidence" towards their holinesses.  What elevates Jesus above all others?

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:29pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,975 posts

Every other holy book claims the same thing and presents equivalent "evidence" towards their holinesses.  What elevates Jesus above all others?

Fulfillment of many, many prophecies. I don't remember the exact number, but he fulfilled almost all of them. He performed multiple miracles, and rose from the grave. If that isn't proof enough..

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:30pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,082 posts

My question is simple, how do you know your faith is the correct one? How is it more correct then, say, Islam?

Evidence and lack there of. Scientific method. Reason. It works for me.

You ask a question you think integral but isn't actually important. He has his faith, he sees it, he feels it. He is not mindlessly following a path set forth for him. He truly understands something. He doesn't need to explain that to anyone else, even if he is able. It's a personal thing, and-- oh Pyro, you make it so hard to help.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:31pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

Fulfillment of many, many prophecies. I don't remember the exact number, but he fulfilled almost all of them. He performed multiple miracles, and rose from the grave. If that isn't proof enough..

Examples of the prophecies and what they said so we can be sure they aren't too general.  Also, there is equivalent evidence for his resurrection as there is, say, for Muhammad ascending to heaven.  There is nothing suggesting that his resurrection is more likely than the ascension/resurrection/reincarnation/whatever of any other messiah ever, from what you have said.  Once again - what proves or at least strongly supports that Christianity is correct over any of these other religions?

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:33pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,975 posts

I can't give you any "proof." There is a thing called faith, and that's what I have. I know that in my heart of hearts that Jesus IS the truth, and that's all that matters. If you choose to not believe, then don't tread on me, but I will pray that Jesus reveals himself to you

Reply to Theism and Atheism

You must be logged in to post a reply!