Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Theism and Atheism

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:34pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

You have a reputation for posting youtube links instead of saying anything of substance. Also, for the record, I like you.

I usually do that when I would end up having to type out almost word for word what the video already says.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:35pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

I can't give you any "proof." There is a thing called faith, and that's what I have. I know that in my heart of hearts that Jesus IS the truth, and that's all that matters. If you choose to not believe, then don't tread on me, but I will pray that Jesus reveals himself to you

I understand - I don't want to know why you believe it, I simply want to know why you assert that it is correct.  Do you say it is correct because you believe it, or do you have factual justification?  I don't care which, I'm just curious as to it.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:36pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,978 posts

I love how every time, I want to have a nice discussion with my fellow believers, it turns into a huge flaming and trolling session. I have respected your atheist thread, now please do the same for mine. There is no reason for you all to comment other than to pick a fight.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:39pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

I love how every time, I want to have a nice discussion with my fellow believers, it turns into a huge flaming and trolling session. I have respected your atheist thread, now please do the same for mine. There is no reason for you all to comment other than to pick a fight.

Aw cmon, I just want to know if you think it's correct because you have faith in it, or because you have what you think is sufficient historical justification.  I don't want to argue for or against the validity of your position, I just wanna know why you hold it besides faith, if there is anything else.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:44pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,978 posts

I've said it once. Christianity is the only religion to give true salvation.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

-- John 3:16

Replace "the world" with your name, and replace "His one and only son" with Jesus

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:47pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Fulfillment of many, many prophecies. I don't remember the exact number, but he fulfilled almost all of them.

I hope your not talking about that list of 600+ some odd prophecies that were posted earlier because that was rubbish.

He performed multiple miracles, and rose from the grave.

Since these events are only recorded in the Bible this becomes circular reasoning (which is a fallacy) as you are using the Bible to prove the Bible.

I don't recall anyone requesting theists be barred from that thread. As to why I'm here your using bad logic. I've picked the internet to be my place to take a stand on that, particularly here because I like this forum.

You started with your personal story dealing with religion, perhaps you might like to hear mine?

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:48pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,978 posts

I really don't cause all you want to do is troll

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:49pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

-- John 3:16

I still don't see how human sacrifice equates to salvation or even why it would be needed from a being like a God.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:49pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,978 posts

I still don't see how human sacrifice equates to salvation or even why it would be needed from a being like a God

Because he lived a sinless life

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:51pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Because he lived a sinless life

Why does that make a difference and I hope that troll comment wasn't directed at me.

Reply to Theism and Atheism

You must be logged in to post a reply!