Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Theism and Atheism

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:52pm

Darkroot

Darkroot

2,549 posts

I love how every time, I want to have a nice discussion with my fellow believers, it turns into a huge flaming and trolling session. I have respected your atheist thread, now please do the same for mine. There is no reason for you all to comment other than to pick a fight.

That's not true, atheist endure the same "abuse" as you do. But most of it do not mind having a civil logical conversation to test our beliefs and strengthen our understanding of ourselves and the world we perceive is around us.

Also people usually comment on something they believe is untrue, if everyone just agreed with each other we would not get anywhere intellectually. If you don't like to argue then it's better to not talk to anyone since each individual has their own personal opinion.
If someone thinks something I think or do is wrong I welcome them to talk about it in a civil and logical manner.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:52pm

314d1

314d1

3,510 posts

Because he lived a sinless life

Assuming that somehow by some logic means that a human/god sacrifice will bring salvation, that still does not explain why it was necessary. If your god is omnipotent and able to control his own rules, he could just forgive without death.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 11:54pm

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,978 posts

Why does that make a difference

Much like the early Jews would sacrifice a pure lamb, with no spots, pure white. The blood of a sinless man is the only thing that could bear all of the sins that God has put upon them.

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 12:00am

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,061 posts

Wolf's Link on Why Creation is Wrong.

Once more I have left for a few hours only to return to read through pages of bull****. Right now I feel like hurting about everyone who called evolution a religion.

I'm not going to go into a lot of detail for you, because I don't feel like wasting my go**** time trying to beat sense into people denser than lead!

So, allow me to clarify one last time.

1. Until there is a RATIONAL argument this is not a debate. I used to be on a debate team. Some idiot decided to use faith as an argument during one of the debates. Want to know what happened? He lost for not having an argument!

2. Evolution is a scientific theory based on fact. Hard to understand I know. The big bad scientist is trying to send you to the devil by making you THINK!

3. Jeol, stop either being deliberately stupid, or just plain stupid. It's trolling, it's annoying and it causes me to lose what little respect I had for you.

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 12:00am

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

I've said it once. Christianity is the only religion to give true salvation.

I am wondering if you believe that only because of your faith or if you have what you think is factual justification for that - ie something besides the Bible, as believing that is faith-based.

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 12:09am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Much like the early Jews would sacrifice a pure lamb, with no spots, pure white. The blood of a sinless man is the only thing that could bear all of the sins that God has put upon them.

How does a physical action have an effect on something that is suppose to be spiritual? As 314d1 asked why couldn't God absolve this sin without the need for death? Is this just one of those things we aren't really suppose to think to much about and is without an actual answer beyond "just take it on faith"?

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 12:13am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

Umm, I asked that.
Seriously, this is like the third time someone misquoted me for him.

Sorry about that.

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 12:17am

314d1

314d1

3,510 posts

Umm, I asked that.
Seriously, this is like the third time someone misquoted me for him.

Actually, I said that as well. For the record, you are using the avatar I used to use.

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 12:40am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,667 posts

Knight

I think these are rather appropriate for the situation.

"Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense."-Carl Sagan

"The truth of our faith becomes a matter of ridicule among the infidels if any Catholic, not gifted with the necessary scientific learning, presents as dogma what scientific scrutiny shows to be false."-Thomas Aquinas

Posted Mar 30, '11 at 1:05am

thepyro222

thepyro222

1,978 posts

http://www.gospeloutreach.net/whychristianity.html

Also, If you want more proof, spend 15 bucks and get "top 10 proofs Christianity is the only true religion"
http://toptenproofs.com/

Reply to Theism and Atheism

You must be logged in to post a reply!