ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1386028
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

I already showed early on in this thread that there are mistakes in the Bible.

Just provide links again, Mage...they won't search through 8 pages just to watch the video I'm guessing.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

Here you go, fifteen bucks and all of your questions will be answered.

Enlightenment...
Problem - what we're not revealing to you is that we HAVE looked them up, and they fail. There are blatant fallacies in them. For instance:
Anselm's argument - existence nor perfection are properties of objects
Teleological argument - doesn't preclude evolution, and it doesn't prove anything; it merely suggests.
Any others?
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Read Lee Strobel, listen to the Top 10 proof CD's.

Are you going to appeal to Ray Comfort and his Banana next? Lee Strrobel has been debunked by many already.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

If you're looking for logical proof, look for it for yourself.

It it because there is none?

Read Lee Strobel, listen to the Top 10 proof CD's.

Don't you have any empirical and free evidence for your religion? One that stands up to the harsh realities of the world and logic. Also don't post about the top 10 proof CD's, I know you require to spend money to buy a single CD from one person to re affair you faith but I would require a thousand logically sound CD's to consider it. But since I don't want to trap myself in a logically null hole and increase their business I'll decline and just ask for some good free links to logical arguments.

But all scientists have done is extrapolate 15 billion years ago, and squeezed everything into a tiny dot. You're going from nothing to the entire universe. Explain that.

First of all it's not nothing, it's just a lot of energy and imploded, during that process subatomic particles formed then elements during the cooling process of the universe.

Actually, people memorized these stories to the dot until they tell them, because this is something so important. The first Generation would have told the second generation exactly how it happened, the second generation would have told the third generation, It was too important to just make mistakes

Wow really? That goes against anything I know about psychology and even computers can't transfer information without mistakes! That's amazing, why can't christians memorize the bible since it's that important?

If you're really looking for answers, spend ten bucks and get the Top Ten Proofs for God's Existence.

No advertisements, or referral links to other services

You've been advertising that long enough, it's against the site rules.
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

So there is stuff that is wrong in the bible?
You can't prove them wrong. I state there could be stuff that's wrong, and if there are self-contradictions within the Bible's texts, this is a possible explanation.
2- God was not created, He was always there. However, if God existed in perpetuum your argument is erroneous, ergo there has NOT to be a creator for there to be a creation.
If God is always there, this means God is not a creation, this means the protested argument does not apply to Him. So still, every creation must have a creator, while God is not a creation. Anything "ergo 2" is based on false.
I can't just all-on-a-whim "choose" to believe that: x > x.
Sure you cannot, because this can be proven false. While you can choose to believe in something that can't be proven true or false RIGHT NOW. Say, I'd say that there will be an earthquake within 6 months in California. You can't prove this true or false immediately, you have to wait. So you either believe in this or not.
Why should we not-see but believe? Isn't this promoting irrationality?
Basically, yes, since you cannot determine from your own investigations whether God exists. You can see miracles and don't believe in them being divine, this is your CHOICE in fact So, you don't see God, and you cannot see God. So blessed you are if you believe while not seeing.
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Just provide links again, Mage...they won't search through 8 pages just to watch the video I'm guessing.

Page 4, not a video. But I can post one making basically the same argument.
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

This is wrong, there is geological proof of floods in Mesopothamia and nearby regions, which were strong enough to literally wiple the land of humanity. Still, there's a word "oecumena" in the Bible's text describing the flood, which stands for "known world", which was way smaller back there.

Source of Mesopotamian flood? I hate this question, but it's necessary for factual claims.
Please check Fatima's miracle, it's heavily documented and proven by 70000 eyewitnesses. Will this count as valid?

If this were true, then doesn't this imply a contradiction with reality. And contradictions cannot occur. BTW - I'm revising the proof so that I use reductionism, not determinism.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I just had an interesting idea... It's not my responsibility to prove to you that God exists. Look at it this way...

You're walking on the street and you see a few hundred toothpicks on the road. Those toothpicks spell out your name. You look up at the adjacent building and on the fourth story window you see the window open and a box of toothpicks resting on the window ledge. Another person walks up to you and sees what you see. You tell them "look at these tooth picks, someone must have placed these like this." And the other guy says "no, they just happened to fall like that." this is what everything else says other than intelligent design. Complexity and intelligence can't just happen. Scientists can't prove that life came from non life. It has NEVER happened. Saying things just happened is like saying that the wind carved the spinx and the mona lisa just "happened." Look at the human body, and deny that it's more complex than the toothpicks, or the spinx, or the mona lisa. It's ovious logic that someone must have done these things. Things just don't happen. It's logic. Why are you willing to believe that the more complex just happened and the less complex was created?

Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

You're walking on the street and you see a few hundred toothpicks on the road. Those toothpicks spell out your name

I'm walking on the street and I see a few hundred toothpicks, that could form any variety of shapes, each with their own meaning, and in each situation, people will think that they have been placed there, even if they were not.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I'm walking on the street and I see a few hundred toothpicks, that could form any variety of shapes, each with their own meaning, and in each situation, people will think that they have been placed there, even if they were not.

Exactly, so why are you willing to argue that the less complex was created by intelligent design, and the more complex: the human body, the universe, everything, just sort of happened?
Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

Evolution proof (descent with modification)

1) There will be genetic variation within a population.
2) There is inheritance within a population, in which the offspring inherit traits from their parents.
3) There will be certain traits that benefit survival and reproduction more than other traits.
4) Over time, we can observe traits that benefit survival and reproduction to be more common than other traits, as these traits directly increase the chance that these traits will be passed on to offspring.

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I'm not arguing the possibility of evolution. I'm arguing how life came from non life and how complexities just happen. Micro evolution, I do agree with

Einfach
Einfach
1,448 posts
Nomad

Exactly, so why are you willing to argue that the less complex was created by intelligent design, and the more complex: the human body, the universe, everything, just sort of happened?

You misunderstood my rejection.
Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

Complexity and intelligence can't just happen.

Sure they can it's called evolution pretty well proven theory.

We can't say the universe just happened (yet) but how can you say that your God created it.
Showing 226-240 of 4668