ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1385362
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

There is no possibility that the clock is going to come together.

It is possible if a clock had the same properties that life has. Though clocks don't so your argument here is just absurd.

Evolution IS a Blind Watchmaker

Ok, I'll give you that, but we put it together, thus... wait for it.... INTELLIGENT DESIGN!!!

Though still no God. and there is nothing indicating that such an event couldn't happen naturally if given enough time.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

It is possible if a clock had the same properties that life has. Though clocks don't so your argument here is just absurd.

Actually it's quite logical.

Though still no God. and there is nothing indicating that such an event couldn't happen naturally if given enough time.

Again, I can't give definite proof of God. You're basically asking for a video tape and anything else will just not do. I gave you the proof logically, and if you want more, I gave links, spend fifteen bucks, get the CD, and take a listen. Otherwise, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

And on you video, I was disproving that everything that was created just happened. I believe that things evolve, that's not a question. I'm arguing that God created the heavens and the Earth.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

If we are going to get into probability I suggest going here as it has a very nice java based widget showing how when we apply the methods used by these material that life is based on the odds become far more likely.

http://www.creationtheory.org/Probability/Page03.xhtml

Basically we get to keep our correct hits.

So instead of trying to get 10 6's on a single roll of the dice we get to keep the six's we previously rolled.

Darkroot
Darkroot
2,763 posts
Peasant

There is no possibility that the clock is going to come together. By your scientists, the universe came together in about 15 billion years. You really think that if you shake a coffee tin filled with clock parts it's going to come together? listen to yourself man! there is no possibility, and even if there is, the chance is going to be so minuscule that it's sick you still try to argue this

Actually there is a possibility and it's probably not as small as you think. If you think in a more relative timescale. Actually I don't think probabilities are sick at all, they are quite fun and once you understand them miracles lose all face value.

I gave links, spend fifteen bucks, get the CD, and take a listen. Otherwise, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing

Nice argument, here have link x spend twenty buck on random x and do x to it for several hours only to find it's useless. If you don't do this then your a troll and all your arguments are null and void.

But yeah I have an research essay to write on empirical evidence that is logically carried out and the probabilities look grim for randomly mashing my keyboard for a 2'000 word essay in only a few days. Thought entirely possible given a quantum computer and several millions of years.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Actually it's quite logical

Nah, even the clock has a possibility to repair itself. Wa have been taught that entropy can only rise, but actually it isn't true, it's just extremely probable. For example if you put an ice cream in a hot room it will probably melt, but it also has a possibility to freeze again.
There are other examples of cases when the logical fact happens not ALWAYS but just with a huge frequency. For example the quantistic theory says that if there are two rooms divided by a wall and you throw a particle to the wall, it will probably stay in the same room but it have also a chance to get in the another.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Basically, all that thing is saying is that its more probable if we are able to save something. Well, I submit that the LIVING bacteria weren't able to save. If they got it wrong, they died and had to start over. I'm still wondering as to how life came from non life? And again, I can't give you a video of God in the Heavens, or a video of Jesus being crucified. All I'm saying is do a little digging, and you'll find information that is very logical and it supports the existence of God, as well as the existence of Jesus. 2000 years ago, when Jesus was crucified and revived, how come there have been no documents found that refute this claim? maybe 600 years after, but at the time, and in the short few years, there are no documents refuting the death and resurrection of Jesus.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Again, I can't give definite proof of God. You're basically asking for a video tape and anything else will just not do. I gave you the proof logically, and if you want more, I gave links, spend fifteen bucks, get the CD, and take a listen. Otherwise, you're just arguing for the sake of arguing

your arguments have been fallacies. You have presented nothing new, just the same debunked stuff.

And on you video, I was disproving that everything that was created just happened. I believe that things evolve, that's not a question. I'm arguing that God created the heavens and the Earth.

Earth formed through the interaction of gravitational forces. We have also observed that matter in space naturally clumps. This was done by an experiment done by adding salt and sugar to a bag of water that was brought into space. The universe we've already been over.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Nah, even the clock has a possibility to repair itself. Wa have been taught that entropy can only rise, but actually it isn't true, it's just extremely probable. For example if you put an ice cream in a hot room it will probably melt, but it also has a possibility to freeze again.
There are other examples of cases when the logical fact happens not ALWAYS but just with a huge frequency. For example the quantistic theory says that if there are two rooms divided by a wall and you throw a particle to the wall, it will probably stay in the same room but it have also a chance to get in the another.

I'm not understanding where you're going with this.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I'm still wondering as to how life came from non life?

Well your clock example was a very good one, actually.
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

@Mage you're arguing for the sake of arguing again. You're telling me, again that everything just randomly happens. Look at my former posts, I've went over this already, and I'm done trying to prove God to you. My turn to be closed minded, disprove God to me.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Sorry, epic ninjas in this thread.

I'm going to say that your clock example was a good metaphor of how life created from non life, and I posted that to explain that even if it seems impossible it becomes possible if you think that there were billions and billions of years for the life to begin.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

I submit that the LIVING bacteria weren't able to save. If they got it wrong, they died and had to start over.

Most incorrect hits have no effect so you can save.

I'm still wondering as to how life came from non life?

That guy who did the blind watch maker video has videos explaing this process with pictures.
Certain chemical compounds came together forming protein structures that eventually became self replicating.
vesperbot
vesperbot
955 posts
Nomad

The universe we've already been over.
Wrong, you haven't debated my arguments about complete lack of knowledge and theories about the first 1e-15 seconds of the universe's existence. God does not need anything more to create the universe, you know
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

@Mage you're arguing for the sake of arguing again. You're telling me, again that everything just randomly happens.

No I'm not. I wish you would knock off these fallacies. I will concede that there were random elements but the entire process is not random.

My turn to be closed minded, disprove God to me.

It's not closed mindedness when your "evidence" are a bunch of fallacies. And you should know **** well asking this is also a fallacy. Your making the positiveness claim so you have to provide the evidence. The Bible says so isn't evidence. fallacies that don't prove anything such as the cosmological argument are not evidence.
Showing 256-270 of 4668