ForumsWEPRTheism and Atheism

4668 1389263
thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

I grew up atheist for 16 years. I had always kept an open mind towards religion, but never really felt a need to believe in it. My sister started going to a Wednesday night children's program at a church. Eventually, I was dragged into a Christmas Eve service. Scoffing, I reluctantly went, assuming that this was going to be a load of crap, but when I went, I felt something. Something that I've never felt before. I felt a sense of empowerment and a sense of calling. Jesus called upon my soul, just like he did with his disciples. he wanted me to follow him. Now, my life is being lived for Christ. He died on the cross for my sins, and the sins of everyone who believes in him. He was beaten, brutalized, struck with a whip 39 times, made to carry a cross up to the stage of his death. This I believe to be true, and I can never repay him for what he has done.
I still have my struggles with Christianity, but I've found this bit of information most useful. Religion is not comprehensible in the human mind, because we cannot comprehend the idea of a perfect and supreme being, a God, but we can believe it in our heart, and that's the idea of faith. Faith is, even though everything rides against me believing in Jesus, I still believe in him because I know that it's true in my heart. I invite my fellow Brothers and sisters of the LORD to talk about how Jesus has helped you in your life. No atheists and no insults please

• 4,668 Replies
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

That doesn't mean it's there either. If we are to believe in something because it lacks evidence then we should believe in magic pixies, pink unicorns, Thor, Zeus and a slew of other absurd claims.

you forgot to add evolution
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

you forgot to add evolution

I'm guessing your trying to start something, very Christian of you.
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

No, i adding what you forgot, make what you will of it though.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

You're saying that Evolution is an absurd claim, even though there are mountains of evidence for the theory, while continuous amounts of evidence are being given in regular intervals? I'll commend you for the lolz, but you must remember that Evolution is not a thing, it is a theory. That's what sets it apart from unicorns and other fantasmal creatures, which takes both your lulz, and your credibility, away. :-)

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

which takes both your lulz, and your credibility, away. :-)

nobody has credibitily on this site
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I think i'll just sit back and attempt to not die from laughing at all of this.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

im glad we made you happy

wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

Wolf's favourite part of this "debate" so far:

-Seeing evolution called a religion
-seeing people not understand basic philosophy
-Seeing my own historical arguments ignored

mysteriousmexican666
mysteriousmexican666
318 posts
Nomad

All of these debates end the same... No side gains ANY leverage over the other... That's why I'm not going to post on these things anymore

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

-Seeing evolution called a religion

Every time I see them do this I can't help but to think of this.

Deuteronomy 5:20
Neither shalt thou bear false witness against thy neighbour.

And at this point I do think it's intentional.
cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

All of these debates end the same... No side gains ANY leverage over the other... That's why I'm not going to post on these things anymore

Don't forget have the stuff you post is ignored!

Cow's favourite part of this "debate" so far

-Recording a record-high 'ignorants' thrown loosely between opposing sides
-finding long links that no one reads
-sarcasm
-It's an Eagle!
MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

-finding long links that no one reads

Which is mostly the theists.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I know i've read most of the links put on here, but if they're more than 2-3 pages I generally don't have time to read them through, I just skim.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Which is mostly the theists.

Now lets not point fingers, you had a few pretty lenghy ones
Cinna
Cinna
753 posts
Nomad

Dude I want to shake your cyber hand.
Showing 301-315 of 4668