Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Theism and Atheism

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 2:24pm

Holladay15

Holladay15

253 posts

Now, I was reading this thread and who ever originated this thread no worries all this is for the glory of God. Now whether you believe in God is irrelevant, proof of God we can go on forever because proof is what is known to man not what is actually there for example the world people thought that the earth was flat because there was no proof that existed otherwise just because the proof is there or isn't doesn't mean anything. Now NEEDING proof or evidence to believe God is a completely is was this thread is about. science wouldn't exist if there wasn't that one "crazy guy" that believed in something like Christopher Columbus. There wouldn't be a lot of the things we have today if there wasn't that one indifferent person that said "Hey wouldn't it be cool if there was a device the froze a moment and printed it on paper" what do you think people thought about them. Those situation is no different from what we are having now. Faith in the dictionary means "belief that is not based on proof". Now I'm not trying to make anyone open their heart to Jesus because in the bible is says he will knock and he will dine with you if YOU choose to open not me that the guy above you not your parents YOU but, dont flame this guy for having faith in God. A God that does exist a God who intervenes for his CHILDREN not for his creation notice how i say that he loves all his creation but, intervenes for his children not everyone are his children it says in the bible "Many are called few are chosen" so, yes there are tragedy in the world yes there is war but, that because he knock but, people chose to not open the door and all these bad things are for the glory of God because when it comes to the point where things get impossible when it gets to the point where everyone is crying for a miracle that's when he comes in he doesn't come in when something is possible what would be the point he comes in when something is impossible and i notice how some people says "even if there was a God what is the point of following if all you want is to go to heaven" its not only for that spot in the book of life. It for the love its because he is my father, he is my creator even if the world might abandon me even if my own parents that I am blessed with were to hate me even if the times get tough and I have no more strength I know that My Savior Jesus Christ has already conquered the world, That my God has all the love for me and that he does have the strength. So, just because you might not have faith don't mess with this Christian follower because you know what he is a Child of God and No one messes with a child of God.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 2:26pm

thisisnotanalt

thisisnotanalt

8,475 posts

3. Looking at you, salvation appears near-impossible

You're making yourself look like a hypocrite by chastising the Christian guy about being illogical, and then throwing ad hominem arguments at him.  Don't be an idiot.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 2:27pm

Highfire

Highfire

2,936 posts

FYI, they won't stop. It might be best to ignore them. Unless you really want to. but realize, it's you (and maybe me) against the two thousand of them (give or take a little). Not many Christians are on here - at least argue on here - anymore. And try not to insult them - they take it very seriously.

Last sentence makes me think it's trolling.

Christianity is really that bad now. :

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 2:56pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Especially this one. Mentioning the hanging,

Okay But what about the money? One telling Judas buys a piece of land with the sliver to hang himself (odd real estate decision), the other he throws the money on the ground then the chief priest takes the money and buys the land. You can't use the money to buy a plot of land and throw it on the ground.

Matthew 27:3-8
Then Judas, which had betrayed him (Jesus), when he saw that he was
condemned, repented himself, and brought again the thirty pieces of
silver to the chief priests and elders. Saying, I have sinned in that I have betrayed the innocent blood. And they said, What is that to us? see thou to that. And he cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief priests took the silver pieces and said, It is not lawful for to put them into the treasury, because it is the price of blood. And they took counsel, and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in. Wherefore that field was called, The field of blood, unto this day.

Acts 1:16-19
Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus. For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry. Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out. And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The Field of Blood.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 3:07pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,673 posts

Knight

Mage. Please, do not try to argue, it will actually annoy me seeing his reactions because no matter what he does, I am positive I will not be happy with it.

I make no guarantees.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 3:07pm

mysteriousmexican666

mysteriousmexican666

289 posts

One, why do you believe in the bible over any other religion? Fromy my point of view they all appear equally valid, what makes one more so than the other?

Mainly because I was born into it, but now that I'm older and I look at other religions, Christianity makes the most sense to me.Two, do you actually hear voices, or is it all in feelings? Or do you not feel anything, but just trust that he is there?

All of the above. Sometimes he "speaks" through events and sometimes I get an idea and it's like he's speaking me through that. Other times I get a feeling as though my soul is combining with others and reaching God.

Three, Why is/was Rock and Roll considered the Devil's music?

Lol that's mainly old people. I think that they are jealous because the music they listen to in church is horrible compared to rock and roll

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 3:12pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,572 posts

Now, I was reading this thread and who ever originated this thread no worries all this is for the glory of God. Now whether you believe in God is irrelevant, proof of God we can go on forever because proof is what is known to man not what is actually there for example the world people thought that the earth was flat because there was no proof that existed otherwise just because the proof is there or isn't doesn't mean anything. Now NEEDING proof or evidence to believe God is a completely is was this thread is about. science wouldn't exist if there wasn't that one "crazy guy" that believed in something like Christopher Columbus. There wouldn't be a lot of the things we have today if there wasn't that one indifferent person that said "Hey wouldn't it be cool if there was a device the froze a moment and printed it on paper" what do you think people thought about them. Those situation is no different from what we are having now. Faith in the dictionary means "belief that is not based on proof". Now I'm not trying to make anyone open their heart to Jesus because in the bible is says he will knock and he will dine with you if YOU choose to open not me that the guy above you not your parents YOU but, dont flame this guy for having faith in God. A God that does exist a God who intervenes for his CHILDREN not for his creation notice how i say that he loves all his creation but, intervenes for his children not everyone are his children it says in the bible "Many are called few are chosen" so, yes there are tragedy in the world yes there is war but, that because he knock but, people chose to not open the door and all these bad things are for the glory of God because when it comes to the point where things get impossible when it gets to the point where everyone is crying for a miracle that's when he comes in he doesn't come in when something is possible what would be the point he comes in when something is impossible and i notice how some people says "even if there was a God what is the point of following if all you want is to go to heaven" its not only for that spot in the book of life. It for the love its because he is my father, he is my creator even if the world might abandon me even if my own parents that I am blessed with were to hate me even if the times get tough and I have no more strength I know that My Savior Jesus Christ has already conquered the world, That my God has all the love for me and that he does have the strength. So, just because you might not have faith don't mess with this Christian follower because you know what he is a Child of God and No one messes with a child of God.

Holladay, two things. One, saying proof 50 times in one sentence doesn't do anything for your argument. Two, learn to hit the period key once in awhile, reading that block nearly drove me crazy.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 3:13pm

Holladay15

Holladay15

253 posts

Well, a lot of the rock and roll didnt have much of a great....message lets say but not all rock and roll artist but, a lot of them and the white people churches like the pure american churches i have to admit they are quite dull but, my church is full of hispanics we always play funk and pop and i play bass guitar for my youth and we pplay rock, po-rock, progressive rock

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 5:01pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,061 posts

Holladay25. Saying that there is proof, but not elaborating on said proof does not work. It proves nothing. Furthermore the burden of said proof does rest with you, the religious community, because you are asserting the claim. Think of a court of law. The attorney accussing the suspect must prove the suspect is guilt because the attorney for the prosecution is the one making a claim.

Posted Mar 29, '11 at 5:07pm

Holladay15

Holladay15

253 posts

Didn't my response just explain faith is a belief in something with out evidence did i not explain how our world is made up of many inventions that took faith. how about this re-read it and come back to me on that

Reply to Theism and Atheism

You must be logged in to post a reply!