Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Theism and Atheism

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 1:09pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,305 posts

Knight

I will agree about one thing there could of been other ways to make or sins forgiven.

One person had to die for all of are sins to be forgiven

Trying to defend your belief with arguments is already hard (as belief is nothing mroe than belief), but if you do, please try to be consistent at least. Why did anyone have to die just to prove a god's love? And why can so many people in modern times apparently experience gods love without killing their sons or whatever?

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 1:16pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

You can't see the person live agin because it is their spirt not their body

Then how do you know there is a spirit or afterlife? What proof for those claims do you have?

God loved the so much that he gave his only son.

Except, he didn't need to. He could have done something better, which caused no suffering. He could have just shown the light to everyone.

Actually, what we're arguing about right now is basically how God fixed a hole in the boat. Thing is though, God made that boat with the hole in it.

If someone pushes you off a cliff and rescues your broken body, does that make them a savior? No. So why does God play that role?

He created us as we are, as sinners. By definition of omnipotent, he MUST have known that we would sin. Thus he intentionally made us fall by providing the random tree (really, what reason did God have to make that tree?). Then he "rescues" us by having us mindlessly worship him. I don't know about you, but even if such a figure exists (which we have no proof for) I think God is a horrible being and I wouldn't want to follow him anyways if he's how the Bible portrays him.

Not even going into how it's impossible for two humans to breed an entire race anyways, we'd be so inbred that we would die off in a few generations. The whole idea is flawed from the start at every turn...

I forgot to include this in the list of questions too.

"Oh? So your church doesn't tell you mankind are all inherently sinners and that without God's grace we would go to hell? (or at least, not go to heaven)"

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 1:25pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

This life is a test that a lot of people are failing we came here because god wanted to see if we would keep the commandments or not.

In haven we agreed to come down to earth for a physical body. So thats why we sin because we forgot everything when we came to earth. Amen Brothers Amen.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 1:36pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

This life is a test that a lot of people are failing we came here because god wanted to see if we would keep the commandments or not.

In other words, God is playing a random and pointless games with souls he creates and tortures them for all eternity if they fail. Soooo loving, am I right?

In haven we agreed to come down to earth for a physical body.

I don't remember that. By the way, exactly what denomination do you follow...?

How do you know this anyways?

So thats why we sin because we forgot everything when we came to earth.

Do you really not see how ridiculous the things you're saying are?

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 2:04pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

I learned this stuff at church you should try going to church and learn all the things I am stuff.

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 2:21pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

2,534 posts

I learned this stuff at church you should try going to church and learn all the things I am stuff.

most of the atheists on here (including me) are former churchgoers. that claim won't get you anywhere.

-Blade

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 2:27pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

Thank you for telling me this for the 5th time.

Let me remind, for the 4th time, that I have gone to church before. I have never heard anything about us already being in Heaven and being sent down to Earth. Everything else you've said I've responded to and you've ignored those responses or just regurgitated baseless teachings.

I shall again ask, what denomination are you?

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 2:40pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

I shall again ask, what denomination are you?

Nevermind, I remembered that on your first post you stated you were a Mormon.

Which leads me to another question. How do you know that being a Mormon is right, instead of another branch of Christianity? Or Islam or Judaism? Or something that isn't even an Abrahamic religion?

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 3:44pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,477 posts

because god wanted to see if we would keep the commandments or not.

Why are the commandments the only rules Christians keep from the OT? Why not the hundreds of other nonsensical laws?

In haven we agreed to come down to earth for a physical body.

Do you have any evidence or scripture to back this claim?

So thats why we sin because we forgot everything when we came to earth.

If everyone sins and everyone forgot everything, how would you know about it?

Posted Dec 8, '12 at 3:46pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,477 posts

Also on the commandments, the 'no work on the sabbath' law. Would you still stone a person for working on Sunday?

Reply to Theism and Atheism

You must be logged in to post a reply!