Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Theism and Atheism

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 12:31am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,103 posts

so do tell me, why the hell do people keep talking about christianity. you know, if christianity was a secret religion, if people stopped talking about it and only teach family members about it (or simply not even that and just let it die) then everybody would automatically go to heaven. in a way, the religion just calls out for its destruction with this stupid rule

Funny..I actually had someone I know straight up tell me "They would go to Hell still..since they don't worship Jesus"

I asked how that is fair and the response was "Well that's why it is up to us [Christians] (not me in the 'us') to spread His word"

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 3:59am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,798 posts

Knight

Some go with "They were unbelievers, worshipping false gods. If they were good, they would've put the lamb's (?) blood on their doors. They had a way to be spared and they chose not to."

There would have been children unable to put blood on their door, that would still be the parents. Further more this only makes this God more petty for killing someone simply for not believing. At any rate their deaths were done because of what someone else was doing.

Funny..I actually had someone I know straight up tell me "They would go to Hell still..since they don't worship Jesus"

So this person believes billions of people have gone to hell for never having the chance to hear about God?

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 4:13am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,475 posts

"They would go to Hell still..since they don't worship Jesus"

There are examples of pre-Jesus people being sent to heaven, such as Enoch, who couldn't have known Jesus. Apart from that, most would counter that with Matt 25:31-46 which judges based purely on actions, as Jesus sees doing good things for the disadvantaged as doing good things to him. But, again, this shows the lack of need for spreading the Word.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 2:51pm

Lanod

Lanod

28 posts

i dont believe in god but i find all your posts fairly touching

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 3:32am

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

I realize that this thread, the content in it, and the arguments given have all occurred so many times that what I am about to do is beating the proverbial horse which has already been beaten into Jell-o, but..

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 3:34am

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

...and I accidentally submitted to soon.

Anyways,
If you only ever click one link from this thread, click this one.

In the article linked, basically every point is neatly and clearly covered in regards to skepticism. All of our arguments stem from this thought process.

Posted May 18, '13 at 4:21am

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

Islam had been created when the first human beings came(not apes or primates as you guys think) Hazrat Adam was the first human being and first Prophet or messenger of Allah and Islam wasnt the making of any ordinary human being

How do you know this? Because your holy book tells you so? How do you know it's right? Because it came from God? How do you know it came from God? Because it says it did? How do you know it's right?

This is called circular reasoning, wherein you use the source to prove itself. It is not a valid form of argument. Scripture does not constitute as proof because that is where you claims are coming from.

If you want to prove your religion, you need to find evidence. This could be any number of things. However, it has been proven, among a great many things, that:

1) Humanity could not possibly have come from two people. The genepool would be too small and the incestuous offspring would result in fatal deformities eventually.
2) The earth is older than 6000 years.
3) The vast fossil record shows that organisms change over time.
4) The order in which everything is created in the Old Testament is quite frankly asinine.

Posted May 18, '13 at 4:25am

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

Read the Quran everything is written in there,ask any muslim Allah is the one who gives babys

Where in the process of conception is God involved? Yes, I know you think he does, you don't need to repeat yourself. But where? When the ovaries and subsequent eggs are developed in-utero? When the semen is produced inside the testicles? When it's combined with an ovum? At the first cell division? After the heart starts beating? After the brain starts working? After the lungs are developed? After the baby is born?

Because those are all biological processes and I see God nowhere in them.

Posted May 18, '13 at 4:35am

mbbs112

mbbs112

196 posts

If you want to prove your religion, you need to find evidence. The guy who created this thread is now a true believer, okay Kasic you want evidence i have evidence like i said read any Islamic book or the Quran and you'll see that Allah has written the revelations as there are many rules such as no alcohol no adultery no quarrels or other bad things are forbidden in Islam,a lot of things which atheists like you do which results in accidents for example God wrote not to drink alcohol,they get in a car accident,not to abuse women they get arrested by the police so as you think that a human wrote this thats not possible because nobody would be that wise or just as Allah is for he even wrote revelations about things that will happen and they indeed happen for example,you might know about Hazrat Nuh who built the Ark at the command of Allah and warned him that a great storm is coming and even told the unbelievers but they didn't believe so they died and the believers were saved.Many of the things which are forbidden by Allah is happening often today so on the judgment day they will be punished,i hope you too will stop being a atheist

Posted May 18, '13 at 4:53am

Kasic

Kasic

5,746 posts

The guy who created this thread is now a true believer,

I'm not sure what happened with Pyro and his beliefs, but they're irrelevant.

By the numbers, more theists become atheists than atheists become theists. They still have absolutely nothing to do with whether what they believe is right.

Kasic you want evidence i have evidence like i said read any Islamic book or the Quran

Ahem. "This is called circular reasoning, wherein you use the source to prove itself. It is not a valid form of argument. Scripture does not constitute as proof because that is where you claims are coming from."

there are many rules such as no alcohol no adultery no quarrels or other bad things are forbidden in Islam,

What's wrong with alcohol?

example God wrote not to drink alcohol,they get in a car accident,

Note that it's against the law to drink and drive. It's also stupid. Has nothing to do with God's validity.

not to abuse women they get arrested by the police

Ah, here's a fun point. Moral stages of development.

Is it wrong to abuse women because you'll get in trouble, or do you get in trouble for abusing women because it's wrong? Your argument implies the first. Which is entirely wrong. You shouldn't abuse anyone, not just women, regardless of whether you get arrested afterwards.

so as you think that a human wrote this thats not possible because nobody would be that wise

Uh, it really doesn't take a whole lot of thought to realize hurting people = they dislike you = conflict = more hurt = bad.

Is not proof for any gods, much less your particular one.

you might know about Hazrat Nuh who built the Ark at the command of Allah and warned him that a great storm is coming and even told the unbelievers but they didn't believe so they died and the believers were saved.

Noah's Ark...wonderful. Here's a list of how ridiculous it is.

1) Two of every animal in the world could not fit on the specified boat, much less with room for Noah's family, food for all the animals, or ways to remove waste.
2) No species can come from two of any kind. Genetic pool limitation again.
3) Amount of water on earth cannot cover all landmass.
4) Rate of rainfall to cover earth in 40 days would be so torretial the boat would sink.
5) Where did all the water come from?
6) Where did all the water go?
7) How did all the animals get to the ark?

Then we get into the moral implications. Noah's flood would have meant the death of unborn babies. Somewhere out there were pregnant women, simply by statistics. I thought you said any type of abortion was wrong?

so on the judgment day they will be punished,

I'll keep my eyes peeled. Nothing yet, maybe in the next twenty centuries.

Reply to Theism and Atheism

You must be logged in to post a reply!