Nomad

witch is the best, wii or ps3?
i like wii.

• 320 Replies
kell84
kell84
241 posts
Nomad

WII rules i choose wii i like it cause you can move around and get exercise i play lots of time

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

Heres what i think:

FACT:
The PS3 is over 7 times as powerful as a wii
Simply 7 wiis isn't even as powerful as one PS3
The Wii is technologically years behind the PS3
THIS IS ALL FACT!

Behind??? dont you mean ahead? i dont see the ps3 with motion sensitive controls do you?

ok, reasons not to get the wii: 1. the games all suck. 2. games all cost too much. 3. memory is terrible. 4. too child oriented. buy a 360 or ps3

1-the games rock if you get the right ones
2-ah yes, wii games are 50 bucks and ps3 games are 60. can you count?
3-the memory is quite good actually. and if you do run out, just get an sd card.
4-most all things are child oriented, becauser they are made for kids. however, there are some good adult games too.

ps3's sixaxis controller is just as good if not better than the wii-mote simply because they use it better and it has much more buttons and dual shock lol and will soon have vibration

and how are buttons a good thing? its just more to remember?
vibration? wii has already had that in the remotes since it came out!

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/01/wiivsps3ebay.jpg
theres several things wrong with this picture-
first off, if this was to be accurate, the systems would have to be releases at the same time! and by the date this was made, the ps3 wasnt out yet so of course it would be higher! and of course, the ps3 is already higher priced so obviously people pay more.

A PS3 is where it's at when it comes to this whole "Wii or PS3" thing, just nuff said, and all Wii seems to have to show for itself are the same games over and over again.
Not to mention:
I would feel more dignified if someone walked in on me holding a PS3 controller than if they walked in on me whipping around a Wii controller in a jerk off motion.

same games? how? is it because they use motion controls? because that is the main thing of the system...as to the final sentence- your probably just lazy and dont know how to use a wii right.

Ps3 because its its kinda like an xbox 360 you know good graphics downloadable content all that stuff

wii has quite good graphics on the right games. the wii has its own store where you can buy old fashion games!

Games suck, graphics suck, its a waste of money. Ps3 on the other hand has great graphics, awesome games, great online..
To me the wii is just for people who can't afford a good gaming console and need to have one anyways to feel like their in with the technological gaming era.
Im sry but by just saying wii is good without giving any examples tells me you think it sucks because u have nothing truely good to say about it. stop spamming or w/e ur doing and give reasons.

this made me laugh...
games are awesome,graphics are good on the right games,waste of money? compare the prices of the systems.

wii does need reasons. bad graphics because of slowed frame rate. ps3 is beautiful. yea ps3 is expensive but wii is never in stock. games for wii do suck as for said by lots of people, but so do a lot of ps3 games. they have beautiful trailers and graphics but arent very indepth. all in all id say wii, because the wiimotes are an innovative technology that will be a standard in the future of gaming, along with VR and MOCAP. next gen will be even better... why isnt X Box included?

i feel like im repeating myself...bad graphics because you chose the wrong games. people may say wii sucks, but people also say it rocks. and yet, i feel compelled by this post because even though you said so much bad stuff about the wii, in the end you still chose it...

The PS3 owns the wii due to the 10X btr graphics, 10X btr games, 10X btr gameplay, 10X btr controls, and 10X btr online... Wii just sucks... The stupid mii thing is the worst thing i have ever heard of!!
PS: congrats Xbox 360 for stupid update! XD

This post amused me. i mean "btr"? learn to spell!
miis are an innovated technology that are very enjoyable if you ask me. i wont even bother going in-depth about all that "btr" stuff. its just not worth it.

Overall, i have mostly contradicted all that has been said. if you want me to contradict something else, feel free to say so.

one thing i did notice is that all you ps3 fans kept on bombing the wii with the same information
-bad grpahics
-bad games
-bad motion

if theres only 3 things wrong, that isnt half bad compared to the tons i could think of on the ps3.
Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

anyone going to read the above?you should. it shows how mistake you ps3 fans are about the wii.

btw- all quotes were taken from pgs 46-54 because i thought i had enough info after 8 pages.

btw2- feel free to reply back to any statement i have given. i will reply back to you.

sry for double post if it is.

mightymichael24
mightymichael24
55 posts
Nomad

wii is fun but gets borig bad game4s

sadlersongs
sadlersongs
5 posts
Nomad

Owen135731, you do bring up some good points. There ARE games on the Wii that do have good graphics. But I have yet to see any that stack up to Drake's Fortune or Gears of War (I know that's 360, but it's just an example). And the games on the Wii that do have good graphics, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Twilight Princess, just to to name a few, have cartoony graphics. The Wii doesn't have any photo-realistic games and never will because the hardware can't handle it.

And some of you may be saying, "Who needs HD graphics? The Wii's are good enough." Once you ahve seen and experienced HD, you never want to go back. And to a lot of hard-core gamers and even just casual gamers like myself, graphics can make a huge difference. And sure the Wii controllers may make up for the poor graphics, but as I said before, it's a gimmick.

As for the online capabilities, it's pretty close.
1. The Wii does have channels that you can download that are connected to the internet, like the weather and news. The PS3 does not have this as far as I'm aware.
2. BUT the PS3 does allow you to download and rent movies through their online store. You can't do that on the Wii as of yet.
3. With both you can download Wii-Ware and the PS3 equivalent. And you can download classic games on both.

As for the prices, yes the Wii is cheaper, but you get what you pay for. The PS3 is more expensive because it has better hardware and a blu-ray player, which aren't cheap by themselves.

All in all, the PS3 is better in my opinion. I'm just trying to back up some of my reasons why.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

Thank you sadler for backing up your opinion.

The Wii doesn't have any photo-realistic games and never will because the hardware can't handle it.

beg to differ. have you played splinter cell on wii yet?
or COD5 for that matter.

As for the prices, yes the Wii is cheaper, but you get what you pay for. The PS3 is more expensive because it has better hardware and a blu-ray player, which aren't cheap by themselves.

look at it this way. the ps3 is twice as expensive as the wii, so shouldnt it be twice as good in everything compared to the wii?
sadlersongs
sadlersongs
5 posts
Nomad

Ha ha, I see your point Owen. No I haven't played COD 5 yet or Splinter Cell on the Wii (because I sold mine 6 months ago), but I know that the graphics won't even touch PS3's.

And no, I don't think that the PS3 should be "twice as good in everything" because it's twice the price. The Wii costs $250. A stand-alone blu-ray player costs at least $300 (for a good one, not a cheap one that a store is trying to get rid of). That's $550 right there. The PS3 40 GB that I have costs $380 at Best Buy. I'm saving $170. So to me, the added blu-ray player explains the higher price.

recon543
recon543
244 posts
Nomad

I think the Wii beacuse, It helps you live longer from the games,like golf, football, and snowbording are the best one from what Fox News said.

sadlersongs
sadlersongs
5 posts
Nomad

Ok how do they know that the Wii helps you live longer? The Wii has only been out 2 years. I don't think that's nearly enough time to conduct a study on the life-prolonging effects of the Wii.

And even if that was true, it's not the Wii, but physical activity that helps you live longer. And nothing gets you sweating like running a mile or lifting weights.

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

@sadlersongs-
from a logical standpoint, it helps you live longer because of the physical activity of the games. The physical activity keeps your body healthy.

malino95
malino95
37 posts
Nomad

Ps3 has better graphics and the Wii remote realy sucks.....

So

PS3

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

UM sry to say this but actually the wii doesn't involve that much exercise... Unless of course ur completely retarded and decide to move all around the room, when all you need to do is stand in one spot and move the wii controller back and forth.. Yes it may help you exercise, but ive realized that with all the movement i do on the wii, I do the exact same on the ps3. You see I realized something. Everyone who likes the fact that you get to move a controller and then your char. does something on screen, the ps3 has the same thing, except with no darn huge laser pointer on the end of the controller. You can use the ps3 controller to stear, hit, jump, roll, dodge, etc just by moving the controller itself... And hey it doesn't even need a laser pointer. Its motion sensored yes... (even btr in my view) but it does the exact same thing as a wii mote pretty much. For those who haven't played a ps3, you have no realization just how advanced this console is.

Maria4ever
Maria4ever
79 posts
Nomad

I have to say Wii. I am a very big fan of nintendo afterall. ;-)

GO WII!

FutureUSMC
FutureUSMC
270 posts
Nomad

I own the Wii. I think the Wii is better then the PS3. The wii is amazing for all cartoon like games and gets every one involved. I like the fact that my grandparents can play it with ease, instead of teaching them all the buttons of a PS3

coolmanrule
coolmanrule
149 posts
Nomad

ok dude the wii is fucking bad the controles are so inacurite i have both a wii and a ps3 so i know whene i say the ps3 is better it has better games with awsome graphics great gameplay and deap story line anyway the wii dosent deserve to vrs the ps3 the only compairasin is ps3 vs xbox couse wii sucks so much.why does the wii suck bad graphics often bad gameplay(mario party 8) some times it has i good one that uses it right (super mario galexy okomie) and most of all wii has fucking terrable online and its game almost never have a good plot and if they do they dont have good or any voice overs, on the off chance they do have voice overs the lip sinc almost always sucks.

Showing 286-300 of 320