Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Reputation System Suggestion

Posted Apr 6, '11 at 8:43pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

Feel free to discuss ideas about the Reputation system, known to some users as the "karma system", although "reputation" is what we'll be calling it on AG3.

The Reputation System may not be present at AG3 launch, but is a high priority post-launch. It will allow other users to participate in ranking your community involvement, to a degree.

We're still open to ideas on it, so feel free to share your thoughts and ideas, and ask any questions.

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 12:00am

deathwolf67

deathwolf67

6 posts

sounds fancy,
maybeh every time someone rates a game low, they get negative karma
and everytime they rate it high, they get positive, you can also have merits for that. :D?

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 12:23am

thepyro222

thepyro222

2,187 posts

sounds fancy,
and everytime they rate it high, they get positive, you can also have merits for that. :D?

If I rate a game low because it wasn't a good game, why should that drop my kharma? I usually write a pretty extensive review whilst rating a game, but still, we need to discourage bad game developers.

That would make it so, people go around, click a game, while its still loading, they rate 10/10 click back and repeat..Providing no imput for game developers.....

I agree, rate one and done. People shouldn't be able to rate a game over and over again. Although, there's not much we can do about people going to 100 different games and rating them all just to collect Ap/ Kp or whatever. I'm pretty certain people do it now.

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 12:31am

thepyro222

thepyro222

2,187 posts

It will allow other users to participate in ranking your community involvement, to a degree.

Hate to double post, but another concern of mine is that people may purposely give you a bad rating, "just cause," For example, I might get 25 people give me a bad rating just because I post something in a debate thread, that is a completely acceptable and logical write. hypothetically, let's say I say "we should ban gay marriage because..." I have plenty of support and logical reasoning for my thesis, but people disagree, so I get a bad reputation. Should I be punished and made the pariah of AG for a different opinion?

(btw, I think gay marriage is O.K! )

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 12:37am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

No. You shouldn't get negative reputation because you rated a game lowly. The game gets rated what it deserves.
everytime they rate it high, they get positive, you can also have merits for that.

No. Then people would only rate games highly. And merits aren't going to be present in AGv3, I think.
we need to discourage bad game developers.

You shouldn't discourage the Developer. You should rate the game accordingly to what you feel it deserves then leave a little review of it on what you likes and disliked and mention what the Developer needs to work on instead of discouraging the Developer.
That would make it so, people go around, click a game, while its still loading, they rate 10/10 click back and repeat..Providing no imput for game developers.....

I think Cormyn mentioned in another thread that there will be some kind of time limit for rating games so people can't spam them.

As for the Reputation system:
I would simply like to see a vote up and down feature then your when you get voted up or down you get Positive or Negative Reputation. I would also like to see that when you reach a certain point of positive reputation you get to unlock certain things, like Armatars. I don't know what else to say about it.

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 12:19pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,891 posts

In a differen't thread, you said that your 'Karma' would go down if a moderator deleted your post. SO what if you request a post to be deleted? I've asked various moderators to delete several of my post for various reasons, and I don't want to lose 'Karma' because I feel my post shouldn't be avaliable to the rest of AG.

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 12:40pm

Runescape124

Runescape124

3,043 posts

(btw, I think gay marriage is O.K! )

Are you sure this is the right place to post that?

In a differen't thread, you said that your 'Karma' would go down if a moderator deleted your post. SO what if you request a post to be deleted? I've asked various moderators to delete several of my post for various reasons, and I don't want to lose 'Karma' because I feel my post shouldn't be avaliable to the rest of AG.

Em, "Karma?" You mean like a person's Good/Bad Aura, or, like I call it, Gypsy Goop? How would what a person feels in real life be incoperated into AG v3 rank system? Or is the rank system separate from the reputation system? Anyways, I think, if it's reputation, have a meter system on each person's profile, and other people can slide the meter up and down according to how they feel about the person, like when rating games.

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 12:45pm

Runescape124

Runescape124

3,043 posts

can slide the meter up and down according to how they feel about the person, like when rating games.

Hate to double post, but how about what they feel currently? Like, say for example, my bro (he doesn't got an account on here...yet) did good in a debate (hate to copy your example, pyro, but it's all i can think of, lol) describing why people want flash games, and why people make them. I give him, say, an 8. Then, the next day, he didn't do as good as a job as i thought on another debate, so i lower the slider down the, um, 5. Then the next day, he did better, so i raise it up to 6, and so on.

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 7:11pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

SO what if you request a post to be deleted?

The same as happens now -- if we remove a post, you lose the points.

Posted Apr 8, '11 at 7:19pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

every time someone rates a game low, they get negative karma

The Reputation score will be based on community involvement, maybe for writing game reviews but otherwise not for any kind of other game involvement.

might get 25 people give me a bad rating just because I post something in a debate thread

We're looking at some math algorithms to calculate Reputation votes based on the relationship of the voter and the author and how many times that voter has voted for/against that author. So if someone constantly votes your stuff down 'cause they don't like it, their votes will be worth less.

I think Cormyn mentioned in another thread that there will be some kind of time limit for rating games so people can't spam them.

As well as for registering that they're playing a game as well, so you don't spam your activity stream with a hundred "Cormyn is playing _______"

I don't want to lose 'Karma' because I feel my post shouldn't be avaliable to the rest of AG.

On the flip side of that coin, other users won't think it's fair to let you keep any Reputation gains if the comment isn't available any longer, either.

Em, "Karma?" You mean like a person's Good/Bad Aura, or, like I call it, Gypsy Goop?

Whatever you folks want to call it, we'll be calling it "Reputation" because it will translate into other languages easier.

is the rank system separate from the reputation system? Anyways, I think, if it's reputation, have a meter system on each person's profile, and other people can slide the meter up and down according to how they feel about the person, like when rating games.

Well, I'm not sure we want to allow users to rate other users in that sense, that's not what we're about. The Reputation system on community involvement will help us, to some extent, to determine the best (and worst) of our users when it comes to writing things for the community.

Reply to Reputation System Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!