ForumsNews and FeedbackReputation System Suggestion

344 95918
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Feel free to discuss ideas about the Reputation system, known to some users as the "karma system", although "reputation" is what we'll be calling it on AG3.

The Reputation System may not be present at AG3 launch, but is a high priority post-launch. It will allow other users to participate in ranking your community involvement, to a degree.

We're still open to ideas on it, so feel free to share your thoughts and ideas, and ask any questions.

• 344 Replies
Auran619
Auran619
7 posts
Nomad

I think you should somehow 'migrate' the old reputation system into the new one without damaging anyone's pre-existing stats. I also understand the problem with the forums, keep at for last as that's how AG3 will be built in the first place.

Thanks for the hard-work guys!
Auran

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

The Reputation system will not be available at launch. The team will add it later.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Auran619 not sure what you mean about the 'old reputation system' ... we don't have a reputation system right now. Forum-related ideas should go in the appropriate sticky thread.

DrMonk892
DrMonk892
14 posts
Nomad

I think the concept of this system is very helpful for the site has a whole

And i agree with what people were saying " the more one person votes on one person the lower the value of his vote will be"

But the idea of having this will help other people see who is a good user a trustful and good mannered user and a bad disrespectful awful person
so i would like to see this in AGv3

Auran619
Auran619
7 posts
Nomad

Oh i'm sorry. I got a little mixed up between the 'Reputation' and the 'Rank' systems. I guess the reputation system could be like what they have at Xbox Live.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I'm not terribly sure how the [/b] or thingy works. My fault.

The [b] comes [b]before [/b].

Maybe with the rep system have the ability to put why you +rep or -rep them?

At first, there will be no vote-down Reputation, but an explanation would be a good idea.

And you can only - or + rep them once?

Once per post would be a good idea.

And they have a history of + and - reps for their user profile?

I think that should be available to the mods and admins to check for abuse of the Reputation system.

And mods/admins [/b]can't[b] be - rep because of locking a thread

With the explanation feature, that could be blocked, and I like that idea.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've talked in the past about whether we want to +1 a user's profile page or not. I don't know what the guys decided on, or if it's a future feature they're considering still.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

I didn't know there wouldn't be a vote-down option when they launch the rep system.

I know that 20 pages is a lot to read through, but it really will answer a lot of common questions.

As far as your -rep idea on profiles goes, I'm curious why you repeated an idea you just had a few minutes ago within the same thread.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I think you should be able to flag + or - reps on your profile and other people's profile. If a mod/admin finds it bad like -rep for reporting a user they can remove the -rep.
If you -rep an admin or mod you MUST put the reason why you did that. That way admins or mods won't have -1000000000000 rep for doing their jobs.

I think you'd have to give a reason for it regardless of who's profile it is as people could just spam on people they've never spoke to before.
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Well, to start out, we don't plan on letting you like/dislike a user in general, just their posts. But our reputation system will let us know if you start going through and just dis-liking everything that user writes just because you don't like them.

NullDragon17
NullDragon17
21 posts
Nomad

how did u get ur letters to be green

Ghostofelements
Ghostofelements
99 posts
Nomad

His letters are green because it's an admin, but we're not talking about green letters in this topic.
Anyway, I think you should do so:
someone who wants to give a +1 to an user, write it to an admin or a mod and tells him/her why. The admin or the mod decides if that user merits a +1. So none will give a lot of +1 to a friend without reasons.

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

someone who wants to give a +1 to an user, write it to an admin or a mod and tells him/her why. The admin or the mod decides if that user merits a +1. So none will give a lot of +1 to a friend without reasons.

cormyn has said that there will be no user likes/dislikes, at least to start out. However, if such a feature is added later, then there should definitely be a reason requirement.
darthgohan1
darthgohan1
4 posts
Nomad

not sure if i like this or not. i feel like karma systems just reward the most popular people in the community, rather than rewarding good posters. doesn't really serve a purpose either (am i going to ignore a good post jut because someone has low reputation?), except for people +1'ing their friends for +1's in return.

supercoo222
supercoo222
1,270 posts
Nomad

how did u get ur letters to be green

Because he's a moderator.

I haven't been on AG in months, just got back on a bit today and read this.

I'll be honest i didn't read it all.

But if nobody has mentioned it there should be a thumbs up / thumbs down or Helpful/ unhelpful for forum posts. which would also contribute to good karma.
Showing 181-195 of 344